Weddings Engagements Portraits Events Personal News Other Photography Photography Stuff Design Stuff Randoms!
My Website JSP Faqs World sunrise/ sunset times Time Zone converter World Clock Day/ Night world map




A big hi and hello to all of you out there! Thank you for stopping by Jenny Sun Photography's blog! This is my brand new blog space! So please make yourself at home, and have a good browse around. There is plenty more to come so check back often :) Just in case any of you are wondering who on earth I am, my name is Jenny Sun. I own a photography company that spans across Australia and Malaysia, particularly in the Sydney and Kuala Lumpur regions respectively. Though I'm not restricted to those areas! :) I love photographing just about anything under the sun, but my particular passion is for weddings and portraits - I seriously LOVE people, their stories, the beautiful relationships formed, and the tales that are told when that shutter goes off!

This blog is my personal and visual journey along this path of photography. Please hop on board the ride, comment along the way (I shamelessly love comments!), and lets see where the wind takes us :)




Friday, June 5, 2009

Youtube Friday Goodies, and next week's preview :)


I usually love leaving these delicious audio bites for the end of the week, because we all deserve something a little pleasant at the cusp of a series of days that involve sweat and toil right? :)

Anyhow, those that read this blog space will know I am OBSESSED with music. Seriously, if I wasn't a photographer, I would probably have picked up the guitar or continued playing the piano and just written songs to sing. Okay, so you know that's just a pipe dream :P But you get the idea :) I loved music so much while growing up that I tried getting jobs at local CD stores, and even aspired to be a music reviewer and an A&R manager (these are the people whose job it is to go out and look for new talent. Its like scouts, but for music!). And as I got older, I developed a knack for being able to guess which songs from any album (except for hip hop) would become singles (I was usually anywhere between 80 to 90% correct) . I was, and I still am obsessed with the audio and melodic world :) So much so, that I take inspiration from it for my photography work in various forms. Truly, Madly, Deeply.

So I hope that gives you a better idea behind this crazy little indulgence of mine, and understand why this topic creeps up so frequently, and why I feel so compelled to share :) Besides, I always guarantee they are good, and if they are not, you can promptly tell me my ears suck! But I am almost 100% sure that won't happen :)

Today, I leave you with an artist I accidently fell in love with all over again. Her name randomly came up on my itunes today and I swear it must have been over a year since I had heard her tunes. These two are my hands down favourite. I promise you WILL love them. And if you don't press play, you are going to totally regret it!! I mean that! :) Presenting, the uberly talented songstress, Lucie Silvas:

Remember Me
(For all of you who has ever left someone behind, or been left behind)


Forget Me Not
(Has the memory of someone been so blazing, that one encounter was enough to forge them forever in your mind?)



Place To Hide
(Telling someone you'll be there for them, no matter what)



And since you are all visiting this blogspace to see new pictures, here is a preview for what I'll be showing next week :) People have been asking for some of the weddings I've been shooting in KL, so here's a sneak peak of one!

Have a beautiful weekend everyone! Its gonna be a nutter of a weekend for me, but exciting nonetheless! :)



ps: I'm still playing catch up with all the messages I'm getting. ALL my inboxes are in crazy full status (and I mean ALL - that includes facebook and twitter DMs too!) - Bear with me, I should be able to get through most of it in the next couple of days. Thanks for your awesome understanding!! :)

2 comments:

Deyla Huss said...

Jenny!!! Thanks for sharing some youtube! I listened to it during my morning edits! When are you coming ova to the states girl!!?

Nydia said...

As always, I love the song list you post :)

I still remember the first time I heard Lucie Silvas (What you're made of), it instantly made me adore the music and voice :)

and I do that too!!! I like going through albums and predict which of the songs would be the artist's next big hit!! It's nice knowing someone else does it too.