Weddings Engagements Portraits Events Personal News Other Photography Photography Stuff Design Stuff Randoms!
My Website JSP Faqs World sunrise/ sunset times Time Zone converter World Clock Day/ Night world map




A big hi and hello to all of you out there! Thank you for stopping by Jenny Sun Photography's blog! This is my brand new blog space! So please make yourself at home, and have a good browse around. There is plenty more to come so check back often :) Just in case any of you are wondering who on earth I am, my name is Jenny Sun. I own a photography company that spans across Australia and Malaysia, particularly in the Sydney and Kuala Lumpur regions respectively. Though I'm not restricted to those areas! :) I love photographing just about anything under the sun, but my particular passion is for weddings and portraits - I seriously LOVE people, their stories, the beautiful relationships formed, and the tales that are told when that shutter goes off!

This blog is my personal and visual journey along this path of photography. Please hop on board the ride, comment along the way (I shamelessly love comments!), and lets see where the wind takes us :)




Monday, June 23, 2008

Jeff and Nancy: Phuket Destination Wedding


Geez, I'm really lousy at this whole blogging game. I was going to blog about this other wedding, but then I realized - woops! I have to blog about this wedding first! So.... without further ado....

--------------

The bags were packed, everything tucked in neatly into their designated home for the next few days. I was ready to return to a destination I had always associated with the delightful images of sun, fun, relaxation, sand, sprinkled across with couples and family enjoying such pleasures while basking in the tropical waters that this place is so well known for.

This time however, my feet would be taking me to Phuket, for work. Jeff and Nancy were flying in from Hong Kong, and their intimate guest list of 50 close family and friends were gathered from every corner of the the globe... USA, UK, Australia, Canada, Hong Kong for their tropical destination wedding.

I could literally breathe in the excitement propelling forth for the day to blossom. The girls carefully but quickly zipped and tied up their aqua marine frocks, while dabbling on the last remnants of makeup needed to look perfect...just perfect.... before embarking the red and blue tinted boat that would take them across the sparkling lake with the bride, to the place where Nancy would say her vows and promise her forever to Jeff.

She's coming!

The bride is coming! Everyone sit down. Close the doors!


The frenzied energy that had been buzzing through the humid air, had now hushed to a muted anticipation in the form of searching glances, and turned heads as they were all searching for the bride. And, as the edge of the earth waits in faithful wanting for the sun's rays to touch her side every morning, there he was faithfully waiting for her...And ever faithful in return, there was Nancy beaming with quiet joy as she walked gracefully past the pink-petal littered white path, and into the pearly radiance of the room where her eyes met Jeff. Her soon to be husband. He too matched her smile with one of his own, while nervous was just as bright. Before we knew it, they were pronounce husband and wife..Joined in matrimony at the Laguna Resort Phuket, and celebrated with a handful of those closest and dearest to their hearts.

Jeff and Nancy are very casual and understated people, and I think this was beautifully seen on their wedding day - while their wedding was gorgeously adorned in a very classy and modern way, it was never over the top. Nor was their schedule, preferring to just relax and spend more time catching up with friends whom they had not seen in awhile.

Casual, down to earth, but in every sense of the word tasteful, charming, and beautiful :) Just like everyone who was there.

Here are my favourite shots from the day:

I always love some subtle but pretty detailing on wedding dresses.




The wedding chapel, and the pretty but never over the top decorations.


Portraits, JSP style - casual! :)


The ceremony underway.








I always love how grooms look at their bride on the wedding day. I can't even put it down in words. You just have to see the expression from each wedding I do - this one was no different.




Jeff's fingers must have expanded due to the heat from stress because Nancy couldn't put the ring on!! haha, she got it in the end, but boy it was funny!


Married!!


Planting a tree in remembrance of their wedding day.




Just some quick, and very informal relaxed portraits.




LOVE Nancy's engagement ring, just for its sheer uniqueness and colour. I've never seen one like it before!


Backlit, yummy goodness, with a very very slight hint of texture processing.






This was the little fella introducing guests as they walked into the reception.


Details! Details!


Jeff is also a photographer! A groom, who took out his camera on his wedding day - shame! haha... oops, did someone else I know also do the same? *scratches head*


To end the night, the the bride and groom lit up lanterns and released them into the night air. It really was very pretty. Shot with available light only.


And here is the chapel at sunset. Beautiful huh?


And as always, the slideshow! Lots and lots more pictures!! Turn up your speakers to hear a song by one of my current fave artists :) Remember when pressing play, to hit the pause button as soon as it loads.... wait for th ebar to finish loading, then press play - guaranteed smooth playing without any bumps and pauses due to slow connections :)


Thanks to Alex Moi who helped and assisted me with this wedding!

And of course, thank you Jeff and Nancy for the wonderful honor to document such a special day! Flying all the way in from so far away, and to trust someone with your memories whom you had not yet met! It was a real privilege! I had lots of fun, and your wedding was truly lovely. Thank you for making me feel welcome and comfortable, and for sharing that air conditioning + water in your room after our shoot - it was definitely HOT that day! Hope you are rocking the world with your adventurous spirits and outdoor sports endeavours! :) Blessings!

-------------
ps: I'm off travelling again from Monday to Wednesday for a shoot so I'll be out of the office. Please write me an email during that period if you need to contact me, otherwise, call my mobile if its extremely urgent :) See ya!

5 comments:

nattnee said...

gosh the light at the church is amazing! why can't every church be like that! =)

what an awesome looking wedding...the whole idea of it...lanterns, beach, elephants etc! very nice!

Jodi McDonald said...

Hi Jenny,
Thanks for visiting/commenting on my blog. You have an amazing client base - must be your amazing work!!!! Just beautiful.

Linda Truong said...

JENNY!!

I LOVE IT!

Far out, you make me so green!!!! :D You are the bomb!

Keep it up girl!

Mark Leo said...

Wow the shots look so crisp and clean. I like the church setting, it looks so white and pure.

Cathy Crawley said...

What a stunning slideshow of gorgeous photos! The church is amazingly beautiful, and you captured the day perfectly :)