Weddings Engagements Portraits Events Personal News Other Photography Photography Stuff Design Stuff Randoms!
My Website JSP Faqs World sunrise/ sunset times Time Zone converter World Clock Day/ Night world map




A big hi and hello to all of you out there! Thank you for stopping by Jenny Sun Photography's blog! This is my brand new blog space! So please make yourself at home, and have a good browse around. There is plenty more to come so check back often :) Just in case any of you are wondering who on earth I am, my name is Jenny Sun. I own a photography company that spans across Australia and Malaysia, particularly in the Sydney and Kuala Lumpur regions respectively. Though I'm not restricted to those areas! :) I love photographing just about anything under the sun, but my particular passion is for weddings and portraits - I seriously LOVE people, their stories, the beautiful relationships formed, and the tales that are told when that shutter goes off!

This blog is my personal and visual journey along this path of photography. Please hop on board the ride, comment along the way (I shamelessly love comments!), and lets see where the wind takes us :)




Friday, June 27, 2008

Sporadic friday bits and pieces



I have to admit, being away from home is hard. No, really.

I love my job, and I know it is an incredible blessing to be able to travel as often as I get to, see different and new places, but at the end of the day, my favourite place in the entire world is at home, on my cream coloured sofa, with good music playing :) Alot of the times, my work takes me away from this, away from family, away from friends - and there are moments where I get a pang in my heart from missing out on alot of the things that go on in day to day life just because I am not around. So sometimes, I find it a little perplexing when people email me as say they envy my job, or the places I get to go because I wonder if they realize the full sacrifices that are involved in such a 'glamorous' role?

That said, I do love my job :) I think God reminds me on an almost daily basis that while it does come with its pits (geez, I think any job no matter how much you love it, comes with its blue side), I am really really lucky to be doing what I am doing right now. I don't take anything for granted as I know in this life, things can go as quickly as they come :)

Anyhow, why I have brought this up was because I was away for a good part of this week, and as usual, I missed home. And I knew this time, when I came back, I would be coming back to an empty house, so that was an even bigger happiness sucker because the husband was also away for work :( But look what he left behind for me to greet me when I arrived home!




It made the big empty space a little brighter :) And it would never die!! :D

On another note, here are some other colourful little things that have made my heart smile recently.

1. My awesome yellow shoes from Paris! They only cost 10euro (bargain!!), and I think they rock!! Who says you need to splurge to get something awesome??



2. I love HUGE HUGE mugs. Its part of my inherent love for all things abnormally sized (and probably a little too much influence from that awesome friends sitcom!). Check out the ones we use at home! I love the colour and design :D



I really meant it when I said I love things in weird shapes and sizes.

For example, matchsticks that are the height of your arm.

Silver cutlery suitable only for the world of the mini of mini mini humans.

And check out my calculator that I found recently. Haha. It's literally the size of my head and my neck combined. No, I didn't want to put my face in the photo, so here's the next best thing. My hand :p I did take this picture myself - though it took several attempts as the Canon 5D in one hand with a heavy lens isn't the easiest to keep still!




Alright peeps! I'm off for the rest of the afternoon and weekend! I've not had a day off from work for 2 weeks and I'm seriously exhausted. In the act of wanting to preserve my health for all future shoots, I'll be resuming work from Monday onwards and finishing up all emails, prints, and albums that are pending to be done up. So look out for my email sometime next week! ;) Have a beautiful weekend!!

5 comments:

Stephers said...

Aww...that is so sweet of jk. And you're right, that is one HUGE calculator!

You have a restful weekend! :)

AHS Photography said...

Those shoots are too cute! Have a great weekend!

Jodi McDonald said...

Nice insight into YOU!! And congrats on the Signature Photographer - & the only girl very impressive. Long week ahead grinding it all out.....

astherlau said...

I totally understand how you feel cos I live the same life as you are... travelling lots & only home for couple of days in a month.

Hubby's starting to miss me lots & since I realised that, hence, I decided on the new career path which hopefully will keep me much more often at home (or at least nearer to home) rather than travelling to the many far places as I did before.

Have a wonderful weekend my dear. And see you in early August!

Joanna said...

Have a great weekend, Jenny! Hope you have time to rest and rewind :)

That caculator looks amazingly big. hehe.