Weddings Engagements Portraits Events Personal News Other Photography Photography Stuff Design Stuff Randoms!
My Website JSP Faqs World sunrise/ sunset times Time Zone converter World Clock Day/ Night world map




A big hi and hello to all of you out there! Thank you for stopping by Jenny Sun Photography's blog! This is my brand new blog space! So please make yourself at home, and have a good browse around. There is plenty more to come so check back often :) Just in case any of you are wondering who on earth I am, my name is Jenny Sun. I own a photography company that spans across Australia and Malaysia, particularly in the Sydney and Kuala Lumpur regions respectively. Though I'm not restricted to those areas! :) I love photographing just about anything under the sun, but my particular passion is for weddings and portraits - I seriously LOVE people, their stories, the beautiful relationships formed, and the tales that are told when that shutter goes off!

This blog is my personal and visual journey along this path of photography. Please hop on board the ride, comment along the way (I shamelessly love comments!), and lets see where the wind takes us :)




Thursday, April 30, 2009

Judith and William: Just Because


And so, we are continuing with the mini blog posts!! :) I know they SEEM long, but trust me... my regular posts come with a full story, slideshow, and about 30 to 40 images, so when I post about 15 or so, its a mini post!! haha :)

Anyhow, I'm not too sure what to call this, since Judith and William had been married for 2 years when they decided to engage me for their shoot. But like I said before in my last Just Because session, I TOTALLY believe that you do not need a special reason to take photos. Just being allowed the opportunity to document your love as it matures, grows, and refines over the years is such an incredibly beautiful thing as it is... so for those waiting for a malaysian shoot on my blog, this one is for you :)

Introducing Judith and William's just because session...

Judith wanted to rock it out with a gorgeous wedding dress!! And finish it up with some casual shots of themselves - which was perfect because I just LOVE it when my clients take my advice and do part of their session in casual gear. Its so important to have photos of yourselves, as you are... because, lets face it, as much as we would like to think so, we do NOT wear our wedding attire everyday, and we do not look like how we look on our wedding everyday... so to have photos of yourselves, being... well, yourselves, is SO important! You can show your kids and grandkids in years to come and tell them that was really you, as YOU! :)


We don't normally do this, but before her session started, Judith wanted us to come to her hotel room to take some shots of her dress and details since she never got these type of photos on her actual wedding day :) Aren't they gorgeous!!



OH yes, that is a tiffany and co ring!! :D My husband is lucky I am not a bling kinda girl, because if I was, my wallet and eyes would stick to Tiffany and Co like a lost puppy :D



Then off and around Mandarin Oriental, KL for some quick shots :) They were super nice in letting Judith and William shoot there, since they had their wedding there a couple of years back. The banquet manager apparently still remembers them! Thats AWESOME service :)








Then we proceeded to go outdoors for the rest of the shoot :)


A random, in between poses shot :) I kinda like it!


Now to ALL BRIDES who request for veil shots from your photographer, THIS is the kind of veil you should have. Extremely EXTREMELY long (like floor length!!), soft and flowy. None of that crunchy stuff that feels like sandpaper :) I fell in LOVE with Judith's veil the moment I laid my eyes on it cos I knew shots like this were totally possible :D


my oh my... you know me and patterns/lines. I used to be a graphic designer, so this backdrop was heaven!! :D


And it wouldn't be a JSP shoot without trying to find some colour right?? :D These are dumpster cans by the way! haha... we got like 2 shots, before the guard promptly told us to go away! :P But alas, it was worth it!!




Judith managed to get us permission to shoot inside this church. She wanted a vintage touch to her photos here, so here is an example.


More playing with the ultra long veil!


i LOVE this shot! Staircases are so fun!! It was hilarious to try and keep my feet out of this shot though! Cos the lens was so wide, I kept seeing my toes in the edges!! Here's one that finally made it, toes excluded :)


Casual shoot :)


William is a guitarist so it was so cool when he brought along his guitar for the shoot. I love it when clients bring along pieces of themselves to reflect part of who they are in the shoot! :D




Alright everyone! I gotta get back to editing and emails again! I have a 3 day event to go to, starting from tomorrow, so if you don't hear from me until then, have an awesome awesome weekend!! :D In the meantime, enjoy the FOUR posts I put up in the last 48 hours :)

3 comments:

Fishy Ash said...

Never feels bored reading your blog and those pictures... Gosh, they're gorgeous as ever!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful!

Deyla Huss said...

Stunning darlin just stunning!!!!!!! You rocked it as always my deary!