Weddings Engagements Portraits Events Personal News Other Photography Photography Stuff Design Stuff Randoms!
My Website JSP Faqs World sunrise/ sunset times Time Zone converter World Clock Day/ Night world map




A big hi and hello to all of you out there! Thank you for stopping by Jenny Sun Photography's blog! This is my brand new blog space! So please make yourself at home, and have a good browse around. There is plenty more to come so check back often :) Just in case any of you are wondering who on earth I am, my name is Jenny Sun. I own a photography company that spans across Australia and Malaysia, particularly in the Sydney and Kuala Lumpur regions respectively. Though I'm not restricted to those areas! :) I love photographing just about anything under the sun, but my particular passion is for weddings and portraits - I seriously LOVE people, their stories, the beautiful relationships formed, and the tales that are told when that shutter goes off!

This blog is my personal and visual journey along this path of photography. Please hop on board the ride, comment along the way (I shamelessly love comments!), and lets see where the wind takes us :)




Friday, June 20, 2008

JSP Tidbits + Youtube Friday


Okay, NOT that you guys want to know the whole deal about your photographer, but I've been tagged. And so, I am fulfilling my cyberspace duties and answering the tag right here:

1. Four jobs/career aspirations I have had:
* Graphic designer (job)
* Marketing executive (job)
* Journalist (career aspiration)
* Photographer (yay! Currently fulfilling that one!)

2. Four things I wish I had done earlier:
* Started singing
* Learned to play the cello (still wish I had taken that one up actually!)
* Explored the world
* Learned more cooking!

3. Four places I have been (Not including Sydney/KL) :
* USA (LA, Las Vegas, San Fransisco, Hawaii)
* Paris
* Spain
* South East Asia (thailand, vietnam, indonesia, China)

4. Four countries I would like to visit :
* Greece - I wanna see Santorini (known for the best sunset in the world)
* Europe - more of it!!
* Japan
* USA - East coast cities only like NY, Boston, Chicago

5. Four of my favorite dishes/snacks:
* Anything japanese!
* Honey/soy chicken wings
* Salt & vinegar chips
* Any sort of stir fried veges ( i love veges... particularly broccoli)

6.Four of fav. desserts :
* Chocolate Ice cream
* Milo ice cream (anyone seeing the pattern here?? :p)
* Aeroplane Jelly
* Chocolate dipped strawberries

7. Four sites I visit daily:
* Don't even get me started!! (mainly photographer's blogs) :)

8. Four software applications I cannot live without:
* Web browser (eg: IE)
* Music player (eg: iTunes)
* Photoshop & Illustrator & Acrobat (then I'd be out of work!! haha)
* Microsoft Word

9. Four favourite drinks
* Watermelon Juice (or anything tropical and fruity in juice or smoothy form!)
* Barley juice
* Lemon Lime and bitters
* Coffee (especially the Illy kind.... mmmmm)

10. Four things you may not know about me:
* I still get nervous before every shoot I do (its nothing to do with my experience, but more so to do with the fact that I take nothing for granted, and my want to only give my clients 100%)
* Silence kills me - no, really. It's probably one of the reasons why I can talk so much, but that bare absence of sound.....scariest thing ever. So if you meet me, please be kind and spare yourself the pain of hearing myself talk the whole time by joining in the verbal banter with me. I promise I am not scary :)
* I cry incredibly easily. My husband is convinced its a form of female emotional blackmail, but I have implored with him time and time again that its just our way of releasing stress. Just like guys like to beer guzzle, or shout at the tv while pressing those confusing buttons on what they call the PS2/3/57 whatever it will end up being, we girls like to cry. I have to admit though, it doesn't take much for me to release the doors to the teary show.... sensitive movies, a heartwarming speeches at weddings, etc... so you have been warned! Its part of that extra X chromosome I tell you!!
* The funny thing about my name. My maiden name is 'Sun'. My husband's surname is Tan. I've retained my maiden name for business reasons so I am known as Jenny Sun. Period (although to friends and the like, I am known as Mrs Tan, Jenny Tan). Here is the funny thing about all this name jargon. In the asian tradition, the bride adds on the husband's surname to her own maiden name. So, in effect, mine would become Jenny Sun-Tan. I KNOWWWWWWW!! Its THAT sad. I can't tell you how much flack I've received from friends and the like who have found this insanely hilarious. Go on. Laugh. You know you want to. Its okay :) I've had years to build up the urge to kick and scream in protest of hearing it. I'm still Jenny Sun though ;)

