Weddings Engagements Portraits Events Personal News Other Photography Photography Stuff Design Stuff Randoms!
My Website JSP Faqs World sunrise/ sunset times Time Zone converter World Clock Day/ Night world map




A big hi and hello to all of you out there! Thank you for stopping by Jenny Sun Photography's blog! This is my brand new blog space! So please make yourself at home, and have a good browse around. There is plenty more to come so check back often :) Just in case any of you are wondering who on earth I am, my name is Jenny Sun. I own a photography company that spans across Australia and Malaysia, particularly in the Sydney and Kuala Lumpur regions respectively. Though I'm not restricted to those areas! :) I love photographing just about anything under the sun, but my particular passion is for weddings and portraits - I seriously LOVE people, their stories, the beautiful relationships formed, and the tales that are told when that shutter goes off!

This blog is my personal and visual journey along this path of photography. Please hop on board the ride, comment along the way (I shamelessly love comments!), and lets see where the wind takes us :)




Wednesday, July 1, 2009

David and Kelly: Wedding


For those that have been waiting for a malaysian wedding to be posted, this one is for you ;)

I was talking with the husband last night, while were were out together for dinner, and the topic of weddings came up (as it often does when one is a wedding photographer :P), and we were in quick verbal banter with one another about the kind of weddings we would prefer if we could have it all our way without regard for anything or anyone else. For Ju, he quickly admitted that he liked the big feast. Grandeur. The large family gathering and the extravagant party, with everyone invited.

Myself, on the other hand, since I grew up in Australia and embrace my australian culture, I hug tight onto idea of the small and intimate wedding scene. The kind of wedding where you walk around and know everyone and anyone there personally, deeply. You know, the kind where your guests whose absence on the day would just make the wedding day seem utterly wrong. I've found (in most cases), the smaller the wedding, the more relaxed the bride and groom are. And the more real the emotions are that come out because everyone who is there, means something special and very important to the couple. The day evidently displays that the occasion is at the root..at the heart... and at the very core, a celebration of the couple's love. There's nothing pretentious about it, nothing staged. Its 110% real, and that my friends, makes the best photos. Each and every time. Yes, I do mean that...each and every time. And to an australian girl like myself who is a romantic at heart, that means everything.

So when David and Kelly rang me up about their wedding day, my heart skipped a beat and smiled with warm anticipation when they said they were having a very small wedding at Carcosa Seri Negara, in a simple garden wedding, followed by a simple tea ceremony, with a mere handful of people that were their nearest and dearest. You couldn't ask for anything more, for a girl like myself.

The bonus is, I did get more. I got the most fabulous couple. David and Kelly are the sweetest and nicest people you can ever meet. Really. They are warm, caring, and just down right two people with beautiful souls. I know I say this alot about the couples I shoot, but I realized as I was walking away with my bags packed after shooting their wedding, that I undeservedly get some of the nicest and kindest people to work with. People who make you smile deep down, who make work not seem like work, and who make you just want to go that extra mile for no reason but just because. Thank you David and Kelly, for shining a reminder light to why I love shooting weddings. It's hard work, but people like yourselves make it so worth it, and more.

Here are my favourite shots from their beautiful wedding:

Kelly's bouquet was stunning. I love bright colours and added bits of styling like pearls... or feathers, or ribbons, or other accessories like brooches and crystals :D Think about it brides! ;)



I thought it would be cool to try shooting shoes in a totally different kind of light... direct, harsh sunlight :)




The cute little details there that day :)




And then a 'first look' session. We spent some time first thing in the morning before the ceremony to get some shots of David and Kelly while the light was still nice. I highly recommend this to all brides who are having a late ceremony or don't have time after the ceremony to have shots taken. You get to do it in nice light, and its a really quiet and private time between the two of you before everything else happens. You aren't alone ever again the rest of the wedding day, so this is always a really special time to just savour seeing and being with each other before the day unfolds :)



I love how much David and Kelly laugh. They really are a couple after my own heart :)





And a burst of beautiful light that day! :)







Then the ceremony which was full of emotion :)













Celebrating after! :D













And a quick tea ceremony to follow :)











I think this was the moment where Kelly's mother realized her daughter was all grown up and officially 'moving out of the nest'. It was an emotional moment.









And to end, a ring shot :)



Have a beautiful wednesday everyone!

I am attempting to blog (scheduled posts, that is), every day this week. I'm not sure if it can be done, but we'll see :)

ps: I havent forgotten about the crazybooth photos I said I was going to post :)



11 comments:

Benjamin said...

now the ring shot is something very different...well done on this set Jenny. You're still so fresh with ideas

sam said...

beautiful as always, Jenny :)

i prefer the small wedding too.. must be something that us aussies prefer ;)

astherlauphotography said...

I totally agree with u on the small intimate wedding concept. I wish I had mine like dat too but staying in Malaysia, both of us being in a typical chinese family, we just have to "abide" with the "rules" of culture. Sigh... it'll definitely be CHEAPER if we did it small. :P

Hey... u did mention about posting a video on how u post-process ur photos. ;) Me still waiting... :P

Wendy said...

Fabulous photos Jenny!

I'll opt for a small intimate wedding anytime but too bad my fiance (and our families) wants a big event!

Love ur ring shots always!

Mark Leo said...

Absolutely gorgeous photos Jenny, love the colours so much and the expressions!

Deyla Huss Photography said...

Beautiful Work Jenny! Fantabulous! You have really captured all the emotions that went through the day, so nice!

Kelly said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kelly said...

heya there... thank you for all the nice things you said about us *blush*

thank you also for the beautiful photographs. each time we see the pictures, we feel the warm fuzzy feeling inside, all over again.

our small cosy wedding ceremony meant so much to us, and to have the ceremony shared with family and people whose friendships we've shared for more than 5 years, 10 years even... made it extra special.

thank you for being there, jenny :D

Holli True said...

Your work is absolutely stunning!! :) I'm a fan, girl!! I love raw emotion and you have the gift of capturing it! Keep rockin'!!

Naomi Dear said...

What a fabulous mix of captures! So many beautiful moments & emotions frozen forever. Should be one very happy couple!

MissJeni said...

Stunning photos! I love the casual photos and the light is so perfect! perfection it is!