Weddings Engagements Portraits Events Personal News Other Photography Photography Stuff Design Stuff Randoms!
My Website JSP Faqs World sunrise/ sunset times Time Zone converter World Clock Day/ Night world map




A big hi and hello to all of you out there! Thank you for stopping by Jenny Sun Photography's blog! This is my brand new blog space! So please make yourself at home, and have a good browse around. There is plenty more to come so check back often :) Just in case any of you are wondering who on earth I am, my name is Jenny Sun. I own a photography company that spans across Australia and Malaysia, particularly in the Sydney and Kuala Lumpur regions respectively. Though I'm not restricted to those areas! :) I love photographing just about anything under the sun, but my particular passion is for weddings and portraits - I seriously LOVE people, their stories, the beautiful relationships formed, and the tales that are told when that shutter goes off!

This blog is my personal and visual journey along this path of photography. Please hop on board the ride, comment along the way (I shamelessly love comments!), and lets see where the wind takes us :)




Thursday, July 9, 2009

Vintage is All the Rage!


If you are anything like me, you will be in LOVE with what is happening around the wedding scene these days. Everything from wedding dresses, to hairpieces, to jewellery, to wedding venues, to shoes, props, and entire wedding themes are moving back to the good old days. The days where lace ruled. Where embroidery and feathers were considered stunning. Where dress cuts were simple in an understated romantic sexy way, and where all things country-esque, and rural were considered beautiful.

You see, I LOVE everything vintage. I can't even begin to verbalize how much I love it when my brides tell me that they are playing with the 'romantic vintage' theme in their wedding choices. I know that their wedding photos will turn out fabulously because this theme is timeless. Its a style that never seems to go out of fashion, and it merges today, with everything we considered beautiful in the old world.

So my brides, if you are using the vintage, romantic, country theme in your shoot with me, know that you will have a very very happy photographer that will end up snapping a billion frames! I am as much obsessed (and fussy! hehe) about fashion and styling in my shoots as I am about how the photos look like because I know that styling adds a huge important factor to how the end photos will look like. That right! Everything from your dress style/cut/material, shoes, accessories, flower design, props, and the like ALL add (or can subtract) to the final impact of your photos. So never hesitate to ask me for advice :) Its one of the benefits being a girl and a photographer - we love our love clothes and fashion and all things beautiful, as much as our photos :D

Here is a bride we shot very recently, who has fantastic taste, and added that vintage flair to her shoot by using a birdcage veil. LOVE it!! I recently got given some FABULOUS birdcage pieces from an amazing vendor in the states :) Tune in tomorrow to find out who it is, and what some of their work looks like! :D For now, enjoy the photo below! :D





4 comments:

Wendy said...

aww.... i just ordered a birdcage veil as well!! Hopefully it's in time for the shoot.

Yun Qi said...

Wow... this image is absolutely gorgeous. Mind you, I don't easily say this, I think it's really good

Ashley said...

She is a friend of mine. This picture is very very well taken! Can't wait to see the rest of her photos! Thanks for sharing!

CY said...

My beautiful sister.. she looks absolutely stunning! Fabulous shoot, Jenny..