Anyone wanna do this??? Take it up :) Post a link back here if you want me to read yours :)

Anyway, before I leave you all, I have been getting another itchy craving for some youtube loving! :) Here are two of my favourite clips this week - love it! Love her!!

Adios for now! Check back later as I'll be posting another shoot later today if the storm here doesn't black out my entire office! :)



She is only 6. The most amazing vocal talent I've heard at that age. Incredible.


And this other one. By none other than Sara Bareilles. I have to admit, her first release 'Love Song' did her no justice by hiding her vocal and musical writing ability & depth. This song however, lets her shine. Far out, I love it to bits. Hope you do too :)



13 comments:

su said...

glad to hear that Japan is in one of your to-visit countries. If you do come, I would be glad to show you around! :)

ju said...

i still think crying is a form of blackmailing...

Jenny Sun said...

ju: hehe, I think half of the population would beg to differ, but I'm happy to let you keep living in that oblivious bubble :)

su: Yay! Which part of Japan do you live in? Its such a beautiful place! I don't know where I'd want to start first. I wonder who else that reads this blog is from one the places I'd like to go! :D

eric said...

jenny sun-tan. sun-tan. i gotta say it again... jenny sun-tan! heheh >;p

so hey, when are u inviting us over for that home cooked meal you promised at your wedding dinner? ;p may'll be back this sunday!

Bert said...

ahahaha... you know, you and I are WAY too similar!!! hating silences and crying VERY easily! and you know what?! reckon your brother would SO agree with Ju on the latter!!! hmmm... we'd better make sure they stay away from each other before they conspire against us! =P
xxxx

youna said...

heeeey~~~ THAT CONNIE ROCKS! I've heard of her before! XD
and I just clicked on to her other performances!! SHE SINGS REALLY GOOD THE WHITNEY SONG!
go listen to it if you havent! AHHHH CRAZY! she's pitch perfect and works well with the emotion of the song!
man

youna said...

you know about the crying thing?
I only cry easily if I'm in a relationship or someone who is a good friend shows dislike or disapproval towards me in any way..
but I've realised I cry more and more these days.. I think once the tap is turned on it will start to drip :P

astherlau said...

Hehehe... A really funny entry!

Well girl... u'd laugh even more with my married name! Hubby's surname is Tan too. So, dat makes mine as Asther LAU-TAN! Read it in Mandarin. How miserable is dat!?!?!? ;P

Hehehe...

youna said...

haha do you get it jen?
maybe think of it in canto


= bomb right? :P

Linda Truong said...

I love hearing about you. It gives me insight to see what sort of person you are. And it really does give your images that extra bit POP because we know the person taking it.

You are hilarious!

I was told about the Sun-Tan thing a while ago, when I first heard of you... I laughed... It felt good...

You rock! I love you.

su said...

If you want to see the more traditional side of Japan, go to Kyoto. And if you want to see the city, then it would be Tokyo of course. If it's nature you are interested in, Hokkaido would be really nice. As for me, I am staying in boring Osaka. But Kyoto's near! :)

hehe. hope you find people from the other 3 places too! though Europe isn't hard to move around, but it's always nice to know some locals ;)

Mark said...

Nice bit of questionnaire, will definitely blog about it :)

Good way to share to someone more about yourself.

Chee Wei said...

I noticed that you wanted to visit santorini! I have been there myself and its really breathtaking. The white buildings and amazing weather, definitely great for photographers :)