Weddings Engagements Portraits Events Personal News Other Photography Photography Stuff Design Stuff Randoms!
My Website JSP Faqs World sunrise/ sunset times Time Zone converter World Clock Day/ Night world map




A big hi and hello to all of you out there! Thank you for stopping by Jenny Sun Photography's blog! This is my brand new blog space! So please make yourself at home, and have a good browse around. There is plenty more to come so check back often :) Just in case any of you are wondering who on earth I am, my name is Jenny Sun. I own a photography company that spans across Australia and Malaysia, particularly in the Sydney and Kuala Lumpur regions respectively. Though I'm not restricted to those areas! :) I love photographing just about anything under the sun, but my particular passion is for weddings and portraits - I seriously LOVE people, their stories, the beautiful relationships formed, and the tales that are told when that shutter goes off!

This blog is my personal and visual journey along this path of photography. Please hop on board the ride, comment along the way (I shamelessly love comments!), and lets see where the wind takes us :)




Friday, April 16, 2010

Inspirations: Love is....


I am nothing special of this I am sure. I am just a common man with common thoughts. There are no monuments dedicated to me and my name will soon be forgotten. But I’ve loved another with all my heart and soul, and to me, that has always been enough. ~ Noah, The Notebook

There I was, sitting with my cherry red toes perched on the arm of our cream coloured sofa, and slowly sipping my glass of red wine that evening while I was pondering over a movie I had seen recently. You see, on nights when my mind has been stretched beyond exhaustion, I have this ritual of pulling out a favourite movie and letting it run its course. Even if I have seen it 2, 3, 10 times, my fingers will reach for the chosen disc, and happily insert it in for playing while I breathe a small sigh of relief. The other day, my sister and I randomly decided it was time again... we had laughed, cried, and hung on our chairs with biting anxiety in The Last Song (By Nicholas Sparks), and I thought it fitting to share with her, Mr Sparks' most iconic creation - The Notebook. Granted it was in movie form, but regardless, it did remind me of what I treasure most about what I do here behind the camera. That is, Love.

People have often asked, what is it that you draw your inspiration from? What moves you? What pushes you to press those buttons when you shoot? What draws you to those decisive moments? What are you thinking? And I have to say, it is love. Because really, I could be a nerd and say light - which is true in some sense (we photographers are technical to some degree), but any tech-head can read and learn to see light after awhile, but what I am really really thinking is about love. Because honestly, in my heart of hearts, I am a romantic to my core. And I'm not talking about getting flowers from my man, kind of romantic, not the big gestures of public proclamation, kind of romantic. But the romantic that sees love in simplicity.

I see love in a look. A look that says you are beautiful, even with bed hair, bad breath, and all. I see love in a laugh. A laugh that grows until your insides hurt. I see love in a kiss. A kiss that is stolen and shared when you think nobody else is looking. I see love in a reach for your hand, even when he is around his friends. Love is when he kisses your eyes to sleep, when you have been crying so hard about something that has hurt you. Love is lying on the grass one night, watching the stars, and listening to each other breathe. Love is shaking your head because you think he is being so silly, but you adore that anyway. Love is when he finishes your food, because you decided you didn't like it anymore. Love is carrying you to bed, because you are too sick to walk on your own feet anymore. Love is spending sleepless nights apart because you are so angry at each other, but really thinking how much you miss him/her instead. Love is an "I'm sorry" after an epic fight. Love is an "I forgive you" when he has done something which cut. Love is when his fingers reach for yours, as he is driving.... just because.

So you see, that is why I love the quote above from the Notebook. Love is enough. In a world and industry that is being dominated by the technical overdrive, by the intricate compositional challenges we 'should' be aspiring to, by the overly processed, I like to say 'to hell with it', strip it all away and go back to what makes a wedding photo beautiful. And that is love. In it's purity, and in it's simplicity. When I am shooting and waiting to see what to capture.... I listen. Not to what a couple says to each other, but more so what their hearts communicate. And in could be in any of the above in some form or another... or more... or less. But I am always listening. Always watching. And I let myself be inspired, and amazed, by the very essence and soul which draws two people together in the first place, and then binds them for life. I love seeing my couples that way. If I can walk away with one photo that defines love for that couple, I am happy :) My only wish is that more photographers in this world would do the same :)

I am nothing special of this I am sure. I am just a common man with common thoughts. There are no monuments dedicated to me and my name will soon be forgotten. But I’ve loved another with all my heart and soul, and to me, that has always been enough. ~ Noah, The Notebook




Have a beautiful weekend everyone! :) xox



14 comments:

andrea b said...

Well said. Enjoy your weekend!

jodiegreckphotography said...

Absolutly. Amazing, and this is truly inspirational xx

Kevin Tan said...

it's really inspiring...nice sharing jenny..i love the quote as well..it's awesome...

Clara said...

Just beautiful! My heart melts reading all the ways you describe love to be, because it's so true! Love is all we need...

Shane said...

one of my favourite romance The Notebook. I always dream of shooting the same scenes in North Carolina. :) Love is enough for you to feel and touch every heart.

V said...

oohh =D

how exciting - btw I've been stalking your site so much this week for any sneak previews!

thanks again jenny!!

Mark said...

:)

Nicholas Leong said...

:D Yep, love is enough. Enjoy your weekend.

Liz ^^, said...

That was beautiful :)
What drives you, inspires you, is really reflected in your work. I hope you get better and better (which is tough cos you're already awesome) !!! XD

Katherine said...

Thank you so much for sharing! This has really inspired and touched me!

JSP said...

awwww I am so touched, more so because I know them and that I can see that love and gentleness that is expressed through this photo and who they are as people ;)

Limobe Photographic said...

Jenny, these are fantastic, the car shots and the wide shot of bride and groom under the tree are my faves...would love to know a little about your processing style, maybe one day you will run one of the courses down here in OZ. Keep it up, Scott.

Pamelyn Tan-Corsi said...

Well written and truly it is all about love. Thank you for sharing that thought.

The tapper said...

I flipped through your page over and over again, read the same line again and again..and it still makes my heart moves. Thanks for the sharing. Jenny.