Weddings Engagements Portraits Events Personal News Other Photography Photography Stuff Design Stuff Randoms!
My Website JSP Faqs World sunrise/ sunset times Time Zone converter World Clock Day/ Night world map




A big hi and hello to all of you out there! Thank you for stopping by Jenny Sun Photography's blog! This is my brand new blog space! So please make yourself at home, and have a good browse around. There is plenty more to come so check back often :) Just in case any of you are wondering who on earth I am, my name is Jenny Sun. I own a photography company that spans across Australia and Malaysia, particularly in the Sydney and Kuala Lumpur regions respectively. Though I'm not restricted to those areas! :) I love photographing just about anything under the sun, but my particular passion is for weddings and portraits - I seriously LOVE people, their stories, the beautiful relationships formed, and the tales that are told when that shutter goes off!

This blog is my personal and visual journey along this path of photography. Please hop on board the ride, comment along the way (I shamelessly love comments!), and lets see where the wind takes us :)




Thursday, January 8, 2009

Fievel and Claudia: Wedding


Love is a splendidly beautiful thing. I am constantly, over and over, fascinated, amazed, and intrigued by how differently it manifests out with each couple I cross paths with. Some are quirky and shy. Others are unabashedly affectionate and romantic. There are those who resonate out an aura of maturity beyond their young years. Then there are others whose united persona shout out such sweetness and kindness, it floors you just to be allowed witness of it. I could go on...and on.

For Fievel and Claudia, their love seemed to possess all the qualities above, and more. It was a love myself and Vincy felt to be a privilege to be a part of for just a day. Not just because it was so multi-faceted. But more so, because it was a love that seemed to care deeply for the other person more than themselves, and then not just trickled but overflowed to all those around them. It really is such a beautiful thing to watch. You only need to be there to understand what I mean. This other-person centered love is my favourite kind. Its selfless, and so endearing. It moves you, it inspires you, and you leave wanting to love those dear to you the same way.

So, on a blistering hot summer day, where the Sun blazed its piercing rays across the land below, Fievel and Claudia were united as one before God, friends and family. A multitude of laughter bubbled across the crowd, tears were shed, and I have no doubt that many left inspired and encouraged to love, the way I was.

Thank you Fievel and Claudia for letting me be part of your big day. I only have the sweetest and fondest memories of you both. You were so kind and treated myself & vincy not just as vendors but as people to share in your big day. We had lots of fun, and are praying that God will continue to abundantly bless your union for the rest of your days. Thank you for rocking out my 'default' pose! haha ;)

Here are my favourite snaps from their wedding!






The girls making sure Claudia is ready. I loved how they were getting ready in a bright white room. It made all the photos look sooooo good! :) Remember brides, rooms with white walls and big open windows are a photographer's dream!! :D


Fievel and Claudia were married at All Saints Anglican Church, Parramatta. I can't say just how much I love shooting at this church. Its beautiful, and its always bright which is perfect for photos of the ceremony. I love it!














Fievel and Claudia chose the Rocks for their shoot. However, instead of the typical places in the Rocks, we went around to some of the slightly more unknown areas to get something a little different for this pair :)








Then just some quick snaps at Observatory Hill under the canopy of trees, and the warm speckled light of the afternoon that was descending upon us.


Here are some of my other fave portraits of the bride and groom from the day :)








Just a little touch of vintage.


Followed by a tea ceremony, which was simple and full of laughter.






Fievel and Claudia's reception was held at Curzon Hall. I LOVE the old grandeur of this place. Did I ever mention that I almost chose this place for my wedding reception? ;)


This has gotta be hands down one of my favourite cake shots of 08. I just love the light... mmm :D





Speeches are always gold for bursts of laughter and emotion :)


There was a comment made about Fievel's muscles during the evening, and here he is trying his best to prove he has the strength :p


Fievel's speech, followed by his song was a really touching moment during the evening. He sang, I Will Be Here By Steven Curtis Chapman. Now if I hadn't used that song for another couple previously, I would have definitely used it for their slideshow as it is such a great song!




Claudia's reaction.






Then comes my favourite part of any reception. The bridal waltz. I don't care if the bride or groom have a fully choreographed dance, or are just simply shuffling to the music - its a beautiful beautiful moment.






Partying til the night ended :)




And last but not least, the slideshow! There's about 3 times as many images in it, so enjoy! :)



ps: I am totally going to admit here that I am, and will be blogging all my shoots from the last 4 months completely out of order! I hope you all don't mind, but it is whatever I so fancy at this point! haha ;)

9 comments:

Nicholas Leong said...

Excellent photos as usual :)

Linda Truong said...

I AM LOVING THE NEW LOCATION ;)

:D :D :D

Excellent coverage, my dear!!

WOOO! Love it!!!

aaron fong said...

good coverage as usual..i particularly like the group shot!..unique and creative!!!...thumbs up, Jen!

tiramysu said...

really really pretty photos jenny!
can't wait till ours in may. fingers crossed that the weather will be better this time around.
take care!

jazzmint said...

love the photos as usual :) and yes, u gotta blog faster LOL...

seowching said...

always enjoy 'reading' ur photos :)

astherlauphotography said...

Yummy orange wall!

jess said...

i cant seem to hear the background music of the clip. is there any?

Jenny Sun said...

@jess: the music loads perfectly on my side :) It might be the connection. What I love to recommend to viewers is to press the play button. Then when the loading bar starts to load, press pause. When the progress bar has fully loaded - press play again. That way you can enjoy the slideshow without any glitches :) Hope that helps!