Weddings Engagements Portraits Events Personal News Other Photography Photography Stuff Design Stuff Randoms!
My Website JSP Faqs World sunrise/ sunset times Time Zone converter World Clock Day/ Night world map




A big hi and hello to all of you out there! Thank you for stopping by Jenny Sun Photography's blog! This is my brand new blog space! So please make yourself at home, and have a good browse around. There is plenty more to come so check back often :) Just in case any of you are wondering who on earth I am, my name is Jenny Sun. I own a photography company that spans across Australia and Malaysia, particularly in the Sydney and Kuala Lumpur regions respectively. Though I'm not restricted to those areas! :) I love photographing just about anything under the sun, but my particular passion is for weddings and portraits - I seriously LOVE people, their stories, the beautiful relationships formed, and the tales that are told when that shutter goes off!

This blog is my personal and visual journey along this path of photography. Please hop on board the ride, comment along the way (I shamelessly love comments!), and lets see where the wind takes us :)




Monday, January 12, 2009

Christina and Julian: Engagement


There is apparently a proverbial myth that has been said of a certain kind of encounter at weddings. You know, the kind that involves meeting potential courtship prospects at these events that revolve around nuptial unions. Of course, myself, while a hardcore closet romantic at heart, a side of me that tends to protect myself from hurt and all the disappointment that life and love can often bring lets Mr Realistic take the reigns over my brain and how much I will actually allow myself to believe.

So while I adore and love the idea of love at first sight, or meeting that 'perfect soulmate', or stumbling into that 'one special someone' at a used bookstore in New York, or especially falling in love with someone you meet at a wedding. My head screams no. No WAY. But then there are days where you meet couples like Christina and Julian. And they prove that sometimes amidst all the weeds that overgrow in all the imaginative love-centered stories that circulate our world nowadays, Some actually ring true. Christina and Julian, whist they did not first meet at a wedding, they certainly caught each other's attention at one. In fact, the wedding they first lit sparks was my very first Malaysian wedding all the way back in 2007 (okay, so thats not that long ago, but hey! It's my blog! :p) so to see these two again, and this time as life long partners was such a delight!

When asked of her first impression of Julian, Christina with a grin smiled and said something along the lines of arrogant and annoying? I told her, and I tell all of you, that I think the best ones start off like that ;) Please feel free to refute :)

Anyhow, while I shot their wedding just this past Saturday. I did their engagement a couple of months back, and here are my favourite images from their session! Which included their entire bridal party entourage - minus one who joined us in the last 5 mins. You know who you are! hahaha :)

To those who have commented and said my pictures only have that golden glow and look nice because I shoot in Australia - these following images (shot in KL, Malaysia) are just my way of saying that's completely and utterly untrue :) (the 6 year old inside of me that refuses to mature loves to prove people wrong hehe :p) If God smiles upon us that day, and you take my advice on when during the day we do our shoot, here's what you can get!




I did NOT orchestrate this shot. This is them 'hanging out' and 'goofing around' :)




I just ADORE the next two shots. They were my favourite in the whole session! Plus, I had fun trying out a new way of editing my pictures. Mmmm :D




Gorrrgeous! Christina thinks its all makeup, but I somehow don't think its entirely true ;)


Woohoo, here is that new editing style again. I like! :p


Hanging with the girls!


I love this group shot. Its been something I've been wanting to try for months and months, and finally found the right group size, and location for it!


We do this alot, but I just love Christina's expression. It's always so fun!


Moody loveliness :)








Lastly, a shot on the beach before the weather got way too hot for comfort :)


Thanks Christina and Julian, and the rest of your bridal party! We had a very fun morning! :)

To the rest of you, we have had an enormous amount of emails come in during our holiday closure. Since being back in the office this monday morning, I am attempting to start tackling this email mountain. I intend to conquer it as soon as possible, so hang tight and be patient ok!! :)

Have a beautiful monday!

9 comments:

Linda Truong said...

Hey Jen, love the new shots... What's a word to describe the new "style".. It's... Platnium'ish? I love it! SHOW ME SOME MORE.. My eyes are wanting a feasting!! ^_^

Wendell D. Gingging said...

Hi Jenny,

Beautiful photos! The colors are so crisp! Keep up ur great work!

astherlauphotography said...

DELICIOUS!

nattnee said...

hey jen...that couch is gorgeous...i love group shot...very nice =)

Anna said...

Awesome shots :D Love the group ones too!

And yes, KL PAC is such a great place to shoot at. T'was for Alia and Johan right? Can't wait to see their pics too!

Catch up with you soon :D

Nicholas Leong said...

Why wouldn't Malaysia have glow? The sun is everywhere! :P

Thats just ridiculous whoever that said it :)

Jenny Sun said...

@ Nicohlas: It's a different kind of light due to the mass of pollution and smog. We have sun, but not always necessarily golden glow :) That's why I said, God has to smile upon us that day! :D

char said...

hey jen! really gorgeous set of photos :)

Becky said...

I love the one where he is spinning her! What a great natural smile. Beautiful photos all around!