Weddings Engagements Portraits Events Personal News Other Photography Photography Stuff Design Stuff Randoms!
My Website JSP Faqs World sunrise/ sunset times Time Zone converter World Clock Day/ Night world map




A big hi and hello to all of you out there! Thank you for stopping by Jenny Sun Photography's blog! This is my brand new blog space! So please make yourself at home, and have a good browse around. There is plenty more to come so check back often :) Just in case any of you are wondering who on earth I am, my name is Jenny Sun. I own a photography company that spans across Australia and Malaysia, particularly in the Sydney and Kuala Lumpur regions respectively. Though I'm not restricted to those areas! :) I love photographing just about anything under the sun, but my particular passion is for weddings and portraits - I seriously LOVE people, their stories, the beautiful relationships formed, and the tales that are told when that shutter goes off!

This blog is my personal and visual journey along this path of photography. Please hop on board the ride, comment along the way (I shamelessly love comments!), and lets see where the wind takes us :)




Wednesday, May 21, 2008

AIM 15, Results


Apologies, this post has been delayed until now. Things have been crazy since I've gotten back in front of my computer. And with the added fact that I will be leaving AGAIN end of this week, its really heating up here!

Anyhow, remember how I mentioned earlier in this post, that some work I did for the After 8 album, was nominated for the Best Album Cover award at this year's AIM awards (For those reading about this the first time, its the national music awards ceremony, and the biggest event for musicians in the country during the year)? Well, 2 weeks ago, the results were released, and I'm super happy to say that the nomination has been converted into a win! :D

It's quite funny right? I mean, me? Win an award? Again I say, funny right? I still can't wrap my head around it all!

Anyway, so I don't run the risk of rambling on too much to the pointing of turning you off, you can read about the event and see the final results here. For those that like a more visual orientated presentation of the results, you can go to the official NTV7's site here. The highlighted/colour panel is the winner for each category. I wanted to post the link to the official AIM website, but apparently they have not updated their site since the event, so an official press release is just as good :)





Alright, thats it from me about all this. I'm not really one to rave on about my achievements, as work speaks for itself, plus I am a big believer that when it comes down to it at the end of the day, its not about how many trophies you bring home in this industry, but really its about the people we work for and making them happy :) And that's why I do what I do. While it's Him, who gives me everything and sustains it all even down to the breath I breathe, It's YOU who drives me on. I think the greatest honor is when a client chooses me to work with them - I can't think of anything more worthy than when they have picked me when they could have picked anyone else to document a part of their life. That is why to me, they are not just clients, but real people. Not numbers on a page, but souls who have feelings, emotions, memories.... Maybe I'm strange, but while it is fun to win an award (and I AM so thankful!!!!) I think when a client chooses you, over the rest, that privilege is so much greater than all the accolades in the world.


5 comments:

Linda Truong said...

Ohh.. I was hoping that i'll be able to see some little Ju&Jenny's running around.. LOL.. But I knew that the important news was because of this.. Congrats girl. Your work is always rocking!

Keep living for God!

jk said...

good to know your achievements are acknowledge by people in the creative industry! well done.
jk

aaron fong said...

Congrats on the award winning album cover!.

char said...

Well done Jenny ! :)

Mandy said...

Jenny!

Well done! And congratulations!!! It was almost a sure-win when I first saw the work-in-progress design and the photography work in the office last year. I'm glad you won. Keep all the good stuff coming.