Weddings Engagements Portraits Events Personal News Other Photography Photography Stuff Design Stuff Randoms!
My Website JSP Faqs World sunrise/ sunset times Time Zone converter World Clock Day/ Night world map




A big hi and hello to all of you out there! Thank you for stopping by Jenny Sun Photography's blog! This is my brand new blog space! So please make yourself at home, and have a good browse around. There is plenty more to come so check back often :) Just in case any of you are wondering who on earth I am, my name is Jenny Sun. I own a photography company that spans across Australia and Malaysia, particularly in the Sydney and Kuala Lumpur regions respectively. Though I'm not restricted to those areas! :) I love photographing just about anything under the sun, but my particular passion is for weddings and portraits - I seriously LOVE people, their stories, the beautiful relationships formed, and the tales that are told when that shutter goes off!

This blog is my personal and visual journey along this path of photography. Please hop on board the ride, comment along the way (I shamelessly love comments!), and lets see where the wind takes us :)




Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Josh and Grace: Engagement


There are certain people that just have it. You know, that likeable aura. That special IT factor. Hidden underneath it, you discover uber amounts of smiles, sweetness, and an uncanny ability to just warm your heart with all their quirks, charms, and little idiosyncrasies.

Josh and Grace had it.

From the moment we all sat down that amiable morning, where the honey rays from the sun spilled gently across our skin, I was beguiled and taken in an instance. Their bright and animated verbosity, Grace's sparkling giggles, and Josh's sunny persona, all mixed in had cooked a recipe that had me at hello. They had me at hello. And I couldn't be more thrilled to be documenting their love and marriage later this month in the beautiful grounds of the Hunter Valley. The place has an incredible soft spot in my heart, as that is where my husband and I went for the first leg of our honeymoon and we only hold the fondest memories.

Josh and Grace joined us one really glorious afternoon where the sun bore is full golden beauty upon us, for their engagement session. In the streets. :) I love it when clients allow my nutty taste explore new and fresh territory in the most random of ways. The result? We found the most delightful and colourful little corners that just begged to be photographed, and I couldn't be more happy. Sun and colour is truly a match made in heaven when it comes to my time behind the camera!! :D

Thank you so much for such an awesome time together Josh and Grace! i LOVED your style, and your thoughtful additions to the shoot... your props were so flippin awesome I just wanted to hug you!! :D See you in a couple of weeks! :D

Here are my favourite takes from that afternoon :)

(just a note that I have been falling more and more in love with the vintage side of colour processing, so you will see some of the fruit of my tinkering and experimentation in this set! Do let me know what you think of it!)

This director's take thing was their idea! See why I love these guys?!? :D










Grace's smile is just stunning. No? YES! :D






Playing with those funky little balloons they had! :D








How cute are they? :D


Showing us a little camera magic :D










I just LOVE the below picture... there is a breezy happiness that's just infectious! :D














There was some BEAUTIFUL light in this alley... just look.. I just HAD to play!




This was probably one of my favourite shots all day...


These next two shots are just to prove you don't need a glamorous cool place to shoot to get a shot you are after :) We shot this on the curb side on cement! That's right, cars were literally driving right past us! :P









And lastly, a HUGE HUGE shoutout to my favourite videographers in Australia (and also very fond friends of mine!) - Moudanie Pictures :) This is Evro, the mastermind behind the gorgeous films you see on his site. I love working with you and Helen! can't wait til our next assignment together!! :D


In my next post, there will be a really BIG and EXCITING piece of news that I'll be announcing so do stay tuned for that!! Blink, and you WILL be sorry you missed it, really!

Have a gorgeous tuesday everyone!



11 comments:

yungyaw said...

Fabulous series! Love your new processing. You have made them into actions? I love those shots that the camera flares in a nice way.

I'm sure the couple will be extremely happy when they see these shots.

Joanna said...

ooooh balloons!!!!

Amy said...

Love the vintage processing!!!...:)..great set!

astherlauphotography said...

Love the balloon series! Especially the 2nd photo cos if u see closely, there's a little flare on one of the balloon! ;)

Beautiful new post-processing style. U should sell your actions one day! ;)

Aun Thiam said...

keep up the good work! :) cheers!

Wiki Lee said...

your shots (and the editing) getting better and better jen.... go the sun :D

Wendy said...

Oh Jenny! Fabulous pictures! Loves the vintage-y feel of the picture! Can't wait for our session next month!

Phil Thornton said...

Just love the coloring in all of these. Especially love the "breezy happiness" shot you mentioned. Great stuff!

lauren said...

Awesome Jen!

LeleGreen said...

These are fantastic!!! I've wanted to do balloon pictures for the longest time! I absolutely love her dress too.

Seriously, can you find out where she got it?

GoodLifeFrontier said...

The light used in this series is timeless & perfect sculpting. What a great story they can tell for generations. lovely.