Weddings Engagements Portraits Events Personal News Other Photography Photography Stuff Design Stuff Randoms!
My Website JSP Faqs World sunrise/ sunset times Time Zone converter World Clock Day/ Night world map




A big hi and hello to all of you out there! Thank you for stopping by Jenny Sun Photography's blog! This is my brand new blog space! So please make yourself at home, and have a good browse around. There is plenty more to come so check back often :) Just in case any of you are wondering who on earth I am, my name is Jenny Sun. I own a photography company that spans across Australia and Malaysia, particularly in the Sydney and Kuala Lumpur regions respectively. Though I'm not restricted to those areas! :) I love photographing just about anything under the sun, but my particular passion is for weddings and portraits - I seriously LOVE people, their stories, the beautiful relationships formed, and the tales that are told when that shutter goes off!

This blog is my personal and visual journey along this path of photography. Please hop on board the ride, comment along the way (I shamelessly love comments!), and lets see where the wind takes us :)




Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Thank You 2008


I know this seems incredibly strange to write this now, considering we are already 3 weeks into the new year. But only now, I have had a brief moment to reflect of late, over how incredible 2008 has been. On a professional front, we tripled what we booked in 2007, and its looking even stronger for 2009. Launched a new website and blog. Met some really awesome people in the industry. Got published a few times. And won a few things in between :) And on a personal front, I got married after 8 years of courtship. That was huge enough on its own.

2008 really was astonishing in so many forms and levels, I can't even begin to verbalize it in a way that does it justice. I know alot of it however, has been because God is incredibly gracious. I always tell people that I find it strange at how fast things have spun this way, because strangely enough I still feel totally undeserving of all of it. I mean, who am I right? I am thankful though. Very very much so. Especially for all the clients He has sent my way. I have become a better and wiser photographer because of each and everyone of you. I wouldn't even have the pictures you see on my site today, without you.

So this post is dedicated to you. My 2008 brides and grooms! :D There are some weddings that I haven't put up yet, which were shot in the latter part of 2008, but I will blog about you soon so don't fret if your picture isn't up here today :) In the next day or two, I will be compiling a slideshow for all the weddings and engagements I never got to blog...it wasn't because you aren't important. But because of my insanely crazy schedule and travel patterns (and also wanting to keep material as fresh as possible on this blog), I didn't always have the time I wanted to dedicate to you properly. So the slideshow is for all of you :) Know that I love you all just as much! So stay tuned for that :)



Here are my fabulous 2008 brides and grooms
(well, most of them! :p The rest you will see soon!)



























































haha, Tania, I don't know why, but I will always consider you as part of my 2008 lot. I know that seems strange since your wedding was so near NYE, but I have my reasons. Forgive me for my illogical brain, but you and Ken were the start of so many good things :)


My last thank you is to Ju. He puts up with so much from me, it should be considered illegal as a wife. No joke! I know if the roles were reveresed, I would be running around the place like a mad woman, tearing my hair out. He has stood by all the incredible highs, and the very lows of 2008, and he has made my business possible in many ways that all of you cannot see, but know that without him, its like me shooting without my heart or my eyes. The photos become souless. I will try to be a better wife for you this year. Try :)

15 comments:

Linda Truong said...

You have been an inspiration to me this year! And I thank God STAXXXXXXXXX for putting you in my path :D Your work is awesome (and I really mean that). And I love the fact that you always point us back to Christ. Praise God for 2008. And I hope that 2009 will be another year where you are able to document this awesome time in many individuals lives with utmost integrity.

Keep on living for Jesus! ^_^ WOOO!!

TigerlilyBorneo said...

Congratulations, Jenny! I've been following your work and really admire...no let me rephrase that...TRULY admire your amazing works!

I'm new to the world of photography and still have a lot to learn. And looking at your works inspire me so much!

I wish you ALL the best in the new year (CNY coming) so that wish is still very valid :-)

joshua k said...

Yes! Keep on living And loving for Jesus Christ, Amen! :)

SK said...

Some fantastic wedding photos. Especially love the one @ the toilets. :) Classic!

astherlauphotography said...

Awwwwww... so sweet!

nattnee said...

Congratulations on all your wonderful achievements last year Jen. I'm sure this year will be fabulous! =)

Anna said...

Keep up the awesome work Jenny!

It's absolutely inspiring to see the stuff that you churn out and I reckon that it's awesome that you've got Ju by your side throughout your journey :)

See ya soon!

Nicholas Leong said...

Have a good 2009 :) I am sure it will be "awesomer" :P

eric said...

kudos! wishing you a blessed year... not just as a photographer, but as u mentioned - on a personal front as well - as an individual, wife, daughter, sister, etc ;)

Naomi Dear said...

Congrats. You should be very very proud. p.s I think all photographers marriages are a bit mental (ours is!), I think it goes with the territory or art or something!

Becky said...

So beautiful, I love the crisp images you make! The energy you create is awesome! Happy Chinese New year to you too!

tania said...

haha... wasn't expecting to see me here! looks like you had a great 2008, you are fantastic!

Jonathan Dear said...

Err!! Your too good JS! I want to hang my camera up looking at these beautiful images! You'll have to show me a thing or 2 in March :)

Alicia Chong said...

You've taken amazing photos of us. Thanks once again. Love Gwen & May Yee's shots also! Have a great 2009!

浩川 ----- mark Tan said...

picture is so sharp and full of expression !!! love it !! mind to tell what camera model u r using ?? =)