Weddings Engagements Portraits Events Personal News Other Photography Photography Stuff Design Stuff Randoms!
My Website JSP Faqs World sunrise/ sunset times Time Zone converter World Clock Day/ Night world map




A big hi and hello to all of you out there! Thank you for stopping by Jenny Sun Photography's blog! This is my brand new blog space! So please make yourself at home, and have a good browse around. There is plenty more to come so check back often :) Just in case any of you are wondering who on earth I am, my name is Jenny Sun. I own a photography company that spans across Australia and Malaysia, particularly in the Sydney and Kuala Lumpur regions respectively. Though I'm not restricted to those areas! :) I love photographing just about anything under the sun, but my particular passion is for weddings and portraits - I seriously LOVE people, their stories, the beautiful relationships formed, and the tales that are told when that shutter goes off!

This blog is my personal and visual journey along this path of photography. Please hop on board the ride, comment along the way (I shamelessly love comments!), and lets see where the wind takes us :)




Monday, April 6, 2009

F is for F1, and Featured!!


Hello world! :)

My my, was the weekend too short or what?? I don't know about you, but a 2 day weekend seems to be on the SKINNY side and definitely NOT enough. Especially for workaholics :p

After meeting some AWESOME couples on the weekend (I am SO EXCITED to do their shoot!! I love it when I meet clients who are as enthusiastic as I am, and bring their creative hats on to our discussions. Hearing their thoughts and visions, always pumps me up to do their shoot :D), the husband and I rocked up to the F1, at the Sepang Circuit.

Ju has been wanting to go for YEARS. Year after year, he always unsuccessfully tries to convince his friends to follow him and sit on the hillside seating area. I mean, its incomprehensible WHY no one ever wants to go. Sitting under the 30+ degree celcius heat with no shade is the perfect way to watch a 2 hour race right? I'm dumbfounded :p

So, as a treat to him, and wanting to surprise him with something awesome for our 1st year anniversary (gifts are supposed to follow a paper theme apparently!!), I bought us some tickets in the grandstand to enjoy it properly. And BOY AM I GLAD I DID!!! Why?? Well....

(1) It poured like the world wanted to drown in its own tears! I'm telling you, the rain was so crazy, the race got cancelled half way!! You could see the lightning and hear the thunder, amidst the skidding and splashing. So it was great to know we had the grandstand roof above our heads :)

(2) I am officially ADDICTED to the F1. I have to admit, I find the whole race thing boring as anything on TV. And have never given the light of day or a blink of a second of time to this thing we call the F1 on TV. But watching it L.I.V.E was a WHOOOOOLE new experience. I loved seeing the cars screech past, all vying and fighting to overtake the corners, I loved seeing the odd crash here and there, and I even loved the INSANE sound that the cars were giving off - it was the loudest thing I've ever heard in my little sheltered life. So much so you need ear plugs, and even THEN its loud!! Its like they were all competing to see who could break the sound barrier faster!! Anyway.... I wanna go see another race!! :D

Here are some photos I stole from my husband's facebook account. They are happy snaps, so they look crappy and unprofessional, but I don't care :) That's what happy snaps are :) I love the fact that you can just point, shoot, and not give a whif of a thought about how pretty the photo should look :D Thanks Ju for taking photos so I could really be off duty :)



And the other really exciting piece of news is that the lovely Evonne who is the awesome brains and hands of Events by Evonne (which is an AWESOME resource for anyone who is planning a wedding and wants fabulous, creative, and original ideas - please check it out! You'll be sorry you missed it if you don't click and have a peep! Brides, you will LOVE it!), has featured Samantha and Ben's Phuket Wedding on her site. You can check it out by clicking [HERE] :)

Thank you so much Evonne! You're a gem! And thank you to Samantha and Ben!! You two were fabulous and the photos wouldn't even be 10% of how awesome they are without your star quality :D

Alright everyone, I am now in the very thick of the craziest month of 2009. April is INSANE I tell you, and even with all hands on board, it's going to be a circus act juggling the 1, 203, 796 things I have to complete this month. And on top of that, my inbox and I are in another kickboxing match with one another - one I suspect will be a long one! :D So bear with me if I am a little nutty around the corners this month. Love to you all! :D

Gotta run now to sleep, to awake to a pre-dawn get up, and shoot! :D




5 comments:

whoalse said...

Nice....Another F1 convert! Glad you had a blast.....
Keep the inspiring pics coming

jazzmint said...

yeah..the rain was crazy!!! I was watching at home and glad that I weren't there

geminie said...

I love the rain comment! Your writing reminds me of Ree from: http://thepioneerwoman.com/photography/

Sam said...

Wow, we're featured!! Well, kind of, the venue was featured at least :) We still look back at the photos with such fond memories!

RaymondC said...

You were there ... Should let's know .. At least can come & say "hello" to you. :-)