Weddings Engagements Portraits Events Personal News Other Photography Photography Stuff Design Stuff Randoms!
My Website JSP Faqs World sunrise/ sunset times Time Zone converter World Clock Day/ Night world map




A big hi and hello to all of you out there! Thank you for stopping by Jenny Sun Photography's blog! This is my brand new blog space! So please make yourself at home, and have a good browse around. There is plenty more to come so check back often :) Just in case any of you are wondering who on earth I am, my name is Jenny Sun. I own a photography company that spans across Australia and Malaysia, particularly in the Sydney and Kuala Lumpur regions respectively. Though I'm not restricted to those areas! :) I love photographing just about anything under the sun, but my particular passion is for weddings and portraits - I seriously LOVE people, their stories, the beautiful relationships formed, and the tales that are told when that shutter goes off!

This blog is my personal and visual journey along this path of photography. Please hop on board the ride, comment along the way (I shamelessly love comments!), and lets see where the wind takes us :)




Thursday, April 2, 2009

Culinary Adventures


One of the curses of falling into the busy life, is that time is so dearly scarce. As a result, alot of the things that I love doing, I just can't fit into the anorexic period we like to term as 24 hours. If I had my way, I'd program my body so that I could stay awake for 72 hours without sleep, and sing and dance to the sun so it will stay up while I run around and get all the things I want to get done, done.

Amidst the many things that fill my low-boredom threshold mind, such as wishing I could play the guitar, wanting to travel more, doing the laundry (yes!! When you work all the time, and are always out, I actually find folding clothes and putting them away kinda relaxing!), playing more sport (or exercise!), cooking sits quite high on the list.

The husband thinks my lack of culinary activity is because I'm just lazy, but really, I like to just think I'm very very busy. Because you see with me, when I want to do something, I want to do it well. Perfectly. And if I know I wont have the time to do that, then I won't do it at all. Ahhh, the curse of being born a perfectionist!! Anyhow, since Ju had been wanting more homecooked food that we didn't have to drive out to buy, I thought I'd whip out my love for making food and be more devoted to this aspect of being a wife. Granted, I am not Jamie Oliver (that hat, goes to my brother in our family - put him in ANY kitchen, and he will know how to pull whatever he can find to make the yummiest thing ever. I'm more of a recipe or watch-and-analyze other people's food kinda person! hehe), but I can pull a few things together which make my tummy happy. And being a busy busy person, I love recipes that can be whipped up in a flash. Recently, I've fallen in love with our oven all over again - don't you just love food you can just throw inside and it cooks itself?? :D

So last night, we had some guests over. Sorry there are no photos of that, because we ate every last morsel of the spare ribs, and grilled chicken wings I made, but here is what was my fave from the night:

Watercress Soup. Chinese Style. With all my favourite bits including longan and scallops. MMmmmmm :D And when Ju said it tasted like his mum's, I knew we had a winner!!




And here is what I plan to have on the menu tonight. Don't be deceived. I don't like to toot my horn, but I've been told I make a mean spaghetti bolognaise. Little do they know its thanks to my secret ingredient!! :D





ps: A small special announcement will be up tomorrow on the blog. Stay tuned for that! :)


9 comments:

Amanda said...

LOL, even your pics of mushroom and sauce is inspiring. ;)

Joanna said...

there's always home-delivery McD ;) what a pity that they don't offer that here in Aus!

Linda Truong said...

Hahaha, I love this post.. Food always gets me going! =D Today I cooked a meannnnn pasta... with juicy chicken pieces, taragon, and cherry tomatoes cooked to perfection, every time you bite into it the sweet juices from the tomato burst open... Yum yum..

trish said...

Oh can I have the recipe for how to cook that soup! It looks special and....healthy. There was this place in Melbourne city near Chinatown called HotPot King and has all these cool soups like that. I want to cook some for Joel and pretend to be a proper wifey :P

Jimmy and Bertha said...

oooh! I concur about the comment about your brother! one time, there was nothing in my fridge, yet he managed to cook up a storm, with enough food to feed double the number of people at home!
hehee.. and I agree with the putting food into the oven and it just cooks! =) can't wait to start using our's at home!
ps. Jimmy wants to drink that soup! (if he could, he'd jump into the computer, I'm sure!)

nancy said...

I recently came accross your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I dont know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.


Betty

http://desktopmemory.info

astherlauphotography said...

Whenever u're free (I knw dat's a very RARE occassion), we can hv a cooking session together & I can teach you a few "cook it fast" dishes which my hubby loves. ;)

oneshotbeyond said...

gorgeous photography!

Anonymous said...

Only YOU could make a jar of pasta sauce look that good !!!

Karman =)