Weddings Engagements Portraits Events Personal News Other Photography Photography Stuff Design Stuff Randoms!
My Website JSP Faqs World sunrise/ sunset times Time Zone converter World Clock Day/ Night world map




A big hi and hello to all of you out there! Thank you for stopping by Jenny Sun Photography's blog! This is my brand new blog space! So please make yourself at home, and have a good browse around. There is plenty more to come so check back often :) Just in case any of you are wondering who on earth I am, my name is Jenny Sun. I own a photography company that spans across Australia and Malaysia, particularly in the Sydney and Kuala Lumpur regions respectively. Though I'm not restricted to those areas! :) I love photographing just about anything under the sun, but my particular passion is for weddings and portraits - I seriously LOVE people, their stories, the beautiful relationships formed, and the tales that are told when that shutter goes off!

This blog is my personal and visual journey along this path of photography. Please hop on board the ride, comment along the way (I shamelessly love comments!), and lets see where the wind takes us :)




Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Media


I have to admit, amidst all the chitter chatter I can normally exhale, I'm embarrassingly shy. No, really. I think I use my rambling and incessant talking (Oh! and did I mention rambling??) as a form to hide the fact that I'm not as cool as I hope to be! :p So sometimes, if you see me talking on and on and on and on...it just means that I am nervous. Just human. Just like the rest of you. Which is why I find it sooooo amusing and really strange when I've met people and they offer such warm words of encouragement in person. You know... like praise? compliments? I mean, who am I? to deserve YOUR praise?! I could think of a million better and more deserving people... like your friends. Your husbands. Your wives. Your parents.

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE it :) But the social geek in me freezes, and I don't know what to say or do because you see I love humility in all its forms. I love people who are grounded, who are down to earth, and who are just real. Nothing turns me off more (other than bad smells!!) than someone who reckons they are all that. And if I end up even remotely resembling arrogant, I could just die. I'd be so ashamed! We are not perfect as photographers, we never will be, and we will always have things to learn from those around us. So its safe to say, I twinkle and dance on my toes when there is encouragement of a more subtle and distant kind.

You see recently, I've been incredibly humbled and flattered when The Star and Tatler decided to write about my work and who I am as a photographer (along with the other cool members of the Signature Photographers!). There is just something magical about seeing one's name in the printed form, especially when it is out there for all to see. I promise I am not being proud, just giddily excited....So yes, I will admit I'm a total dork! I know I am. Because I still twinkle and dance on my toes when I see my name in print. My coolness can be measured by a 6 year old who can't count. It's that lame :p

Here are the different articles. Sorry the Tatler one isn't the complete thing. It was 14 pages long and I just couldn't afford the time to scan it all in :) So if you want to see all the photos, you'll just have to run out to get a copy! Or at least sit in a starbucks to see it :)

Click on each image below to see the full sized version!



The Star:





Tatler:


8 comments:

nattnee said...

congrats jenny =) it's an awesome achievement!

Anna said...

Reckon you deserve all these compliments Jenny! Your work is amazing!

And I saw the article in Tatler recently, love that shot of you in there. Congrats again! :D

aaron fong said...

Wow...finally its up..congrats Jen..Wish i can read all the 14-pages of the tatler..where can i get a copy of tatler here in melb??So proud to have known a famous friend/photographer.

Joanne said...

Congrats Jenny, richly deserved =) Now i know someone famous from high school =P

joshua k said...

Congrats Jenny :)

Nicholas Leong said...

Congrats! :) You deserve it :)

|| davidjay || said...

Incredible Article! What a gift you are. Not only the message but then I just saw your twitter feed too.

...stunning photography as well.

Joanna said...

congrats jen! you definitely deserve it ;)