Weddings Engagements Portraits Events Personal News Other Photography Photography Stuff Design Stuff Randoms!
My Website JSP Faqs World sunrise/ sunset times Time Zone converter World Clock Day/ Night world map




A big hi and hello to all of you out there! Thank you for stopping by Jenny Sun Photography's blog! This is my brand new blog space! So please make yourself at home, and have a good browse around. There is plenty more to come so check back often :) Just in case any of you are wondering who on earth I am, my name is Jenny Sun. I own a photography company that spans across Australia and Malaysia, particularly in the Sydney and Kuala Lumpur regions respectively. Though I'm not restricted to those areas! :) I love photographing just about anything under the sun, but my particular passion is for weddings and portraits - I seriously LOVE people, their stories, the beautiful relationships formed, and the tales that are told when that shutter goes off!

This blog is my personal and visual journey along this path of photography. Please hop on board the ride, comment along the way (I shamelessly love comments!), and lets see where the wind takes us :)




Monday, April 13, 2009

Jimmy and Bertha: Wedding


Summer often brings with it, orange sunsets, long lazy afternoons with cold lemonade, extended holidays, the promise of fun and laughter, reunions with friends without the worry of work, and in the midst of all that goodness... it sometimes ushers in the poetic idea of summer love.

Over the longer days that dutifully showed themself in summer, and under the swelter of the sun, met a boy and a girl. A boy who loved music, who held an innate ability to create food, who was popular with every soul he came to face with. And a girl, who was sweet in every sense of the word...she was thoughtful and kind, warm and down to earth, all wrapped together in a sugary personality that you just couldn't dislike, no matter how hard you tried.

And while Jimmy and Bertha knew of each other before hand, it wasn't until that fateful summer where serendipity threw them together to do God's work filled with music, and children, that the seeds of love were so carefully planted by our heavenly Father. Because when the work was done, love began, love blossomed, and love grew in such a steadfast and certain manner, that Bertha knew from the very beginning she was going to marry this boy, with whom her heart had already begun intertwining with.

And she was right.

Four years since those seeds of summer love bore fruit, Jimmy and Bertha made their love official, promising their ever afters in front of hundreds of close family and friends (I did mention that Jimmy is very popular, and that no one can dislike Bertha ;) ) , and kissed then laughed the night away with their fingers woven into each others, soaking in the hope and joy of being able to walk side by side as husband and wife for the rest of their days.

Thank you so much Jimmy and Bertha for trusting me with your memories, and for being so awesome in listening to my advice on getting the best photos, and especially for just letting me be there to document your big special day - I know you have been dreaming about it, and looking forward to it for so long!! And lastly, I know I'm your sister, but it really was such a privilege to be given THE duty of planting your memories, your joy, and your love into pictures that you can look back on. I hope that you hold as much fondness with these photos as I do. I smiled, then teared, when I was editing some of these. I love you both :)

Here are some of my favourites from your wedding...yes some *ahem* *coughs* :P

As jimmy is my brother, this is what happens when I photograph a sibling's wedding :P I take way too many photos :p

.... MONSTER POST AHEAD!!


The pretty, pretty bouquets, designed by Bertha's mother :)





The heels, from Alan Pinkus










All done and ready!! I thought this was the pretty spot for photos, and then Bertha went and told me that it was their regular 'photo spot' in the family. hah! And I thought photographers were the only ones who had an eye :p


The boys getting ready, courtesy of Linda :)




A short prayer just before the day started... then Bertha began to tear up. I think when you realize you are about to officially 'leave' your family, it gets quite emotional.


The laughter followed shortly after that, as the tea ceremonies began :)


Then it was off to the place where I grew up for the other tea ceremony!! I'm not in this set of photos - haha, you'll have to watch the slideshow to see me :p


Arriving at St Peter's Presbyterian Church. Bertha's smile is absolutely contagious. It breaks open like sun rays through grey clouds. It just radiates, and I love it!!


Saying a quick prayer before the ceremony.






There's that Bertha smile again!




Woohoo! Mr and Mrs!! :D






At every wedding, I always have very STIFF competition vying for the best spots and moments to capture photos. Here is another TYPICAL example of what I am talking about! Look at all the cameras!! You wonder why you need a professional at this rate!! haha... KIDDING ;)


I love how the kids were just watching so leisurely, while the ceremony was underway...


Jimmy, giving my mum a hug :) Guess her age... no one has ever got it right! haha...




