Weddings Engagements Portraits Events Personal News Other Photography Photography Stuff Design Stuff Randoms!
My Website JSP Faqs World sunrise/ sunset times Time Zone converter World Clock Day/ Night world map




A big hi and hello to all of you out there! Thank you for stopping by Jenny Sun Photography's blog! This is my brand new blog space! So please make yourself at home, and have a good browse around. There is plenty more to come so check back often :) Just in case any of you are wondering who on earth I am, my name is Jenny Sun. I own a photography company that spans across Australia and Malaysia, particularly in the Sydney and Kuala Lumpur regions respectively. Though I'm not restricted to those areas! :) I love photographing just about anything under the sun, but my particular passion is for weddings and portraits - I seriously LOVE people, their stories, the beautiful relationships formed, and the tales that are told when that shutter goes off!

This blog is my personal and visual journey along this path of photography. Please hop on board the ride, comment along the way (I shamelessly love comments!), and lets see where the wind takes us :)




Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Random Wednesday


As much as I wanted to write a full post of something today, my head is full and littered with random nothings :P And I really wanted 2010 to be a year where I embraced personal posts again, so I can share with you parts of my lives that make up who I am...photography is a huge part, but it is just one slice of the whole apple that makes me, me.

If you have been following my blog for awhile, you will know that two other huge areas of my life are music and writing. You will have probably seen slivers of my writing through the posts that are published here, but I honestly really love creative writing - especially through song lyrics and poetry. I've shared one poem I've written before here, but here is a song lyric I penned down sometime in my past. I'm still waiting to add a melody to it :)


What About Us?

::Verse 1::
I look at the world around me
Laughter and smiles, Happy faces
A stranger floating along
I feel so wasted
Like I don't belong

::Verse 2::
Its been painted in my eyes
The fading broken soul
Of our once fairytale
No-one seems to see
That I'm waiting and...

Wanting you to save me...

::Chorus::
So what if I fall?
What about us?
Are you saying we've had enough?
Don't let death be our fate
Make me believe
You were worth the wait
Cos It seems like everyone's in love
Everyone but us

::Verse 3::
Its hard not to wish for the same
glow that lovers around me have
(Cos) I tasted it in the past
With you is it naive
To believe love can last?

I miss the way it was...

::Chorus::
So what if I fall?
What about us?
Are you saying we've had enough?
Don't let death be our fate
Make me believe
You were worth the wait
Cos It seems like everyone's in love
Everyone but us

::Bridge::
Don't let us slip away
Please hold me and make everything okay
Cos we're breaking at the seams
This isn't how its meant to be~~~~~

::Chorus::
So what if I fall?
What about us?
Are you saying we've had enough?
Don't let death be our fate
Make me believe
You were worth the wait
Cos It seems like everyone's in love
Everyone but us
Everyone but us

© Jenny Sun 2006


And then music, the other big bloodline in my life. It is honestly something I wish I had more time carved in my life for.... time to grow it, create it, and nurture it. For now, I'm happy to just sing in my spare time and continue to learn from my talented vocal teacher :) Anyhow, I was going through some old stuff recently, and found this track I had recorded in 2004 when I had first begun singing.... it's a song I absolutely adore by Sophie Zelmani, called I'll Remember You. I love how in its sheer simplicity, this song can convey so much passion and emotion in its haunting tones. Anyhow, feel free to take a listen to my cover of it - the sound quality is not so great due to the limited equipment I had back then, but I hope it's not too bad! :) This reminds me to put down some new tracks sometime soon, as my voice has changed over the last 5 years :)

Sophie Zelmani - I'll Remember You (covered by Jenny Sun)




And to end, some announcements for all of you!:

(1) New picture post going up tomorrow from a fun engagement session I shot!
(2) The Shootsac competition winner, will be announced this friday on the blog so stay tuned for that! :) It's been SOOOOO hard picking a winner!! :)
(3) For those who are still adding my personal facebook account, do join my official Jenny Sun Photography facebook page. It has all the photography related stuff, while my personal account is boring and nothing to do with photos so I highly recommend you switch or join if you are looking for JSP updates :)



5 comments:

Wales Wong said...

Beautiful voice Jenny! you are very artistically talented =) God blessed you with talents in many different ways. love following ur blog, hope one day i'll get to meet you in person in Sydney =D

Girish said...

Jenny,

That's seriously a nice Song !!
You must set up a music score for this and release it across. Really.

Very talented person.

Dan said...

Wow! I never heard that song before but I really like it! You did a great job singing too! I'm impressed :)

Did you play the guitar too?

Rui Di said...

I din know you can sing! that's awsome...a multi talented artist! It is GOD Grace for us to glory HIM :)

youna said...

I would love to make music with you for your lyrics one day ;)