Weddings Engagements Portraits Events Personal News Other Photography Photography Stuff Design Stuff Randoms!
My Website JSP Faqs World sunrise/ sunset times Time Zone converter World Clock Day/ Night world map




A big hi and hello to all of you out there! Thank you for stopping by Jenny Sun Photography's blog! This is my brand new blog space! So please make yourself at home, and have a good browse around. There is plenty more to come so check back often :) Just in case any of you are wondering who on earth I am, my name is Jenny Sun. I own a photography company that spans across Australia and Malaysia, particularly in the Sydney and Kuala Lumpur regions respectively. Though I'm not restricted to those areas! :) I love photographing just about anything under the sun, but my particular passion is for weddings and portraits - I seriously LOVE people, their stories, the beautiful relationships formed, and the tales that are told when that shutter goes off!

This blog is my personal and visual journey along this path of photography. Please hop on board the ride, comment along the way (I shamelessly love comments!), and lets see where the wind takes us :)




Thursday, April 15, 2010

Travel Destination: Paris, Loire Valley, Europe


There is a reason why I take so long to edit all the thousands of photos that end up being taken on my camera when I travel on holidays with Ju. I like to keep them as a source of therapy when times get a little crazy, or when I need a break from the wedding cycle. Travel photos make me happy :) They bring me back to the memories attached to the times when I was wandering along those streets. Or eating at those cafes. Or just sitting by the side and watching life walk by us as we rested our weary feet. Anyhow, these photos have been meaning to go up on the blog for quite some time, and I thought I'd share some of my adventures in Paris and France with you :)

Hope you enjoy them on this lovely thursday afternoon! :D


Everyone gets the regular view of the Eiffel Tower (and yes, I did it too!), but when I walked under it, the geometry was amazing.




The baguettes in Paris were YUMMM! :D






River Seine on a pretty blue-sky day :)


The Patheon was just down the road from where we stayed in Paris :)






We stayed in the Latin Quarter, reknowned for its amazing food, markets, and pastries :)


The geometry in the architecture in Paris was really amazing. I loved looking at it for hours! :D




The Louvre from various vantage points. We went on their free sunday admission day (apparently its the first sunday of every month!) and the place was PACKED!








Arc De Triomphe.






The Eiffel Tower is so pretty at night :)


Typical paris street life :)


We made it to a service at the Notre Dame Church!


People walked, cycled and trained everywhere in Paris.


The best part of being in this part of the world around this time was that days were really long... we were getting 9 to 10pm sunsets! :D We were usually sipping red wine, at a restaurant whenever we saw the sun go down.




This shot is a complete accident :P I was trying to take a shot of the Eiffel Tower at night, and I forgot I had left the camera on a very long exposure. Trippy effect! :D


Then we headed out to the country, to visit a castle region called Loire Valley. It really was gorgeous!
















Happy Thursday everyone!!



27 comments:

beeveedee said...

Really quite nice work—a real taste of the sights there. Like your post-processing of the images too.

Clara said...

I'm in awe looking at your beautiful pictures. You really take us away to where you were on the day you took the photographs. Awesome work :) And that one of the Eiffel Tower from underneath, i love it!

alex.kruk said...

Stunning photos! You captured everything in such a great way with this special Paris' feeling. You woke up my deep buried memories of Paris! Love every single one!!

Angela Watts said...

OK, I already REALLY REALLY wanted to go to Paris, and now you're just rubbing it in!! uhgg.. beautiful!

Jessica said...

These are so great! I've really enjoyed your photography since I added your blog to my reader just a few weeks ago.

Girish said...

Beautiful travel shots !!

The light tripy effect has come out cool.

The first is real nice.


I agree these shots tend to be a those escape route when things start to take a toll on you.

Keep it up.

sue said...

Great shots Jenny. Breath-taking as always!

Bunn Salarzon said...

I love the lines in your photos. Beautifully done!

michele rivera said...

Jen - these images are amazing! Thank you for sharing your vacation photos!

Fekry - Brunei said...

i really admire ur works Jenny! Love it!

Sam Cheung said...

Thanks Jenny for bringing back my memories of France from the 1980s.

Evonne & Darren Photography said...

Ahhhh... these photos make me want to jump on the plane and go somewhere! Can I make a living by taking travel photos? That would be my dream job, seriously!

Paul Mock said...

Sweetness Jenny! Makes me wanna go!! I'm just drooling at the thought!

Looks like you were blessed with some really great weather! Great job as always! :)

Alexandra said...

These photos are extraordinary!

. s h e r r y * said...

Wow. I got goosebumps looking at these. Absolutely breathtaking. Now I *REALLY* want to visit Europe. Incredible photos of the architecture!!

Tricia said...

Amazing pics Jenny! Your composition and especially unique perspectives are brilliant. I really love this post!

Charlie said...

Wow.. I just love all the photos! France's a beautiful country.. Are all of these taken in RAW?

FeR said...

photos of Loire Valley literally took my breath and at the split second after, there was a sound of sharp breath intake. hehe! :)

Rebecca said...

So auh-mazing! I love, love, love the castle photos! The sky looks unreal. The last one is my favorite for sure. Very pretty!

Siew Ying Ooi said...

Hi, first time visiting your blog. =) The photos that you captured are simply AWESOME! Looking forward to more pictures from you.

Paola said...

Completely and utterly beautiful images, Jenny! I simply adore your travel shots and marvel at the scenery you capture each and every time. Love, love, love your work!! You exude romanticism in all your shots!

valerie said...

WOW!!!! breathtaking travel shots!! exactly like those in the postcard. love!!

Janefen said...

I Love PARIS !!

Erin said...

wow! the photos of loire valley are fantastic... it's so pretty, it's almost surreal. Good work, Jenny!

Justin said...

Wow, those pictures are amazing! I especially love the Eiffel tower from underneath, being a mathematician. haha, your work is truly great, I can't get enough of your wedding pictures.

Anonymous said...

luv ur works. It's Awesome!!!

raman said...

Good ones really enjoyed keep it up....