Weddings Engagements Portraits Events Personal News Other Photography Photography Stuff Design Stuff Randoms!
My Website JSP Faqs World sunrise/ sunset times Time Zone converter World Clock Day/ Night world map




A big hi and hello to all of you out there! Thank you for stopping by Jenny Sun Photography's blog! This is my brand new blog space! So please make yourself at home, and have a good browse around. There is plenty more to come so check back often :) Just in case any of you are wondering who on earth I am, my name is Jenny Sun. I own a photography company that spans across Australia and Malaysia, particularly in the Sydney and Kuala Lumpur regions respectively. Though I'm not restricted to those areas! :) I love photographing just about anything under the sun, but my particular passion is for weddings and portraits - I seriously LOVE people, their stories, the beautiful relationships formed, and the tales that are told when that shutter goes off!

This blog is my personal and visual journey along this path of photography. Please hop on board the ride, comment along the way (I shamelessly love comments!), and lets see where the wind takes us :)




Thursday, May 29, 2008

Barca: Day 2


The sloth-like throbbing of my ankles and the soles of my feet, tell the story of a very travelled-out traveller. I have been working every bit of my legs for a good 12 hours, and I have to say, I am so relieved to be sitting in my bed right now....topped off with a shower, and the apparent absence of a chilly 19 degree celcius wind slapping itself against my face. Funny, that spanish summer is this cold. I had originally planned to come here in March, but now when thinking about it, I am glad I didn't!

Anyhow, Ju and I took SO MANY photos today. Barcelona is just brimming to the seams with eye candy. We both like urban character with our photos, so this place is just divine for that. While I would love to post all my favourites today, I'm just so exhausted and we have an early day ahead of us tomorrow as we are tackling the other half of Barcelona. Today we were fortunate enough to breathe in the myriad of sights and sounds of the city center, La Ramblas, the ever famous Camp Nou (the biggest football stadium in Europe which seats 100,000), and some of the smaller but incrediby charming alleys of the city.

I'll post more later, but for now, here are a small handful of my favourites among the HUGE number I have bookmarked in my mind :) Right now, I really need to let my head meet my pillow for a good 8 hours. Enjoy the following pics! Adios amigos!





Street performer.


Grabbed this while I was at the Ramblas markets.


Can you believe these are street tiles?! While we get boring plain concrete, apparently the people in Barcelona (in particular the Ciut Vella district) get REALLY nice patterned tiles to walk on!!


By the harbour of Barcelona. Haven't quite figured out how the boats in the very center of this sardine can, can get out when they want to.


I love the paradox of this image. Very simple subject matter - man walking, half consumed beer cup on the road. But set against an incredibly intricate wall. Just had to wait for the right second when the man was just where I wanted him to walk, to get this shot.





Mmmm.... colour :)



Love the spanish architecture!! This was shot while I was on a moving bus.


And lastly, this shot is for all those skeptics who think I can only shoot nice pretty pictures during the day. I can take night shots, and I do understand the intricate details that go behind getting the right shot at the right time of the night :) What? You think you can just shoot night shots at any given minute once the sun goes down? No no my friends ;) I actually shot the below frame in a sequence of 3. Its tempting to put it together into an animated GIF so you can see the 'movement' in the scene. I'll see what I can do ;)


10 comments:

allen said...

A truly picturesque city! Lovely photography!

Mark said...

I love the photos, you captured Barcelona amazingly!

Grace Tan said...

Wonderful images! Barcelona is definitely on my top list of 'must visit' places!

melissap said...

Wow, Jenny, you could sell those pictures to the travellers' guides, ie. Lonely Planet or stg. Those are amazing shots! The view of Barc thru your lenses speaks volumes..

trish said...

absolutely loving these to bits. esp the first four...!!

Keep them coming, you are doing an awesome job editing/posting even tho you're on holiday!

hweeyen said...

hey babe, you're supposed to be enjoying yoru holiday!

Having said that, I'm totally enjoying the fact that I'm seeing Spain through your eyes, its as good as being there :)

I especially love the Jesus craved in wood shot. Take care!

Loves.

youna said...

man~ I wish I had time to slowly take pics like that!
tours are too fast and rushed..
loving the artistic feel there ey? hehe

char said...

barcelona's awesome - very artistic photos reflecting the city :)

eric said...

keep those photos coming Jen! and particularly on your last comment/picture... did you bring your tripod along on your honeymoon??!?!? LOL

Jenny Sun said...

awww! thanks for all your comments everyone! :D

Youna: yeah, tours aren't good if you want to soak in whatever you see. Ju and I basically just did a lot of wandering... we didn't even really have much of an itinerary of what we wanted to do. Basically just did heaps and heaps of walking and wandering and let that take us wherever! We found some pretty amazing things along the way which I am sure we wold have missed if we were on a tour or stuck to some touristy plan.

Eric: No way!! definitely no tripod. I didn't bring a flash either. All my shots are handheld :) I'm pretty impatient with my photos... haha, meaning if I can't get the shot right in under 5 mins, I just leave. Can't be bothered!! lol.... Anyway, I will probably make another post when I get to paris. I'm leaving this afternoon!!

Adios amigos!!