Weddings Engagements Portraits Events Personal News Other Photography Photography Stuff Design Stuff Randoms!
My Website JSP Faqs World sunrise/ sunset times Time Zone converter World Clock Day/ Night world map




A big hi and hello to all of you out there! Thank you for stopping by Jenny Sun Photography's blog! This is my brand new blog space! So please make yourself at home, and have a good browse around. There is plenty more to come so check back often :) Just in case any of you are wondering who on earth I am, my name is Jenny Sun. I own a photography company that spans across Australia and Malaysia, particularly in the Sydney and Kuala Lumpur regions respectively. Though I'm not restricted to those areas! :) I love photographing just about anything under the sun, but my particular passion is for weddings and portraits - I seriously LOVE people, their stories, the beautiful relationships formed, and the tales that are told when that shutter goes off!

This blog is my personal and visual journey along this path of photography. Please hop on board the ride, comment along the way (I shamelessly love comments!), and lets see where the wind takes us :)




Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Catching up, Lunch, and Mini Blog Week


Last night, I lowered my eyes and peered at my checklists, and the pleasant realization came over me that I had finished everything. EVERYTHING. Down to the last email, facebook message....even the crossing off of items one the list - it was ALL complete. I then walked around my office looking for things to fill my time, only to find that I had nothing left to do. A smile crept over my face and I then proceeded to pour myself a glass of red wine while I slipped in my newest blu ray disc purchase. It felt so good to know I had accomplished everything....and that I finally had it in the palm of my hands - time. That elusive element I've been chasing for, for months!

Then to my horror, my eyes opened, and I awoke.

I hate dreams. Especially good ones :) They make me want to go back to sleep and pry every last detail out, flesh it into reality, and then squeeze it some more just to make sure I had everything.

Well, the reality is, the past 2 weeks have been travel week, and things have been as manic as ever. The weather has NOT been my friend, and I am still playing kickboxing with my inbox. It seems no matter how much quality time I spend with it every day, it seems to throw punches bigger than I can throw back! However, I am DETERMINED to win. And believe you me, I will :) You don't mess with a taurus!

Anyhow, while I try to resume normality at tornado level 5 speed, I just wanted to say that even though the past week or two have been completely insane on every count, I wanted to share a few things that have been on my mind amidst all the things that have been going on:

(1) I couldn't imagine doing anything else :) I think I am sick that way... haha, I relish in the crazy, and it makes me want to do it all the more :)

(2) A few photographers have been emailing me about getting together to ask me some questions, get feedback on their work, and so on. So I thought, what a fabulous idea it would be to organize a lunch get together some time in May! That right - it will be me, and whoever of you who want to come along. I'll be there to sit with you to answer your questions (you can ask me anything on photos, cameras, light, business, etc - and I'll try my best to answer it all - I'm no guru, but I'm happy to share whatever I can!), look at your work and give you some feedback, and anything else you fancy :) And the best thing is, I am not charging a cent for this session. I am a HUGE believer in helping others, and this is my little way of giving back - I've had the absolute pleasure of being blessed with tonnes of awesome generous giving minded people when I started in the industry and now its my turn :) I'll be limiting it to the first 8-10 people (quality time over quantity!) so email me at info@jennysunphotography.com with the subject title "LUNCH". I'd love to hear from you! I'm terrified that I'm being a total idiot, and that no one will come, so please spare me from sitting alone and drop me a line :) ps: This will be held in KL, so this is for all you shutter bugs in KL/Malaysia. Don't worry sydney siders - I'll organize one for you soon :)

(4) I'll be doing what I call 'Mini Blog Week' this week. That is - one short post everyday until the weekend hits - to make up for my silence of late!

(3) Now, I said the weather was NOT my friend lately, but when she was, she treated me SOOOOO well :) Look!!




Have an awesome tuesday everyone! :) I'm fighting my way through my inbox everyday, so if you are still awaiting a reply - either check your spam folders, or drop me another line if you still haven't heard from me :)


1 comments:

Jenny Sun said...

To everyone! :)


The list for the meet up has been filled! It went so fast!! I'll be emailing all those who wrote in later this afternoon with the details! :)

xoxo
Jenny