Weddings Engagements Portraits Events Personal News Other Photography Photography Stuff Design Stuff Randoms!
My Website JSP Faqs World sunrise/ sunset times Time Zone converter World Clock Day/ Night world map




A big hi and hello to all of you out there! Thank you for stopping by Jenny Sun Photography's blog! This is my brand new blog space! So please make yourself at home, and have a good browse around. There is plenty more to come so check back often :) Just in case any of you are wondering who on earth I am, my name is Jenny Sun. I own a photography company that spans across Australia and Malaysia, particularly in the Sydney and Kuala Lumpur regions respectively. Though I'm not restricted to those areas! :) I love photographing just about anything under the sun, but my particular passion is for weddings and portraits - I seriously LOVE people, their stories, the beautiful relationships formed, and the tales that are told when that shutter goes off!

This blog is my personal and visual journey along this path of photography. Please hop on board the ride, comment along the way (I shamelessly love comments!), and lets see where the wind takes us :)




Thursday, July 16, 2009

Alvin & Shinny: Engagement


Perhaps it was his boisterous laugh, or his effervescent nature. Maybe it was the mystery that lay behind her abashed smiles. Or the soft-spoken tones that lilted in the air when she spoke to him. Whatever it is, there is a fascinating enigma that sits behind such opposites attracting that really intrigues the curiosity inside me. I often wonder, and ask, how it is, that two such different people can still unite and love one another with a strength and a force that is to be reckoned with.

My theory, after years of mulling over the relational riddle, I believe opposites come together to compliment one another where the other lacks. And the more couples I see who fall into the 'opposites' attract bandwagon, the more I believe it rings true. The loud encourager will lift up and push forward the shy unsure one. The easy going natured, will calm and soothe the anxious one. The organized and planned, will help pull together the one who has big ideas but isn't sure how to realize them. I could go on.

For Alvin and Shinny, It was the proverbial case of the animated high spirited boy who met, caught, and then victoriously won the heart of the shy, demure girl next door. From their courtship days where they would sit side by side by the local lake, walk hand in hand amongst the busy college campus, they are now going to journey heart to heart as one, as husband and wife :)

I'll be shooting their wedding really soon!! So I thought, before that happens, it would be a fabulous idea to blog their engagement session which they did with me recently :) This is for all of you who don't believe you can get pretty light in Malaysia. Most people think because I shoot mainly in Australia, that's where I get all the good light. Well, I believe if you plan well, go to the right location, and with God's favour, miracles can happen :)

Thank you so much Alvin and Shinny for trusting me with your shoot and location for it!! :) You got the sunlight you wanted :D I can't wait to have you in front of my lens again on your big day!! :D

Here are my faves from the session:

Backlit yummy goodness!






I LOVE this shot. It was one of my favourites of the day.


Another favourite :)


The light was simply GLORIOUS that morning :)












I love my flare!! :D




Shinny is hands down stunning. Did you know she is also a fabulous makeup artist? Yes people, she did herself for this shoot :)




My favourite portrait of Shinny for the day. The light was just pefect! :D


Then a change to a casual theme :) I love casual shoots! :D




Alvin is also a photographer! Talk about pressure! Shooting a photographer AND a makeup artist! haha :) Here they are mucking around with their toy.












Girls with fabulous shoes are THE BEST. bold colours are awesome! :D




And lastly, hands down my FAVOURITE shot of the entire session. I've wanted to do this shot for awhile, but have been waiting for the right time, location, etc. This was perfect. Thanks Shinny. Your hand made hearts were the last ingredient I needed to finish a shot I've had in my head for a year :)


Have a beautiful day everyone! I'm sitting here writing this post with back aches and a headache, with international guests staying over, and I have a shoot to be at tomorrow, so bear with me as normality resumes in the JSP world! :D


24 comments:

Linda Truong said...

Absolutely love the last image.. Hands down my favourite shot all year! :P It's beautiful... Do you know how many hearts were there?

kay said...

OMG , seriusly malaysia ???

Anonymous said...

Lovely pictures can I marry her please?
HonestGuv

Leonard J.C. Lim said...

Awesome!! May I know where is the location of the shoot ah? Thanks!

Craig said...

Mmmmm back lit goodness!! Loving #5,6,7 .... I could go on. Amazing images that they can treasure for ever.

astherlauphotography said...

Ooohhh... love how u framed the couple with the giant bamboo trees! And yes! The last pic with the handmade hearts is just awesome.

Anonymous said...

Cool shooting a photographer and a makeup artist ... sound like another one is coming ... keke.. good one jenny *joe*

Anonymous said...

Your photos are impressive! :)

Leilani Techaira said...

the light is amazing, great work. I looove her shoes.

ღ♥Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღ Patricia Tan ღ♥Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღ♥ said...

That's Shinny Ong right? Our... school mate / classmate from seafield right? =x

Lol.... help me extend my congratulations to her =)

Perry R. Lim said...

What glorious light! What amazing eyes and technique to capture that light!! Great shots.

As always, thanks for sharing and inspiring.

ajira said...

I love the bamboo shot, how they are almost hidden but not at all, in all that greenery.

My favourite is the 5th on in the casual series. Such an intimate moment you captured, and it looks like they don't even know you're there. Just beautiful.

The last shot with the paper hearts is so sweet.

Beautiful, beautiful work!

sam said...

Amazing pictures as always, Jenny :)

Love them! :D :D

Shen said...

this series is so lovely. wow......

Sam a.k.a Chor Yau said...

I am anticipating this post! My ex-classmate's bro is in the pic! Jenny I lurve ur photos more and more! Ahhhhhhhhhh~ *Blissful*

dorion said...

wow! your photos are truly amazing :D

Deyla Huss Photography said...

OMG Jenny! this shoot is absolutely stunning, so gorgeous!! I have begged my bride & Grooms to go for the morning yummy light but most of them dont think they can get ready that early, HA! its is truly the best time for sessions like these. You rocked it girl!! Oh and I aodre the last image and those adorable hearts!!!

Yours Moment said...

Very nice. Good job, Jenny!

Anonymous said...

This place looks at Taiping Lake..

Joshua K said...

Sooooooo beautiful!!!

senorita said...

welldone, so beautiful, so lively :) nice one.

Nydia said...

Awesome job Jenny! I still can't believe this was shot in Malaysia! Hope u get well soon too :)

trish said...

Jen, absolutely adore this set the light is so lovely you just want to capture it in a bottle and keep it for ever! Beautiful location, and love the hearts shot too :)

tonnii said...

i really really like this set of photo.. so sunny... so colourful... and so amazing....
great job, Jenny!