Weddings Engagements Portraits Events Personal News Other Photography Photography Stuff Design Stuff Randoms!
My Website JSP Faqs World sunrise/ sunset times Time Zone converter World Clock Day/ Night world map




A big hi and hello to all of you out there! Thank you for stopping by Jenny Sun Photography's blog! This is my brand new blog space! So please make yourself at home, and have a good browse around. There is plenty more to come so check back often :) Just in case any of you are wondering who on earth I am, my name is Jenny Sun. I own a photography company that spans across Australia and Malaysia, particularly in the Sydney and Kuala Lumpur regions respectively. Though I'm not restricted to those areas! :) I love photographing just about anything under the sun, but my particular passion is for weddings and portraits - I seriously LOVE people, their stories, the beautiful relationships formed, and the tales that are told when that shutter goes off!

This blog is my personal and visual journey along this path of photography. Please hop on board the ride, comment along the way (I shamelessly love comments!), and lets see where the wind takes us :)




Monday, January 19, 2009

Samantha and Ben: Phuket Destination Wedding


The sun beat is heavy sticky rays down, and spread across everything that met its path with a thick caramel golden aura. The red on the temperature gauge was bobbling much higher than comfort would allow, and the fans were flickering madly away in arduous effort to repel the obese heat. However, even the ridiculous heat couldn't keep the bubbly spirits down. They floated about the atmosphere like a welcomed breath of chill laced wind in a smothering swelter.

Samantha and Ben flew in all the way from Texas, USA to be married on the beautiful island of Phuket, Thailand. This excites me, because I will be totally candid and admit here that I have a great love for the USA. I can't pinpoint why, or explain the reasoning behind it. It's a complete mystery to me, but the country, and in particular certain cities within it really... and I mean, REALLY fascinate me. So to those who are in the states reading this blog, know that i LOVE hearing from you :) Especially if you are photographers! :)

Now, those that know Ben and Samantha know that they are a perfect case of opposites attracting. She is the exuberant bubble of joy, energy, and a sparkling sweetness. Ben on the other hand is of the quieter, thoughtful, and shy type. And as it is with opposites attracting, there is always a mystery as to why or what sparks the light of each other's heart, to pull them together. In my hidden rose coloured glassed heart, my belief is that opposites intrinsically complement. They are like the other half of each other's jigsaw puzzle. What one lacks, the other possesses. Where one is weak, the other is strong. Where one flaws, the other excels. My belief is that we often find ourselves drawn to others who are radically different to us, because they challenge us. They grow us. They refine us, and throughout all the times that are up, and the times that they drive us completely crazy, we are better at the end of it. We are ripened because of it.

So, under the honey coloured sunset of Phuket, amidst tears and an abundance of laughter, Sam and Ben vowed in front of their closest family and friend to love each other. To walk with each other. To ripen each other.

Thank you for the beautiful opportunity to document your wedding Ben and Samantha! It was gorgeous to witness. Not just because of the stunning place you chose to commit the rest of your lives to one another, but because of the evident love you share not only for each other but for all those around you that day. You were warm, caring, and so relaxed, it was just a blast! We hope you take some time and enjoy married life now that the crazy travelling has ended for now :) And I can't wait to show you the rest of your photos.

Here are my favourites from your day:








Sam gave her friends presents as a thank you for being there. These were the post present moment :)




Ju took the following shots of the rest of the family getting ready.




When I said Sam is sweet, I really meant it. She not only got all her friends and family presents, but she gave something really special to her groom as well.


And his reaction :)






This was what was present at the ceremony/reception location :)




Here comes the bride!














The bride and groom exchanged really heartfelt, self written vows.


This shot was captured by Ju :D




Married!




Here's the sunset that greeted us at the end of the day.


Then it was dinner/party time :) You could tell the guests were really enjoying themselves.


And speech time was really emotional for all.






The bridal waltz :) My favourite time of the night.


Just a tid bit for you photographers out there. I didn't have my 1.2 for most of the night. So I shot with my 50 1.8 for alot of the shots. This was my favourite one that came out of the camera from that lens that night. Sometimes, you don't always need big lenses :)


Father daughter dance.


And the thai tradition of lighting lanterns and letting them fly off to the sky....




Then a few quick day-after portraits of the bride and groom. I love day after sessions. There isn't the rush or the nerves present before the wedding or on the wedding day. Highly recommend it for those on a tight schedule, or simply just want something much more relaxed and laid back :) It's the best!!


















Oh and not forgetting a ring shot :)


Enjoy the slideshow below for tonnes more pics, and a listen of my favourite artist/song at present :)



Thank you so much to my husband, Ju, who shot this wedding with me. I don't think I could have done it physically, or mentally as well without you being there :)

14 comments:

Nicholas Leong said...

Ahh what a lovely view :) Must have been surreal to shoot at such a location :)

Great shots as usual, felt all the emotions pouring through.

Linda Truong said...

Amazing work as usual Jen! :D Emotion just oozes out of the photographs.. Awesome location... Awesome people... Awesome photographer ;)

ju said...

no prob...glad to have been able to help shoot...

Lydia said...

What a beautiful location! And what a beautiful, beautiful couple. Love the shots, Jenny!

Melissa Koehler said...

Stunning as always. You fascinating with the US is the same one I have with Australia. I am determined to visit someday, soon :)

trish said...

yay! Gorgeous wedding Jen and Ju, beautiful setting and such elation captured :)

joshua k said...

Gorgeous!! Hey Ju, you are another good photographer too :)

Events by Evonne, LLC said...

Aloha... from Maui! :) What a beautiful location... was that a private estate? What is the name of it?

Sam said...

Hi Jenny! Ben and I want to thank you and Ju for shooting our wedding! We've received so many lovely comments about the pictures, I'm so not kidding! :) Can't wait to see the rest!!

ju said...

glad to have been able to help :)
it's easy to shoot when there's lovely ppl, settings, and a great main photog to work with :)

the photog team is only as good as our clients :)

Grace Tan said...

Wow such beautiful images. Your work is truly inspiring, Jenny!

Naomi Dear said...

Good Grief! What an amazing locagion and absolutely gorgeous photography! Well done Ju & Jenny - your bride & groom will be absolutely stoked I'm sure.

Navy Sou said...

GOODNESS...your work is AMAZINGLY BEAUTIFUL!!!! Reminds me of Jasmine Star's work of art!

DJ Phuket said...

Great pictures and a lovely wedding venue.