Thursday, June 21, 2007
Don't worry, I don't bite and I wont be tracking down who you are/where you are from. I would just love to know who is dropping by this corner of the web :)
So, what are you waiting for? Start clicking below!!
Thursday, June 14, 2007
Remember that beautiful wedding I photographed, featuring a lovely Malaysian Chinese lady, and a fair headed Danish fella?
Well, I've managed to sit down with my new computer to put together a more comprehensive slideshow for all of you to view.
You will just have to see some of the images to know what I mean :)
And finally, here are a pick of some of my favourite images from this wedding:
1. A lovely double happiness paper cut-out, on the door of the bedroom. It looks as if you are opening the door to a different world inside.
2. The families are very close. I could just tell. Here is what I mean... the bride giving her mother a warm kiss on the cheek after she passed her the tea, at the tea ceremony. I thought it was such a beautiful moment.
3. Here is the bride with her brother. Again, another example of their close family. Very sweet, and so much joy.
4. Here comes the bride!!
5. The first of many kisses that day :)
6. This was a perfect example of just how much fun this couple had on their big day. If you are wondering what they are laughing about, they had asked their guests to tap their glasses if they wanted the bride and groom to stand on the table to kiss each other. At one point the guests were just tapping non-stop, which inevitably caused a long string of laughter from the couple!! :)
7. This moment was crazy!! One of the danish traditions is to cut a hole off the sock of the groom after the first dance. You should have seen the frenzy of all the guys there trying to grab the groom to extract this tiny piece of material. It was hilarious!
Tuesday, June 12, 2007
Yes, believe me, I was running on a 256MB RAM processor, with programs such as Photoshop, Illustrator, Indesign, Flash etc all open at the same time. Needless to say, my trusty digital companion was on its last legs, and ran its last creative leg last week. Not dead, but officially retired from the creative industry.
Its new big brother (which has a lovely new and much bigger LCD screen) has come to take its place and I'm loving it. It will mean that I can finally do work at the speed which I have wanted to, and that I can spend more time creatively processing images and albums, instead of waiting and waiting in between each step.
With that in place, and my health back on track (touchwood, and hopefully I will STAY well) I can now start to put up new photos and update these galleries like I've wanted to do!
Watch out over the next few weeks! It will be madly busy at the JSP headquarters, so this blog may or may not grow thin... either way, I'll still be around... just running around thats all! :)
Tuesday, June 5, 2007
I've been meaning to post this up for awhile, and since I'm not well enough yet to put brand new wedding material up here, I thought I'd share this with you.
The date on the print is the little girl's birthday - NOT when I photographed her :)
Anyway, click on the small version below to view the larger version!
(ps: To those that own mac screens, this looks the best on that!)
Monday, June 4, 2007
Needless to say, this has meant that work has been put on hold til a full recovery has come around. I feel that I owe it to my clients to work on their photos + album designs with a clear, healthy mind and body, rather than one that is clogged with things that are stifling my creativity and efficiency. Who works at their peak while they are sick anyway?
Apologies are due as a result of the delay in processing images, however shooting schedule remains as per normal. Yes, guess what? I shot my first wedding on saturday while I was sick.
A challenge? Yes. And I thank God He got me through, and that we have some nice images to show sometime soon!
Alright, I'm off now to rest. Lots of water, sleep, and no work are definitely prescribed on this (hopefully SHORT) road to recovery.
Til next time.