Weddings Engagements Portraits Events Personal News Other Photography Photography Stuff Design Stuff Randoms!
My Website JSP Faqs World sunrise/ sunset times Time Zone converter World Clock Day/ Night world map




A big hi and hello to all of you out there! Thank you for stopping by Jenny Sun Photography's blog! This is my brand new blog space! So please make yourself at home, and have a good browse around. There is plenty more to come so check back often :) Just in case any of you are wondering who on earth I am, my name is Jenny Sun. I own a photography company that spans across Australia and Malaysia, particularly in the Sydney and Kuala Lumpur regions respectively. Though I'm not restricted to those areas! :) I love photographing just about anything under the sun, but my particular passion is for weddings and portraits - I seriously LOVE people, their stories, the beautiful relationships formed, and the tales that are told when that shutter goes off!

This blog is my personal and visual journey along this path of photography. Please hop on board the ride, comment along the way (I shamelessly love comments!), and lets see where the wind takes us :)




Thursday, April 30, 2009

SHOOTFEST 2009!!


If you know me, and have been following my blog well, you will know that I am a huge advocate for sharing knowledge, experience, and the like. I've been very very blessed with meeting similar minded people who were extremely giving in their know-how early on in my career, which has helped me in leaps and bounds in the past couple of years :)

So when I was asked if I would like to participate and give a talk in an upcoming event called SHOOTFEST, an 'unconference' for photographers and videographers, I was stoked!

What is this shootfest you are asking? Well, I couldn't explain it better than the orgazanizers of the event themselves. This is an extract from their site:

An unconference is an informal gathering of likeminded people with a common interest. It’s a participant-driven conference, meaning everyone must participate in some way or another. We encourage everyone to present a topic or engage in a discussion during the 2-day sessions.

Each ShootFest is a media unconference primarily for photographers and videographers. This first one that is organised is themed The Wedding and is meant for professionals, freelancers and anyone interested in wedding photography and videography.

The benefits of ShootFests are knowledge-sharing, networking and raising the bar for the industry. If you feel you don’t want to share any of your kung-fu, then the unconference is probably not for you. We want to breed improvement for everyone, and need you to share your thoughts too.

If you want more details, please visit their site! And register NOW, because the event has a limited number of spaces, and you don't want to miss out on the talks by other speakers! The topics covered will be awesome!




I hope to see you all there! :)


2 comments:

Grace Tan said...

Thanks Jenny for the post! Can't wait to catch up with you then!

Jonathan Dear said...

I was very excited about this until I found out it was in MY! :P I'll be watching with interest to see how it all goes!