Weddings Engagements Portraits Events Personal News Other Photography Photography Stuff Design Stuff Randoms!
My Website JSP Faqs World sunrise/ sunset times Time Zone converter World Clock Day/ Night world map




A big hi and hello to all of you out there! Thank you for stopping by Jenny Sun Photography's blog! This is my brand new blog space! So please make yourself at home, and have a good browse around. There is plenty more to come so check back often :) Just in case any of you are wondering who on earth I am, my name is Jenny Sun. I own a photography company that spans across Australia and Malaysia, particularly in the Sydney and Kuala Lumpur regions respectively. Though I'm not restricted to those areas! :) I love photographing just about anything under the sun, but my particular passion is for weddings and portraits - I seriously LOVE people, their stories, the beautiful relationships formed, and the tales that are told when that shutter goes off!

This blog is my personal and visual journey along this path of photography. Please hop on board the ride, comment along the way (I shamelessly love comments!), and lets see where the wind takes us :)




Friday, May 16, 2008

Random + Youtube Friday


Just a few random things to end this week with:

(1) If you haven't tried it already, go check out http://www.visualthesaurus.com/ I know I run the risk of sounding like a complete nerd, but I do love words (did you know that I wanted to originally be a journalist? That's right, the girl behind the lens wanted to be a writer. However, due to family pressure, I was encouraged to do something else. And so I ended up being a graphic designer. Then finally fell into my zone with photography. I still love writing however... stories, poems, lyrics, and stuff about real life too. Anyhow, being a photographer who loves words and writing, the visual thesaurus has become something of a friend ;) It makes writing all the more fun! Do have a play with it. It gets addictive! haha.

(2) Marie Digby.


I knew about this girl and her fabulous ability long before her umbrella hit caused a frenzy in the music world. And before you accuse her of being a one hit wonder, who can only sing covers, you HAVE to check out her album. Each track is wonderfully woven together to whet then satisfy one's melodic cravings, in both upbeat and ballady form, all packaged in her special storytelling style. What I find amazing on top of all that is this girl can sing so well, with her mouth relatively closed (singers/musicians will know that you sing better with your mouth opened wider). Oh, and she is half japanese! Yep, one of those Eurasian stunners :)

Anyway, my fave tracks from her? Check these out. SOOOO worth your 2 mins of attention. I swear, if you don't love her now, you are on the wrong side of the music landscape I tell ya!

Unfold (from her album)


Love Hurts (cover)
While Marie is better known for her umbrella cover, I think she does an awesome job on HEAPS of other songs as well. Can you believe this girl actually made a britney song that I really REALLY dislike, actually sound GOOD??! Amazing I tell you. Anyway, here is one of my fave covers from Marie. Its one of the lesser known ones, but has an understated beauty that just captures you when you hear it. I love it :)




(3) In the line of music (I did warn you before that I have a very strong music fetish!!), I have to share with you this song. Its a pop song!! (haha, yes, I do love my pop too, amidst all that unknown stuff I listen to). Hands up if you know Kate Voegele(she has been an opening act for big players like John Mayer, Counting Crows, and so on!)? She is only a mere 20 years old, and well, if you don't know her by now you better listen up!!, do check out her track "Only Fooling Myself". Its awesome and infectious as anything! PLUS, her music video has got to be one of the most original I've seen in a long time. Maybe its my love for paper (it comes hand in hand with being a graphic designer - haha, don't ask. Its weird enough admitting it as it is!) but I think the music video is really special! So do have a look! (On a side note, I'm loving her whole rock flavoured album which is seriously AWESOME I kid you not, of which you can preview on itunes or her website, and I'm on the hunt for it. If anyone knows where I can get it, do raise your voice on this space NOW!)

Kate Voegele - Only Fooling Myself





Have an awesome weekend everyone! I will be away and won't be back until tuesday so I'll respond to your emails then :) Take care!! :)


0 comments: