Weddings Engagements Portraits Events Personal News Other Photography Photography Stuff Design Stuff Randoms!
My Website JSP Faqs World sunrise/ sunset times Time Zone converter World Clock Day/ Night world map




A big hi and hello to all of you out there! Thank you for stopping by Jenny Sun Photography's blog! This is my brand new blog space! So please make yourself at home, and have a good browse around. There is plenty more to come so check back often :) Just in case any of you are wondering who on earth I am, my name is Jenny Sun. I own a photography company that spans across Australia and Malaysia, particularly in the Sydney and Kuala Lumpur regions respectively. Though I'm not restricted to those areas! :) I love photographing just about anything under the sun, but my particular passion is for weddings and portraits - I seriously LOVE people, their stories, the beautiful relationships formed, and the tales that are told when that shutter goes off!

This blog is my personal and visual journey along this path of photography. Please hop on board the ride, comment along the way (I shamelessly love comments!), and lets see where the wind takes us :)




Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Friends: Just Because


These past couple of weeks have been MAD. Like M.A.D. With capital letters. And exclamation marks. 

Shoots have been running wild, dotting my schedule more frequently than the spots on a leopard. And the weather has been CRAZY?! It has totally been spinning my weeks haywire. So I am officially apologizing profusely if my posts have been erratic, if shoots have been moved around, if my emails have been even more topsy turvy (ALL will be replied by end of wednesday), and for anything else that has been out of the norm. The crazy will subside in the not too distant future, so hang in there with me :)

Anyhow, the weather hasn't been entire cruel :) God recently opened the skies long enough so we could take a little trip out of the busy in the city, and into the tranquility of autumn in its all its splendour for what I love to call a "Just Because" session. You know, because I am a HUGE believer that you should never need a special reason to take photos. Life is amazing in itself, and to be able to document it, document you at various points along its colourful spectrum is reason enough...

So several months ago, Jo and all her friends write in to me, to ask if they could get their shots taken. And instead of settling just for a 'typical' headshot session, I asked the girls if they were up for doing it JSP style - that is, with a slight fashion twist. Because, seriously, as a girl myself I think we girls don't have enough opportunities to feel and look fabulous. To feel beautiful. To dress up and look gorgeous. And what better opportunity to express your fabulousness than in a "Just Because" session right?

So I asked the girls to get their hair and makeup done, and then put together 2 outfits each (one dressy outfit, and one funky casual outfit) which expressed their style and personalities. Our aim was something feminine, romantic, with a touch of vintage. I couldn't love them more for listening to my advice, and for having such fabulous taste, because here is what ended up in the camera:





Here is Edith, all gorgeous in the yummy light we had! :) I LOVED her hairpiece... actually, I loved ALL of the girls' hairpieces. Vintage hairpieces with feathers, lace, and the like are all the rage in the fashion scene at the moment I'm so glad they took on my advice and brought some along! :D


Meet Grace :)


And here is Jo!







Here is Jenny (on the left), and Lucy (on the right) who showed us this gorgeous place :)



The girls opted to do their make up on the day (which I LOVE!! Make up done right just brings out everything that is already beautiful about a girl's face! And just looks awesome in photos!!). The make up was done by the fabulous Lauren Leffler, who I think did an AWESOME job on the girls. 




















I believe EVERY girl deserves to have a beautiful photo of themselves. 












This is why Autumn is my favourite season of the year... the light gets softer, and the colours that start to come out are just stunning. 




One last one for the two sisters :) I hope I get a cool shot with my sister one day!!


Thank you so much girls for a fabulous afternoon! It was perfect and I had the BEST time :D I hope these images made you smile as much as they made me smile :)

29 comments:

oneshotbeyond said...

beautiful, sharp & fun! Love this friendship series. What lens were you working with?

jazzmint said...

love all the shots...and the colours are so yummy

Joanna said...

*Squeeeee*

the light is just "FANTABULOUS" ! and the autumn colours, hehe, way awesome... !!

THANK YOU THANK YOU Jen!!! What a treat for this morning, haha. You've captured everything beautifully in true JSP style! The girls look amazing! esp. Edith. wow.

trish said...

WOWEEE! These are incredibly guys - all the elements came together perfectly!! Good work everybody!

Linda Truong said...

I am absolutely loving the warm golden colours, the location, the use of light, the friendship between the three ladies... So sharp. So good... Great work Jenny.

Naomi Dear said...

AWESOME

Lauren: Tiger Lily Photography said...

these images are just gorgeous. the light and colours are amazing. and the location looks awesome. well done!

Tammy said...

The colour is amazing jenny!!! Where was this?? There's a few favourites, portraits of 'Edith' & 'Grace' where the leaves are just Wow!

Anonymous said...

one shot beyond, i don't think it really matters what lense was used to take these photos...

with good friends, lights and a relatively decent set-up, i'm sure u can take photos like that.

but if you REALLY REALLY need to know, i'm assuming MOST of it were taken with her 50 1.2

iansalang said...

Just Spectacular! They're all so VIVID! I love the color and backlight! How do you do it???

Lauren Leffler said...

Wow, these turned out great!

It was a pleasure doing makeup on the girls (:

Thankyou again for the opportunity Jenny !!!

joshua k said...

Nice! Nice! Nice! Perfect shots!!

Benjamin said...

amazing colors..i hear 1 of them calling for me... whee~

Grace said...

I love all the backlight shots. Beautiful colours, I hope to shoot in such beautiful weather too one day! (with lotsa different seasons!)

Anonymous said...

wow, gorgeous photos. girls you are so lucky. perfect JSP style.
thanks jenny. :D
{lkw}

Deyla Huss said...

SWeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet! theses images are rockin girl! love the gorgeous lighting! I LOVE this type of sunlight, Gorgeous just gorgeous Jenny!!

ELisa said...

I absolutely adore these images Jenny! Amazing light and color...not to mention the beautiful women! Do you use any type of fill for your backlit images???

SC001 said...

The shots are amazingly beautiful! I absolutely love the colors, lightings and place!! Love it! Love it! and the girls are gorgeous too!!!

astherlauphotography said...

Gosh... u totally outdid it once again! I heart it ALL! Lovely location, delicious lights, beautiful models & awesome skills!

nattnee said...

the autumn colours are just beautiful..the falling leaves are really cute!

teohsueng said...

The colors are just awesome!! I can't wait for autumn to be here...

eric said...

guess it doesn't hurt to say it just one more time... awesome colours!! love it!!

Jonathan Dear said...

Oh Jenny! These photos are simply STUNNING!!! I love love love the colours and your as usual perfect use of DOF! *sits humbly at your feet :P*

Tonya Peterson said...

Wow! Your back lighting is amazing! Right up there with J* & Jessica Claire!!! These colors are awesome! Great session

Tonya Peterson said...

So I came back to your blog to show my husband and I kept thinking, man those fall colors are amazing! She must be 6 months behind on blogging! It took me a while before I remembered you were in the Southern Hemisphere! I am not sure why it took me so long! My brother lived in Australia for 2 years and I have been there as well! I am such a space cadet!

Fiona said...

Love the colors of fall! Awesome shots!!!

Miu Miu said...

wah.. great job!! Love all the pic !!

JLa said...

Gorgeous work. Just beautiful

Mei Teng said...

The use of the backdrop with autumn leaves is simply amazing. Love all the shots!