Weddings Engagements Portraits Events Personal News Other Photography Photography Stuff Design Stuff Randoms!
My Website JSP Faqs World sunrise/ sunset times Time Zone converter World Clock Day/ Night world map




A big hi and hello to all of you out there! Thank you for stopping by Jenny Sun Photography's blog! This is my brand new blog space! So please make yourself at home, and have a good browse around. There is plenty more to come so check back often :) Just in case any of you are wondering who on earth I am, my name is Jenny Sun. I own a photography company that spans across Australia and Malaysia, particularly in the Sydney and Kuala Lumpur regions respectively. Though I'm not restricted to those areas! :) I love photographing just about anything under the sun, but my particular passion is for weddings and portraits - I seriously LOVE people, their stories, the beautiful relationships formed, and the tales that are told when that shutter goes off!

This blog is my personal and visual journey along this path of photography. Please hop on board the ride, comment along the way (I shamelessly love comments!), and lets see where the wind takes us :)




Friday, May 23, 2008

Grace and Andrew: Wedding


The heavens had been crying over the land for weeks upon weeks. I had begun to wonder if any of my brides would have the rare delight of in soaking the sun's rays on their special day. To have his warm gold arms embrace the people below and have it paint their pictures in a kaleidescope of colours for years to come.

For Grace and Andrew, they were the first of a fortunate few. For not only did the golden star shine high and bright, but it radiated its beams down in a beating 30 degree celcius fashion, creating a day that bore the promise of much hope, joy, and love.

And that promise did not disappoint in anyway.

From the precious few moments while the bride and her girls were getting ready, to the climactic walk down the aisle, right through to the unforgettable and very hilarious recounts of their courtship as they celebrated their new life together to the end of the night, the same marks of hope, joy, and love etched their mark on not only the bride and the groom, but to everyone that was there.

A guest told me at the end of the night "It was a lovely wedding". And while a simple statement like that could go unnoticed and forgotten, I remember it clearly because of its apparent truth. It was a lovely wedding indeed :)

Here are some of my favourite images from that day:

As always, in true JSP style, capturing some yummy details are a must!! ;)









Getting dolled up :)



I don't know why, but I just love the visual busyness of this photo. It's like a snapshot straight from a film clip.



High key prettiness.





I just adore the minutes after the ceremony is over. Reason being is that everyone is so relaxed, happy, and there are oodles of moments filled with laughter and hugs.



In the limo.



Then off to the harbour to get some shots :)



If I had to pick a favourite location shot, this would be it.



Now THIS is what all brides/bridesmaids should be wearing during the day! :p Only put on the formal shoes for the pictures, but really have fun and be comfortable for the rest of the day. No one cares! :D



Goofing around ;)





Oh, Grace and Andrew had some of the funniest speeches at their wedding. I can't even do it justice by recapping what I found to be highlights. You just had to be there, but take this as a classic example of some of the expressions caught :)





I love trying fun ring shots :)



As always, the bridal waltz is the favourite moment from any wedding I shoot at. So brides+grooms, you'll make me super happy even if you just shuffle your feet to your fave audio byte!! :) Grace and Andrew practiced extra hard, and even showed off this swinging move as part of their routine!



And, a sparkles exit. Love it when brides+grooms add a little bit of extra uniqueness to the traditions that are carried out during the day. They are not only special for the memories, but look fab in photos. Remember that brides! ;)


And as always, here's a slideshow for more photos. Enjoy!

Grace and Andrew also spent a special session with me, to do their engagement/pre-wedding photos. While I won't bombard you with the many great shots we got that day (oh my, we had drool worthy light that morning), here are just a few of my faves :)














Congratulations Grace and Andrew! I hope newlywed life is all that it should be for the two of you. And thank you for letting me part of such a special day. Blessings!

I'm off now to go chow down some good ol' durian. I've been suppressing the cravings for it the last few days, and I've sadly given in today!! Yummmm! :D

5 comments:

Linda Truong said...

Hey Jenny! Your photos are always rocking. I love them! I always get excited whenever I scroll down and there is a new heading.. So I delighted in finding "Grace & Andrew" :D

Keep it up girl!

Mark said...

Wow the photos are amazing! What an awesome set of photos which captured the moments beautifully of the wedding!

trish said...

loving these as usual! keep up the good work, and eat lots of durian coz it's yummy yummy stuff :)

aaron fong said...

wow, another amazing set of photos...my fav, the sepia/oldie look featuring sydney harbour bridge background. Thats classic!!!..Well Done Jen.

Wai Yeen said...

Hey Jenny! I have been a fan of your blog and I absolutely love the song you had for this slideshow.

Can I please know what's the title? Thanks!