Weddings Engagements Portraits Events Personal News Other Photography Photography Stuff Design Stuff Randoms!
My Website JSP Faqs World sunrise/ sunset times Time Zone converter World Clock Day/ Night world map




A big hi and hello to all of you out there! Thank you for stopping by Jenny Sun Photography's blog! This is my brand new blog space! So please make yourself at home, and have a good browse around. There is plenty more to come so check back often :) Just in case any of you are wondering who on earth I am, my name is Jenny Sun. I own a photography company that spans across Australia and Malaysia, particularly in the Sydney and Kuala Lumpur regions respectively. Though I'm not restricted to those areas! :) I love photographing just about anything under the sun, but my particular passion is for weddings and portraits - I seriously LOVE people, their stories, the beautiful relationships formed, and the tales that are told when that shutter goes off!

This blog is my personal and visual journey along this path of photography. Please hop on board the ride, comment along the way (I shamelessly love comments!), and lets see where the wind takes us :)




Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Jane and Rob: Wedding


As I opened the brown glassed doors, there stood a tall slender lady, with sun kissed blonde curls, and the most sparkly smile... The kind of smile that radiated an abundance of sprightly enthusiasm and a warm gentle down-to-earth spirit. The man that was sitting by her side laughed deeply as the three of us chatted, and I knew it was a perfect fit. You know, it's going to be a fabulous experience witnessing and documenting a love, when you sit down and talk as if we were already friends.

I think that's how Jane and Rob make everyone feel. Like you are an old friend. From the moment we walked into the house as the big day began, Linda and I were embraced with beaming smiles, excited laughter, and real warmth. And as I was snapping away, I was reminded why I love weddings... people and families like Rob and Jane's make you hug your images, and then want to love them some more because of how real everything about them is. Everything and everyone felt so genuine. From the hugs, to the kisses, to the hands waving at you to come see something. You really felt like a welcomed piece of their special day.

Thank you so much for the incredible honor to document your love on such a momentous occasion Jane and Rob! Even after all these years, to me, you still laugh, hug, and love like a newly blossomed couple. And that makes my heart smile.

Here are my favourites from their wedding. The sky thickened with twirls of grey, and was enveloped in the cool hues of a storm-pending expanse... but the joy was apparent, and sweet, and to a photographer like myself, these kind of emotions are more special than the prettiest light or the most gorgeous scene nature can throw at me. And if I had to choose, I'll take the former... anyday :)













These looked yummy. Even I wanted some! No drinking on the job though! :)


A final toast before going off to say the vows.




here comes the bride!!


The boys anxiously waiting...




I love garden weddings!! There's nothing better than getting right into the beauty of nature and saying your i do's there. Jane and Rob got married at Carisbrook Historic House - and it was so pretty!! Beautiful touch of vintage and green all rolled into one :)





Married!!


I LOVE Jane's laugh. Its kind of infectious when you are around her! :)




Some quick portraits by the Lane Cove creek before heading off to the reception.












Pretty details!! :) It was a blast from the past when I got to the reception, because Jane and Rob celebrated their wedding at Mandalay Reception House, which is where Ju and I had our wedding! It was so lovely to be greeted by the manager who still remembered who I was!! Now THAT is great service!!



The speeches were HILARIOUS!!! I know I always say that about speeches, but these were really really funny. Laughing-til-your-tummy-hurts funny :)


Some of the guests even had to wipe their eyes from the tears :)


Cheers!




And as always, my favourite part of the night - the bridal waltz :)




Followed by some awesome partying!!!




Congrats to the Mr and Mrs!!


And for more images, watch the slideshow here:


Thank you to Linda for your awesome hard work on this wedding with me!!! :D

And for those wondering, and have been asking - where are all the malaysian wedding posts?!?! Don't worry!! BREATHE :) hehe...We've shot a WHOLE LOT OF THEM! :) Promise! :) In between travelling, sleeping 3 or 4 hours a night, editing, and running a business, blogging about every shoot has taken a little bit of a back burner, but trust me, we are working on putting them up here for your viewing pleasure :)


9 comments:

Linda Truong said...

Thank you for allowing me to be part of this wonderful occassion. I loved meeting Rob and Jane's family... They were very welcoming! I love the photograph of them on the jetty! :D :D :D

ohana photographers-david and kimi said...

gorgeous all around!

seowching said...

cant wait to see more ^^

geminie said...

Hey Jenny.. amazing photos! I was just wondering what you used to light the reception/partying photos... :)

Lauren: Tiger Lily Photography said...

Just gorgeous, Jenny!

Jane & Rob said...

Thank you again Jenny & Linda! You were both wonderful. We absolutely love this blog - can we have it in our wedding album?!?! BTW - did you realise you posted this on my (Jane's) bday? Wonderful pressie :o)

astherlauphotography said...

Ahhhh!!! Another gorgeous cake! Love this series, girls!

Last Forty Percent said...

Beautiful photos!
- Bri

Mark Brooke Photographers said...

Rad location! Love the shot on the dock!