Weddings Engagements Portraits Events Personal News Other Photography Photography Stuff Design Stuff Randoms!
My Website JSP Faqs World sunrise/ sunset times Time Zone converter World Clock Day/ Night world map




A big hi and hello to all of you out there! Thank you for stopping by Jenny Sun Photography's blog! This is my brand new blog space! So please make yourself at home, and have a good browse around. There is plenty more to come so check back often :) Just in case any of you are wondering who on earth I am, my name is Jenny Sun. I own a photography company that spans across Australia and Malaysia, particularly in the Sydney and Kuala Lumpur regions respectively. Though I'm not restricted to those areas! :) I love photographing just about anything under the sun, but my particular passion is for weddings and portraits - I seriously LOVE people, their stories, the beautiful relationships formed, and the tales that are told when that shutter goes off!

This blog is my personal and visual journey along this path of photography. Please hop on board the ride, comment along the way (I shamelessly love comments!), and lets see where the wind takes us :)




Friday, June 13, 2008

Paul and Caz: Wedding


As tradition and habit goes in my life, I am ending this week with a post as I always do :)

I've held back from writing about this wedding (and the next one), not really due to time, but more so because I've really wanted to sit down and talk about the incredible importance of the client-photographer relationship - something which I think is remarkably underrated in the industry and sometimes too easily overlooked in the midst of the chaos we brides call 'wedding planning'. While we madly rush around to find the perfect dress, the prettiest and most elegantly adorned venue to sing out the vows which will bind us with our other half for life, decorating with the colours inks and ribbons the streams of paper and card that will announce this special day.....and not to mention, finding the perfect wedding photos that will embed the event in time for all to see.... in the tornado of all that, certain things get lost along the way.

One of them is the client-photographer relationship. That is, how do YOU as the client, feel about your wedding photographer. I've always stressed to people that meet with me, friends and potential clients alike that how you feel about your wedding photographer is almost as important if not more so, than the photos they take. I am not writing this to state that I am the perfect wedding photographer for everyone... in fact, I know I'm not! I have a distinct style and personality, and I know that while some may love it, others may not feel the same way. And that is totally okay because I don't do this business to win the most clients, or jobs, or grab the most prestigious awards... I do what I do because I love it and I want to love who I work for 110% :) It may mean that I don't get to work with every couple that comes my way, but in the end it means they get a photographer they are completely happy with, and those that do choose me I know have chosen me for not only my work but for me. And that makes my heart very happy :)

I guess what I am saying hiding behind all this incessant rambling of mine (soooo sorry! I am terribly long winded!), when choosing who you want to document one of YOUR biggest days, I hope you love them to bits! Love them as much as I love my clients - who, in many cases I can almost call friends - when that happens, that ends up being the biggest reward and honor :)

Paul and Caz, are two people whom I just adored from the moment we met. Paul's youthful energy, Caz's big beautiful hearty laugh, and their combined sincerity, humour, and warmth made its mark that first hot spring afternoon where we shared coffee and cakes, chatted about their wedding details, and how they met and fell in love...and it was there that I knew not only was their wedding day going to be fabulous, but so were they!

Paul and Caz were married at Milson's Point CCC and celebrated their love with family and friends at the ever classy Curzon Hall. And to no surprise, the very traits that stood out about the two when I first met them, sprinkled themselves across everyone who had the pleasure of witnessing their union in marriage. It was apparent that their love for one another overflowed to their friends, and their family (who were also incredibly kind and down to earth!!) and that these very people mirrored the same sentiments towards the couple. That same warmth, sincerity, and humour permeated through and through their wedding day - and I believe that is what made it so special to document.

Here are some of my favourite moments from the day:

Some details to start with.






Paul was so sweet (grooms pay attention here!!), he arranged for a surprise delivery for Caz during her preparation stage - the surprise was a really sweet card along with a present that ended up being a coat she had been wanting for ages!!


And here is what the card said. Aww!


Caz's dad loves his daughters and it was really sweet to watch how they interacted together. Here is an example! Cute!






Here comes the bride!


And this is how Paul looked when he saw Caz for the first time down the aisle. He had tears! Very touching.








I love catching others trying to sneak in a shot! ;)










Tea ceremony formalities :)










And here we are, off to do some location shots! It was BUCKETING down that day, I tell you so our session was short, but since Paul and Caz are so cool and so was their bridal party, it was a breeze working with them - even in the rain!




Caz has the most amazing eyes. See what I mean?


Umbrella shot with the rain.... see, I told you umbrella shots IN the rain can look cool!! ;)








And here is Curzon Hall, where they had their dinner reception. It was cool! We got to hang out in the big room downstairs :D


And some of the yummy details that dabbled across the room.


Oh, and check out this awesome cake! Who says you need a big crazy detailed cake for your wedding to be cool?


The entrance...


Followed straight after by a very well rehearsed waltz!


Precious moment caught during the speeches, between the bride and groom (btw, she had the most KICKASS cheongsam I have ever seen!! I personally don't like to wear cheongsams, but after seeing Caz's, it rocked my socks and I fell in love with it!! And Caz is a shorter than me - I am only a humble 5'5" so there is definitely NO NEED to be tall and lanky to pull it off).


Me, playing with the rings again ;)


And not forgetting the slideshow of course!! Watch it for more photos along with a song I really like! :D



Caz and Paul, like many other couples that work with me, opted to do a casual engagement session (the best kind I tell you!!) just a few days before their wedding. As this post is INSAAAAANELY long enough already, I'll just show you a few of my faves from the afternoon I had with them :)











But before I end, I just want to make a shoutout to Vincy - thank you so much for being the kick ass awesome assistant that you are! I can always count on you when needed, plus you made working in the rain possible! :D

And last but definitely not least, thank you Caz and Paul for trusting me with your memories. For being such beautiful souls, and for making it not feel like work at all for me on your special day. You two only deserve the very best that life has to offer, and I hope you get nothing less. Keep listening to that awesome music that you do, and touching others with same warmth and love that you impressed upon me :)

5 comments:

Joanna said...

such lovely lighting and colours @ the wedding :) keep up the good work, jenny!

will you be heading to sydney in july?

Naomi said...

Hi Jen, Just wanted to say that I took a look at all your pics. You have a great eye. The photos are beautiful. I really like the one of Padme! Hope you are well! Love, Naomi.

Linda Truong said...

Jenny... Your favourite blog stalker here ;) jokes. Anyways, awesome work, as usual... Bahh.. I'm insanely wanting to go out there now and shoot... :D You inspire me sister... BTW, awesome locations there... Loving the red stair care and the green door... Where where where?!?!

youna said...

ooooh that splash of purple caught my eye
hehe I don't remember seeing that??
Ohh did you Draw that ring on? ;P
it looks white!

Love the depth of the shots :D

btw i got netvibe~ it's GREAT

youna said...

oh and you still owe me some curtin hall shots :P
the ones of the setup and room :)

oh and we gotta figure out a system of how you can tell me which photos of mine you liked and chose, just so I know what to take more of