Weddings Engagements Portraits Events Personal News Other Photography Photography Stuff Design Stuff Randoms!
My Website JSP Faqs World sunrise/ sunset times Time Zone converter World Clock Day/ Night world map




A big hi and hello to all of you out there! Thank you for stopping by Jenny Sun Photography's blog! This is my brand new blog space! So please make yourself at home, and have a good browse around. There is plenty more to come so check back often :) Just in case any of you are wondering who on earth I am, my name is Jenny Sun. I own a photography company that spans across Australia and Malaysia, particularly in the Sydney and Kuala Lumpur regions respectively. Though I'm not restricted to those areas! :) I love photographing just about anything under the sun, but my particular passion is for weddings and portraits - I seriously LOVE people, their stories, the beautiful relationships formed, and the tales that are told when that shutter goes off!

This blog is my personal and visual journey along this path of photography. Please hop on board the ride, comment along the way (I shamelessly love comments!), and lets see where the wind takes us :)




Friday, April 9, 2010

Shootsac Competition Winner :)


My oh my oh my.... this was SO hard. I spent HOURS and HOURS going over every single entry... again and again and again... and even had people help me pick. We got down to the last 6 or so entries and it became near impossible to pick just one. To you blog readers who participated, THANK YOU soooooo much for being a part of this and leaving your incredible messages. I read each and every one over and over, and please know each one meant a lot to me personally. Sadly, there can only be one winner of the bag.... so without further ado... the winner is.....


*** Suzaidee ***

Hi Jenny,

If this is not a competition I bet you still have tons of people posting a comments, that shows how great you are as a photographer and as a person. We all love you :)

Anyway this Shootsac is something new to me and after browsing through their website I realize how easy and convenient it is to carry your gears in a sling bag. I'm a big fan of backpack but I noticed one problem I have, which is I can't change lens as fast as sling/ shoulder bag. Wow...this bag I hope to be a great addition to my photography gear and the last thing you want to think apart from creativity while shooting is how you can change your lens and this bag solve that issue.

Ok, now let talk about you Jenny... :). As I mentioned earlier, even if this is not a contest you still going to get lots of comments. You such an amazing photographer, your photos are full of inspiration with fresh ideas. But seriously, there are lots of great photographers out there. Only a few thin lines separate you from them. To me, you such an amazing person. When you explain about your photos, you don't explain about aperture, lens, camera, etc... you telling us stories about your photos, about the couple you shoot, about life, about love which is something not lots of photographers can relate to their work. You make us love photography as an art and put aside out insecurity about how cheap or expensive our gear. And I still remember how you personally reply to my FaceBook message which other photographers will just ignore it, that is something meaningful to me. Thanks Jenny for bringing life to photography :)



Congratulations, Suzaidee!!!

-------------

And to the following people, because your entries made me smile in your own special ways, I have a little surprise-something to send your way. So please email me at info@jennysunphotography.com with your postal address! :D


*** Dan Au ***
Seriously Dan, if I had a 2nd bag to giveaway, it would have gone to you. Your entry made me laugh so much!! loved it!! :D

Poem: If I could win a Shootsac

Oh if I could win a shootsac, how happy I would be;
Though it's a little girly, It'll help with my photography!
And even when I'm not about, using it on shoots,
I could wear it while walking in the park, with matching leather boots.

For then I'd be like Jenny Sun, half crazy and half cool;
She shoots directly in the sun, with pictures that make you drool;
With her own blog and fanpage, she has no low self-esteem,
And to complete the perfect picture, she has her lucky husband on her team!

Although I've never met her, her brother's my awesome friend,
With hair length like her sister, he admires her to the end;
Best of all she loves the God who's handiwork is in her arts,
And therefore gives Him credit, while warming up our hearts.

So whether or not I win this comp, I don't think I really mind;
More important is to commend this girl who's creative, caring, kind.
For if you're ever stuck on a word which means great photography,
I know no better way to spell it but with J and S and P.


*** Clara Alim ***


*** Nigel Sia ***
(LOVE that you totally incorporated my brand colours and logo!!! :D :D)




*** Danny Foo ***
I love your work because not only have you defined your style of shooting - which many love and adore, you've also created a brand and self-value to yourself. Combining moments of love, sadness, inspiration and even, mother nature.

I know not of many photographers who truly still sustains the beauty in a photo - originality. From its essence of the subject, to the emotions and composure which naturally communicates in your photos.

