Weddings Engagements Portraits Events Personal News Other Photography Photography Stuff Design Stuff Randoms!
My Website JSP Faqs World sunrise/ sunset times Time Zone converter World Clock Day/ Night world map




A big hi and hello to all of you out there! Thank you for stopping by Jenny Sun Photography's blog! This is my brand new blog space! So please make yourself at home, and have a good browse around. There is plenty more to come so check back often :) Just in case any of you are wondering who on earth I am, my name is Jenny Sun. I own a photography company that spans across Australia and Malaysia, particularly in the Sydney and Kuala Lumpur regions respectively. Though I'm not restricted to those areas! :) I love photographing just about anything under the sun, but my particular passion is for weddings and portraits - I seriously LOVE people, their stories, the beautiful relationships formed, and the tales that are told when that shutter goes off!

This blog is my personal and visual journey along this path of photography. Please hop on board the ride, comment along the way (I shamelessly love comments!), and lets see where the wind takes us :)




Thursday, May 15, 2008

Chopped!!


It's done.

Gone.

The feeling that is associated with doing such an act, is surprisingly liberating. You know, doing the unexpected. Being spontaneous.

You see I love plans, and checklists, and routine.

Ironic right? The wedding photographer, whose job it is to capture the unexpected, deal with the spontaneous, and handle the surprising. Well, its just one of the many paradoxes that sit within, trust me :) So while its my job to tackle the unplanned, there is just one thing I've been absolutely notoriously known to never gamble with.

My hair.

I woke last saturday morning, excited. I was finally doing something with my hair. I was going to get a fresh look for my 26th birthday! Ju drove me to the hairdresser, and while I explained what I wanted. Both he, and my hairdresser apparently shared a different thought altogether. While I requested for a cut, re-perm, and covering my roots (and keeping my hair long), I think the universe had other plans. Because 3 hours later, I walked out of that place actually feeling the wind brushing past the back of my neck for the first time in over a year. My hair was no longer brown, but a very subtle blue shade of black, trimmed with another colour I would have never dared to ever let my locks meet. Most of all, it was VERY SHORT!!

But hey, life is full of surprises. Even the girl who is full of ironies, and fervently protective over who gets to cut her hair can let go. And I am so glad I did :)

Look at me!! Those that know me will be shocked I look like this now. haha! I've not had hair above my shoulders since grade 8 (thats form 2 for you Malaysians!!).




Now all I need are some new headshots taken. Question is, who is going to take them?
*scratches head* (that was NOT a rhetorical question!)

6 comments:

Linda Truong said...

Looking good Jenny. I love the new fresh and young look. You hardly look 26. You look like a high school girl.. ;)

You get my thumbs up.

trish said...

woo...cute! I love it!

And I also put my hand up for the non-rhetorical question! Up for a trade? Let's play! :P

hyperhex.com said...

So, you are a darn good wedding photographer. You are married. And you are 26.

And you are back home in kl.

:).

happy birthday to you

eric said...

wow :o heheh... i have got to see that in person. i wonder if i'll get a warning letter from my employers if i tried something like that lol. btw, may'll be back late june or early july. you'll be around? let's all get together then

liko said...

You look very cute in your new hair!! :D And your eyes are shining! JK did a great job taking this photo :D

youna said...

ooohh nice close up shot! compared to those blurs in facebook :P
wowwww you know what? the first thing I thought of when I saw this pic was...


Rock chick!!!!!


it reminds me first of Nana - the japanese anime/movie
and 2ndly yesterday I watched a movie called 'A lot like love' - by ashton kutcher and amanda peets
it's got something to do with photography too!! hehehe
go watch it if you have time..