Weddings Engagements Portraits Events Personal News Other Photography Photography Stuff Design Stuff Randoms!
My Website JSP Faqs World sunrise/ sunset times Time Zone converter World Clock Day/ Night world map




A big hi and hello to all of you out there! Thank you for stopping by Jenny Sun Photography's blog! This is my brand new blog space! So please make yourself at home, and have a good browse around. There is plenty more to come so check back often :) Just in case any of you are wondering who on earth I am, my name is Jenny Sun. I own a photography company that spans across Australia and Malaysia, particularly in the Sydney and Kuala Lumpur regions respectively. Though I'm not restricted to those areas! :) I love photographing just about anything under the sun, but my particular passion is for weddings and portraits - I seriously LOVE people, their stories, the beautiful relationships formed, and the tales that are told when that shutter goes off!

This blog is my personal and visual journey along this path of photography. Please hop on board the ride, comment along the way (I shamelessly love comments!), and lets see where the wind takes us :)




Sunday, June 1, 2008

The journey continues


We have left Barcelona, and are now in Paris. The next leg of our trip. Internet access is very limited here, so I don't have time to write much, or reply emails. However, do keep writing and dropping any comments! I will be checking them whenever I next log on - promise! :)

For now, here are some more photos, as promised, from Barcelona. Words may be few, but images speak volumes so I'll let the photos do the talking this time :) I'll be posting again when I next get to log on.

Ciao!




The monestary in Barcelona. Architecture here is just gorgeous.


I love the backlit glow in this image. The whole feel just shouted 'EUROPE' when I saw it :)


Live music. There is so much of it in Barcelona. And its GOOD!! Definitely worth a bit of your time.


Cafe.




Market offerings.




The next few images are just special little things that caught my eye. I am extremely drawn to lines, shapes, colour, and texture, so there are no prizes in guessing why they spoke out to me when I walked by them. Just a note, Ju and I got lost ALOT while we were in Barcelona... but in some ways, that was so fortunate, because we discovered alot of back alleys and other strange little quirks that we never would have been able to come across if we had headed straight for the main attractions.



















Now, street photography wouldn't be street photography without some people shots right? ;)




The following shots were taken at Camp Nou (Barcelona's biggest football stadium). These were the kind of boots the players wore in the days of old :)


Now this is MY kinda store display!!


Barcelona is home to some extremely beautiful churches.




And beautiful buildings.


And lastly, this final shot for today is just for me :) I absolutely fell in love with this dress when I saw it in the window (the dress on the right). Of course, I can't afford the crazy price for it, but hey, at least i have it imprinted in a photo :) I am predicting, with the move towards more slimline silhouetted (ie. long and slender) wedding gowns as opposed to the big ballgown/princess like gowns, this dress that I photographed below may become somewhat of a style for wedding dresses in the not too distant future. I will be so happy to one day see one of my brides move away from the traditional a-line/can-can type dresses and wear something mediterranean or grecian inspired like the one below, with a dash of colour either around the straps or the neckline. I dare you!! ;)


ps: I have a penchant for typography (blame it on my graphic design degree background!), so if you see alot of numbers, or letters, or signs in my photos, you know why now. For now, I think the numbers have been speaking out to me alot. Not sure why but European numbers seem to always be set against some kick ass colours or textures or lines!! Ok, really gotta run now. Bed time, and full day ahead tomorrow!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

i agree, that is a gorgeous dress in the last picture! you have to be tall and slender to pull off such a dress though, otherwise no matter how beautiful the dress itself is, it doesn't flatter one's body.

on another note, i love the colours in the streets of barca.

Leh Choong said...

hi Jenny! I hope this comment will go thru, been trying it for a few times! Loved ur street photos and can't wait to see the wedding photos!!! Your photos are just simply marvellous!

Jillian said...

hey! this is jillian.... i just have to say that these pictures are lovely! and ur in paris now??? wow i want to go there as my dream place...well hope uyou enjoy the rest of ur trip...see you then!

eric said...

absoultely love the photos! i'm wondering at this point how many photos you're amassed already... thousands? hahah