Weddings Engagements Portraits Events Personal News Other Photography Photography Stuff Design Stuff Randoms!
My Website JSP Faqs World sunrise/ sunset times Time Zone converter World Clock Day/ Night world map




A big hi and hello to all of you out there! Thank you for stopping by Jenny Sun Photography's blog! This is my brand new blog space! So please make yourself at home, and have a good browse around. There is plenty more to come so check back often :) Just in case any of you are wondering who on earth I am, my name is Jenny Sun. I own a photography company that spans across Australia and Malaysia, particularly in the Sydney and Kuala Lumpur regions respectively. Though I'm not restricted to those areas! :) I love photographing just about anything under the sun, but my particular passion is for weddings and portraits - I seriously LOVE people, their stories, the beautiful relationships formed, and the tales that are told when that shutter goes off!

This blog is my personal and visual journey along this path of photography. Please hop on board the ride, comment along the way (I shamelessly love comments!), and lets see where the wind takes us :)




Monday, May 12, 2008

Angela and Wayne: Wedding


It's a general fact. Love is the foundational ingredient in any good relationship. But we all also know that it can't be the stand alone factor. While it is definitely the most important, it is to be seasoned with other very important toppings to make it a great one.

For Angela and Wayne, I could see that for their love, it was massaged gently, but deeply with laughter. Not just any laughter, but the kind of laughter that resonates through and through with an abundance of youth and spirit, marked with a familiarity that only two souls that belonged together would understand.

From the first meeting, to the engagement shoot, and right on through the wedding, this trait was as clear as the sun which shone on the day they committed themselves to the path of marriage in front of all their family and friends.

Floating through the air that morning, was excited chatter, clustering together in fevered anticipation.

Because the day had come....


Rewind.

Their presence to each other was made known at a summer camp one particular year, where their paths collided as a result of mutual friends. And as fate would have it, they both held the key that would awaken something that would eventually lead them down a road where they would be living out a life-long story together. Although, at that time, they did not know that.

But, as all things that are meant to be, their love quickly unfolded. Then blossomed. Then refined.

One funny engagement story later, we fast forward.

Wayne and Angela said their vows, anchoring themselves to one another, at the All Saints Anglican Church Parramatta, and then celebrated in merriment at the East Ocean Restaurant. And in true Wayne and Angela form, they sprinkled then hugged the entire day warmly with their infectious laughter and humour.

These pictures are a testimony to that joy.


Enjoy my favourites below :) I had so many, I couldn't narrow it down, so I hope you don't mind the large number of picks below!


The bride, getting ready.





Her beautiful flowers. Can you believe, they are not real?!?!



And her GORGEOUS dress. It had this splash of colour just around the waist, which I thought was just perrrrrfect for photos. You know how much I like colour right? Right??? ;)









Ready. Isn't she just stunning :)



Waiting for the big moment.



And there she is.



The reason why it looks like they're laughing their heads off, is because they are! As Angela was walking down the aisle, her Dad stepped on her dress and nearly took it with him! But instead of getting freaked out about it, Angela laughed it off so gracefully :)





This church has probably got to be one of my favourite churches to photograph in to date. No flash needed. Hard to believe? Its really that good! :D Thanks for nailing this shot Vincy - she carried her instructions from me perfectly :)







I love the below moment. I caught it while their witnesses were signing the registry.



This has got to be one of my favourite shots taken during the ceremony. Can you see why I love All Saints Anglican Church, Parramatta? :)



Husband and wife!



We've all seen this shot before, but hey, I love it so much so here it is again!



Now, why do we need a big huge cake? Little cupcakes do just as well, and can be just as colourful. Shot, courtesy of Vincy.



Mingling with guests.



Oh yes, all those smiles can get tiring. Massaging those cheeks ready for round2! ;)



And as always, the location shots!





We always need a good 'formal' portrait of the bride and groom (although, come on, its hardly formal in JSP style, I do promise! )



This is my FAVE shot from the entire day. I just love the natural expression and colour :)







Who says we need green, water, or grass to make a portrait look great?!





The reception.



Tea ceremony formalities. Although, they had way toooooo much fun to call it a 'formality'! Thanks for grabbing this one too Vincy!





How cute were these favours given out during the night?





Asian weddings are always full of stiff stiff competition for us photographers! Check this out. I had to contend with this! haha!



The speeches were FUNNY!! My goodness, my words pale in description, but let the expressions speak for themselves :)









Stir in a few games.



And a few toasts.



And a little bit of quiet unspoken love.



And you end up with a very memorable evening.


Here is the slideshow. Remember to turn up your speakers! :) I do PROMISE you its well worth the download time.
[For those on slower connections, here's a tip: press play. Then as soon as you start to see the bar loading, press pause and wait til the bar is fully loaded. Then you can press play and watch the slideshow in totally smooth transition]



Thank you so much Angela and Wayne for allowing me to step into your love story for a brief moment to witness and document such a beautiful thing between the two of you. It has been such a pleasure, and I mean it 150% when I say it has been SO fun to watch you two through the lens. I can only imagine what the future holds for the both of you. But I am sure it will be filled with your infectious laughter and undeniable humour, to say the least! I hope those around you know how lucky they are to have you sprinkle such joy in their lives! :D

Much love!

PS: To everyone else, tomorrow is email day so I'll be tackling the HUGE number of emails that have collected over my time away from the office. Be patient ok? :) I will get to you as soon as I can - promise! Ciao!

4 comments:

Linda Truong said...

You know I'm a lover of your work. Great job Jenny! Keep it up, girl!

allen said...

nice church. i wish i get to shoot in a church like that.
i've been struggling to get the right lighting in church. :(

Anna-Rina said...

As usual awesome shots Jenny :D Love, love, love all of them!

Was bogged down with work when I got back from Perth, so I couldn't call you regarding the outing. Maybe we can arrange something before the female photog's meet-up?

Gimme a buzz when you're free ya?

See ya soon!

Sandra P said...

these pictures are lovely and i enjoyed your summary of the day, i am enjoying your blog! i might have to frequent this more often! :)

love from sunny cali,

Sandra P