Weddings Engagements Portraits Events Personal News Other Photography Photography Stuff Design Stuff Randoms!
My Website JSP Faqs World sunrise/ sunset times Time Zone converter World Clock Day/ Night world map




A big hi and hello to all of you out there! Thank you for stopping by Jenny Sun Photography's blog! This is my brand new blog space! So please make yourself at home, and have a good browse around. There is plenty more to come so check back often :) Just in case any of you are wondering who on earth I am, my name is Jenny Sun. I own a photography company that spans across Australia and Malaysia, particularly in the Sydney and Kuala Lumpur regions respectively. Though I'm not restricted to those areas! :) I love photographing just about anything under the sun, but my particular passion is for weddings and portraits - I seriously LOVE people, their stories, the beautiful relationships formed, and the tales that are told when that shutter goes off!

This blog is my personal and visual journey along this path of photography. Please hop on board the ride, comment along the way (I shamelessly love comments!), and lets see where the wind takes us :)




Thursday, July 23, 2009

TRA & Pin Me Up Couture Competition Winners


This was a feat. A sheer and utter battle against my indecisiveness. I believe I make good choices, but when given a mountain load of incredibly good options to pick from, I swear I am a complete puddle of goo.

That was how I felt when I started sitting down, then sifting through ALL the entries we received for our celebratory 100,000 competition where we're giving away a whole set of Totally Rad Actions, and a hairpiece from Pin Me Up Couture, away for free :) I was amazed, and astounded at the incredible response we received (there were sooooooo many!), and just humbled that there is such an amazing community of photographers and blog readers. Thank you to ALL of you who took the time to write, share, and just introduce yourselves to me. It was beautiful to finally hear from people who had been visiting our little corner of the web for awhile, but was a little shy to let us know :) You are all amazing :)

Anyhow, I really have to ring out my apologies through and through, as this post was supposed to go up on tuesday, but as life has it, the little interruptions along the way stood between me and that last full stop I was intending to write. First with the flu, then with blackouts in the office, and then last night with a terrible case of food poisoning. In fact, I am still sitting here in bed, typing with a sore tummy from all the vomiting action that occurred last night. If it weren't for my husband, who took me to the clinic while I was clinging on to his arm in pain at 3am, then again at 5am, and then stayed with me until 11am to make sure I slept and was okay. I honestly don't think I would have survived the night as I did, without him :) I am able to sit here and blog, and do what I love, and what you get to see here, because of him :)

So... without further ado, here are the winners. Sadly, alot had to be eliminated because the entries didnt answer all the questions required for the giveaway. The entries only counted if you answered our questions properly. Regardless, it was REALLY REALLY REALLY hard to choose. I swear, if I could give 50 sets away, I easily could have, and it still would have been hard narrowing down the winners. And just to make sure there was no bias, I enlisted help to pick the winners below:


(1) Winner of the Pin Me Up Couture hairpiece:

MICHELLE CHONG
(we loved your entry, it was sweet, honest, and made us laugh. I hope the piece makes a beautiful addition to your wedding day photos! I want photos of it! :) )


(2) Winner of the TRA set: 

AJIRA DARCH-SHARP
(your entry was so lovely, cheerful, and really showed you read the blog and know what it and what I am all about. As well as what TRA is all about! I can't wait to see how TRA moulds and shapes how your photos look!)


And a special last giveaway to a third person: Aesthetic Awakenings
When we were sitting down reading the entries, we kept going back to yours. It was so heartfelt, real, and very inspiring. We'd love to send your way an itunes gift voucher to use at the itunes stores :) Thank you for gracing us with your beautiful message, it really was humbling and encouraging :)

To the winners, please email me your details:
(1) Email address
(2) Postal address

Thank you to everyone who was part of this! It was amazing and so fun! I don't think this will be the last time so stay tuned :) We received a lot of emails requesting for the 1 hour mentoring, but I still can't get over how conceited that sounds and because I dont want to look or sound, or BE a vain little thing, I might hold off. Unless some of you convince me otherwise hahaha :)

Thank you again beautifuls! 

xoxo


To those waiting for the next post, here is a sneak peak to the shoot I'll be blogging about in my next blog post, after I catch a few hours of shut eye! :)





6 comments:

Aesthetic Awakenings said...

Hey Jenny,

Thanks for the kind gift and thoughtful mention =)

I'm glad that in some small way, I am also able to encourage someone who has been such a great source of encouragement and inspiration...

May God continue to expand your influence and use u to be a blessing, far beyond your 'little corner of the web'...

Keep shooting, keep writing, and keep inspiring...

ajira said...

omg! OMG!! That's me... I won, I WON!!!! Yay!!! I am so happy it's not even funny. Actually it is. :-)

I've been checking your blog, hoping that you were feeling better, and also hoping that you had posted the winners... but never thought I'd won. When I saw my name after checking your blog one more time (on my phone) I squealed with almost delirious delight and startled my baby. LOL. Now he's just finding my glee amusing.

Thank you a thousand times. I am so excited about this, so excited. Thank you, thank you, thank you!!

ajira said...

I really am delirious... forget to say that any mentoring time with you would be fantabulous! I would definitely sign up for it... your willingness to share your skills and learnings is awesome and inspiring. And your work is all the credibility you need to prove you have something to teach. Seriously.

beyond69 said...

Congrats to both winners :)

Michelle said...

Hey there Jenny,

Sorry to hear that you're down with food poisoning, have plenty of good rest and get well soon. Bless your hubby for taking great care of you :)

Thank you so so much for the awesome vintage hairpiece! It's definitely a perfect addition for my upcoming special day and I'm ecstatic about it!! Most of all, I'm glad that my entry made u guys laugh...hope it brought bright tinkles to your day like how you brought to mine this morning.

I promise I'll send you the photos :D

pamelyn said...

Congratulations to the winners. You are a darling Jenny. Despite your busy schedule and being sick, you are still blessing others with your positive and enthusiastic spirit. I hope you will get well soon and God will continue to keep you and shine upon you. Take care.