Weddings Engagements Portraits Events Personal News Other Photography Photography Stuff Design Stuff Randoms!
My Website JSP Faqs World sunrise/ sunset times Time Zone converter World Clock Day/ Night world map




A big hi and hello to all of you out there! Thank you for stopping by Jenny Sun Photography's blog! This is my brand new blog space! So please make yourself at home, and have a good browse around. There is plenty more to come so check back often :) Just in case any of you are wondering who on earth I am, my name is Jenny Sun. I own a photography company that spans across Australia and Malaysia, particularly in the Sydney and Kuala Lumpur regions respectively. Though I'm not restricted to those areas! :) I love photographing just about anything under the sun, but my particular passion is for weddings and portraits - I seriously LOVE people, their stories, the beautiful relationships formed, and the tales that are told when that shutter goes off!

This blog is my personal and visual journey along this path of photography. Please hop on board the ride, comment along the way (I shamelessly love comments!), and lets see where the wind takes us :)




Friday, July 24, 2009

Julia and Brendan: Engagement


Cool. Sassy. Fabulous.

I love clients who embody the above qualities. I mean, seriously, who refers and recommends their friends to their photographer BEFORE they have had their photos taken? And BEFORE they've seen their wedding/engagement photos? Julia and Brendan did. They are THAT fabulous. And I can't thank and love 'em enough for that incredible trust and confidence :)

So on a breezy day, where the sky was enveloped in thick swirls of grey cotton candy, I had the pleasure of having them before my camera lens. And what a joy it was. To see their playful quirkiness, and their light hearted vivaciousness, all rolled into a sweet kind of love that is never too over the top, nor too hidden. So much so, that I knew that when it came to their wedding day, I would be greeted with snapshots that would be filled with the same measure of wonderful. You know, in that cool, sassy, fabulous kind of way :)

Here are a few of my favourites from their engagement session. The sun went hiding for our session, so it gave me a chance to process their images in a slightly different way. Don't worry, I'm not leaving my punchy colour style :) I'm just introducing more members into our processing family :)












These two had way too much fun on the swings! haha :)








A little detail.






I LOVE it when my clients laugh uncontrollably in front of the lens. I mean, why keep laughter hidden? Its such a beautiful thing :)


Then, God graced us with the sun. It came out to play with us for a little while, and I LOVED it! :)








Favourite :)


Have a gorgeous weekend everyone! :)

ps: I am still unwell today folks, but I am tackling our ever stubborn inbox again later this afternoon, so please bear with us! I've been unwell this week so its been a little crazy in our email world lately :) And winners of the comp, I'll be contacting you in the next few days!


6 comments:

ajira said...

Sorry you're still not 100%. Drink lots of fluids. That's my only tip for illness. :-) I think it helps flush out the toxins. That and eating loads of veggies/fruits/herbs/spices. :-)

Anyway, WONDERFUL pictures as always. I think the processing you chose really suited the couple. I adore the one where they're laughing unabashedly, it's glorious to see. Also like the last two a LOT, the greenery in the background just moves me... makes me think of love, growth, life... all that good stuff. A great background/foundation for a couple starting out into the incredible journey called marriage, you know?

jEt said...

You're supposed to be resting jenny!! Leave work for a while although we're always looking forward to admire your marvelous work. :)

Very brilliant shots although the sun hadn't been very friendly.

Rest well and yes, drink more and more water. :)

Linda Truong said...

Absolutely love this set! They are so hot!! You did such a great job as always!! I love the casual, funky, fun shoots you do!!!

Hope you are getting loads of rest. Praying for you hun!

Aya Smith said...

These are the most beautiful photos! :D

char said...

jenny ! your editting style has changed ! but love it :) timeless and pretty.

meifui said...

I am a frequent visitor of your blog and have been admiring your work for quite some time now.

I have seen the work of many photographers (especially the Signature's) but what I like about JSP is that you are one of the very, very few photographer who managed to capture the 'true' expressions of the couples you shot.

Just by looking at the photos, I can feel the love they have for each other. And I think that's what matters most in wedding photography.

Thank you for the wonderful photos and hope the sincere praises above can make you feel well again soon 9coz we can't wait for more great photos to be posted in your blog). Take care.