People often ask me, why I get my second shooters to do the group photos... this is why. If I was madly rushing around getting the groups together, its moments like this I miss. And its moments like these, I LIVE for in my line of work. I love how candid and happy they are :)


Then off to Rouse Hill Estate for location pictures. The light was harsh and the management were super strict in not letting us go/use/sit in alot of places, but hey... here's what we got regardless :D








We found out on the day that my sister in law is a POSER!! She is a little miss POSER! hahaha... and very good at it! I didn't tell her to do these kind of poses. She just knows how to WORK IT :D




I absolutely love the light and gentleness in these 2 pics.




I made the girls do a REALLY cheesy pose... but thats so I could get them laughing like THIS! :D


The boys!! :D


This is another poser moment by Bertha. I did not ask her to do this :) I was merely there just to snap as she played with Jimmy's accessories! Why girl?? you have your own!! haha... *JOKES* :D


One of my faves.




My FAVE of the day :)


These last two can also be added to my faves list of the day. There you go bert! The 2nd is your 'look into the camera' shot you wanted!! ;)


The beautiful little details that were set out at their reception venue - Rhodes Phoenix Restaurant :) Bertha loves details and her taste is very good :)


Bertha and Jimmy opted for NO table shots the whole night (YAY!!! I LOVE that :D) - instead, they took my advice and did a fun 'photobooth' JSP style ;) I think these kind of group photos are way more fun... no? YES!!! :D


And here is ANOTHER poser moment from Bertha again!! haha... we should give this alter ego a name!! Suggestions??


Then the speeches followed... and they were filled with tears and emotions, from all the kind and reminiscent words uttered.


Plus tonnes of laughs following that!! The best man speech was the BEST I've heard... EVER.






The night ended with my brother serenading Bertha with a song he wrote himself. It was lovely :)




And since Bertha is all things sweet, pink, and sugary, I thought it only appropriate to have their ring shots like this:


Alright!! If you want to see more on top of the monster post above, watch the slideshow below! It features a song which I've recently discovered while watching some very old girly movies :D It pays to watch your old DVD stocks now and again :)



Okay everyone, I gotta run now. I'm nursing a cold and a sore throat, which means I need a huge dose of sleep, vitamin C, and rest, so til next post!! :D


16 comments:

Joanna said...

*gobsmacked* WOW WOW WOW!

you have outdone yourself! these images are absolutely beautiful!!! you have captured the love and the laughter of that day :)

love the large amount of photos. it was sooo worth the wait ;) hehe. any chance of more photos? *grins*

sue said...

I love the photobooth pictures! :D

Linda Truong said...

It was a pleasure shooting with you that day Jenny. I've met many beautiful people in whom I can all my new friends! :) I'm glad that some of my shots made it into the Jenny Sun Photography blog cut! YAYYY!! HOOOLAAAAA!!! :D :D :D You are fabulous! I love your work and your use of light... Bertha you look so gorgeousssss!! I love you... And Jimmy, you are pretty cool... HAHAHHA!! :P

Joshua K said...

Absolutely awesome! Looooooooove them all :)

Lauren: Tiger Lily Photography said...

OMG - Rouse Hill House! Love that location, never shot a wedding there, have only done family portraits! Gorgeous images, well done!

ohana photographers - david , kim & april said...

looove! i wish our couples would let us put their rings in stuff!! awesome!

Nydia said...

Really awesome pics jenny... Can't wait for the story :)

astherlauphotography said...

You & ur bro look like TWINS! Hahaha... His hair is curly tho. Yours natural straight?

How come don see any of YOUR face in the pics? Hehehe...

Love the series... AS ALWAYS! And love love love what u did with the rings! DELICIOUSLY BEAUTIFUL! Hahaha...

andychin said...

those are fantabulous one! love the details.
I bet the Rings are sweet !

tammeegoreng said...

LOVE it jenny!!! Could not have expected anything less from your own brother's wedding and how lucky & happy Jimmy looks!! Really love the greens from the Rouse Hill shot esp the first one of Bertha! And the ring shot, lucky you can get away with doing that haha!

Lydia said...

Wow. These shots are just too beautiful for words! Love the ring shots, as usual!

natt said...

awesome work jen...and you covered it so so well!

tonnii said...

hi! by watching ur photos always make me wanted to get married!
cheers!

chocolatesuze said...

awesome! love your photos they are always so beautiful! dya know where bertha got the dress from?

teohsueng said...

Great one capturing everyone with their cameras!!

Saw Kang Jong said...

really love this series :)