Weddings Engagements Portraits Events Personal News Other Photography Photography Stuff Design Stuff Randoms!
My Website JSP Faqs World sunrise/ sunset times Time Zone converter World Clock Day/ Night world map




A big hi and hello to all of you out there! Thank you for stopping by Jenny Sun Photography's blog! This is my brand new blog space! So please make yourself at home, and have a good browse around. There is plenty more to come so check back often :) Just in case any of you are wondering who on earth I am, my name is Jenny Sun. I own a photography company that spans across Australia and Malaysia, particularly in the Sydney and Kuala Lumpur regions respectively. Though I'm not restricted to those areas! :) I love photographing just about anything under the sun, but my particular passion is for weddings and portraits - I seriously LOVE people, their stories, the beautiful relationships formed, and the tales that are told when that shutter goes off!

This blog is my personal and visual journey along this path of photography. Please hop on board the ride, comment along the way (I shamelessly love comments!), and lets see where the wind takes us :)




Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Ken and Valerie: Engagement


If you've not noticed yet, posts on my blog, my presence on facebook, and time in front of the computer in general, has been sparsely erratic in the past few weeks. I thought I'd better explain here why I've been a bit here and there for the last couple of weeks - since I've returned home, I've had the misfortune of experiencing a twisted neck which is taking longer than expected to heal. As a result, I've had to cancel/shift/move meetings and shoots (if you haven't heard from me personally, don't worry! It means your shoot is still on and all A-OKAY to go ahead!) to allow myself time to rest, heal, and recover. It has also meant I havent been able to spend prolonged periods of time in front of my computer as staring at the screen and keep my neck held up has been quite painful.

The good news is...!

(1) I'm getting better! And I should be resuming normality by next week. Yes, that means emails, blogs, and the like :)
(2) I can put a quick blog post up today!

Ken and Valerie are getting married in a few short weeks in KL, and when they told me they wanted to join me in Melbourne for their pre-wedding, I was buzzing with excitement! Not really because it was in Melbourne (although it is a BEAUTIFUL city!), but because they wanted to really document their love story. That is, they wanted to take me to the places they used to hang out, dine, date, and laugh while they fell in love.

I thought to myself - what an incredible honor! No, really. To be taken to the spots where clients of mine have been and shared beautiful memories is incredibly fabulous, and so truly special. I knew that meant the photos would have doubly special meanings for the both of them, not just having it in a pretty place, but having it in pretty places that would later on conjure up images of love, happiness, and warmth - I sighed and then smiled, because I knew that photos taken in this manner meant that no matter what they would wear, or what the weather would be like, or how many people would be around, it would just be perfect. Perfect in that nostalgic, sentimental, and happily reminiscent kind of way.

And that's what it should all be about :)

Thank you Ken and Valerie for trusting me with your precious memories! You were both wonderful, so natural with one another, and you laugh in uber cool amounts! Which is like, THE best! I can't wait to have you in front of my lens again in a few weeks time! :)

Here are a few of my faves :)

I won't tell you what they were laughing about hehe, it was a blooper moment!










This ended up being one of my fave shots of the day.


Playing with something a bit more vintage.


We stole some chairs and tables for like 5 seconds from a cafe to get this shot. Ok, no we didn't steal... we borrowed :P


This is TOTALLY candid. I promise. Ken and Valerie are so sweet.. Ken likes to twirl her, and giver her just because kisses every now and then. I thought it was just awesome :)


See what I mean? These two laugh in uber cool amounts!! :D








Apparently, Ken and Valerie ate here as students. The food is nice :)


And there's that random twirl thing that Ken likes to do to Val! :)












Okay, ken and val, please DONT hate me. This photo is cheesy as, but it makes me laugh out loud every time I see it. We (i really mean 'i'), thought it was hilarious that they were two asians, from overseas, in front of an asian restaurant... so what better thing to do than the cheesy asian peace sign right? lol! I'm so lame, it hurts :P I promise I do not do this at all shoots, this was a rare occurence :)


Here is val workin' it!


Can you believe the following shots were taken at a rubbish dumb site?!?! we randomly walked past and thought what a cool background! Only to find there were rubbish trucks wanting to reverse in later to throw all their trash!




I love the lines and melbourne tram in the background :)








I love these last two shots. The last one in particular. There is an earthiness thats so natural in them, so much so I'd hang in on MY walls! :D




Happy Wednesday everyone! I promise I will get to all your emails soon. I've been fighting a crazy battle this past week with my injury and the like, so bear with me :) Much love for your awesome understanding :)


20 comments:

joshua k said...

wohooo! Nice shots!!

sue said...

Yaaay, streets of Melbourne :D I ate there at supper in as a student too! Love those late night porridge binges :P

trish said...

oooh colour bursts are cool, and those square coloured panels in the dump site are awesome !! Love the natural beach shots, I think they are my faves :)


Hope you get fully better soon xx

astherlauphotography said...

Yummilicious!

Andrew said...

Found your blog through other photographers... Love your images, really great stuff. This shoot in Melbourne has it all :)

Tammy said...

The 2nd last one is my fave :)
Get well soon!

bengyeam said...

its worth a long wait to see another great work from u~

Amy said...

great shots!...its weird that as I went through these shots, I felt an overwhelming sense of "So Meant to Be Together-ness" exuberating from them...hehehe

Anonymous said...

amazing! your model are so sharp, how u make it...

maye.

Anonymous said...

hi, jenny your shots is so amazing...splendid.
{lkw}

Sam a.k.a Chor Yau said...

This pair is by far the sweetest pair I've ever seen on ur blog! And hey, the colour of the pics are just vivid! Envy u have that 5D Mark II at ur disposal. ~.~ Good pics! keep it up jenny


Sincerely,
An amateur photographer. =)

Jenny Sun said...

@sam: thank u so much! That was such a nice thing to say. We are only ever as good as our clients and these were some of the best :D Btw, I was still using my 5D1 for this shoot :) But I'll post pics of my 5D11 shoots soon :)

lauren said...

Gorgeous, as usual! Love the rubbish dump ones - the colour is awesome.

Johan Sopiee said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Johan Sopiee said...

your work is lovely, Jenny! i'm green with envy. and you're going from strength to strength. Bravo!

Robin Ng said...

hi Jenny, love this series too! feel the romance and happiness in them....they r so blessed to have you!

Anonymous said...

very very nice jenny!

Tonya Peterson said...

absolutely beautiful

Geoff said...

Hi, I just discovered your Blog, and WOW, you are really good.

Huey Yoong said...

OMG Melbourne Uni campus, streets of Melb, Supper Inn - you're sooooo making me miss Melbourne! Cant wait to be back soon :)

Keep up the great work babe!

xxx Huey