This is what I love about your work. It's my inspiration and aim to not only become good, but to create simply beautiful photos.

The shootsac would be a very ideal tool for me. Especially having to maneuver around people without disrupting the emotions looming at the time. It would be perfect.


*** Annette Wong ***
Hi Jenny.

As I was clearing some of my email inbox folders the other day, I saw 2 of your email replies dated Aug 2008, so there I found myself reading it again. Well, Jenny, I still remember writing to you asking for your advise on lenses, but little did I expect that you would write back so promptly and geneously sharing your thoughts. It was such a lovely reply with lots of personal touch, and that for a moment I thought u r someone whom I've known for a while... Jenny, I just wanna tell you, you are successful because you have a heart to touch people's lives in your own special way. Because of this, you always have the ability to craft one-of-a-kind journal for those who have trusted in you. Keep believing because I do believe in you. I've embarked on my freelance photography journey for more than a year now, it has been amazing and loving it everyday, I still can't believe that I'm actually doing what I love!!! Praise God!! I read about ShootSac and have always wanted to get one for myself, but as i just started out my business now and there's a list of equipment I need to invest on, so the plan of getting a shootsac always eludes me. However, Shootsac or not I still think that JSP rocks!!


jadore!!!! answer to my prayers!! as an aspiring female photographer, I have had my share of frustrations trying to figure out how to carry my camera and lug around lenses without being crazy conspicuous [using big and bulky bags] and appearing like I'm going to fall over at a given minute [I'm short and that 70-200 is a monster!]. 

but the shootsac answers all theses issues in 5 aspects:

J-jetset-enabled: as in, it allows for quick movement to capture all those essential moments.

E-ergonomic: shapes to my body to aid in movement AND balance [bulkiness = imbalance, no good with expensive equipment!].

N-nifty: with all its compartments and easy/quick access to lenses when it's time for a change!

N-neat: no more rummaging around looking for extra batteries and memory cards! YES!!

Y-yummy: changeable covers!! This speaks to the part of me that desires to express myself fully always!

[see what i did there? ;)]

I adore you, Jenny Sun, for your creativity, talent and ability to capture the essence of the people you shoot, it's simply amazing!

I ALSO am wowed by your willingness to share so much of your passion with us, like all the filmwork you do in addition to your sessions [i'm falling in looove with film more and more!]. And that FAQ you did recently? Unbelievably helpful!! And more than anything, I think it showed your desire to help others achieve the level of love and expression you have obtained through photography. I think THAT is something that truly sets you apart from the vast number of photographers out there. 

So in short: Jenny Sun = amazing!

*** Kelvin Chu ***
And just because you asked, I'll shoot across what you asked for :)


Thank you everyone! Have a beautiful weekend and see you on the other side! :D



13 comments:

Kelvin said...

YEAH!!! TQ TQ!

Jenny Sun said...

@kelvin: Congrats! Do send me an email with your postal address! :D

Suzaidee said...

Thank GOD and thank you Jenny for this wonderful gift and I hope I'm moving towards the right direction to be a great person and also photographer :)

Seriously, I never thought of entering this since I'm not very good with words and plus my poor command in English but I just stick to my belief what would i say to you if i meet you in person...

and since you post my weblink,I think it's about time I beeter do something with my website...hehehe

Again, Thanks Jenny for everything :)

Kelvin said...

ALREADY SEND!!!

coffee&parchment said...

omg thank you so much jenny!!!! I am SO UNBELIEVABLY excited, you have no idea how crazy i look right now, hahaha.

ive said it before, i'll say it again: jenny sun = amazing!

Kelvin said...

o no!!!
now i can't sleep!!!
very happy again!!!

Clara said...

Awww thanks so much Jenny! Incredibly honoured that I got a mention :)

Amanda Marie said...

I Love love loved the poam. So cute. I am glad he gets a special surprise. :)

Calvin Soo KJ said...

congrats to suzaidee. *whispers* pssttt.....you wanna share it with me?? :P

John said...

http://mahen3d.com provide innovative solutions for all your business needs, ecommerce web site design, flash website design, website templates, accessible web site design sydney. Mahen3D.com, has been selected to receive The American Association Of Webmasters, "Gold" Award.

Danny Foo said...

Eeks. Just noticed my name here. LOL! Shall email you shortly. Thanks a bundle Jenny. :)

handbags said...

What is Breitling? Do you know Breitling Watches?

Domain name registration said...

Thanks for sharing. And keep up with your good work.