Weddings Engagements Portraits Events Personal News Other Photography Photography Stuff Design Stuff Randoms!
My Website JSP Faqs World sunrise/ sunset times Time Zone converter World Clock Day/ Night world map




A big hi and hello to all of you out there! Thank you for stopping by Jenny Sun Photography's blog! This is my brand new blog space! So please make yourself at home, and have a good browse around. There is plenty more to come so check back often :) Just in case any of you are wondering who on earth I am, my name is Jenny Sun. I own a photography company that spans across Australia and Malaysia, particularly in the Sydney and Kuala Lumpur regions respectively. Though I'm not restricted to those areas! :) I love photographing just about anything under the sun, but my particular passion is for weddings and portraits - I seriously LOVE people, their stories, the beautiful relationships formed, and the tales that are told when that shutter goes off!

This blog is my personal and visual journey along this path of photography. Please hop on board the ride, comment along the way (I shamelessly love comments!), and lets see where the wind takes us :)




Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Suzanne and Pierre: Wedding


There is a gentle simplicity in the air that surrounded them. Like the pretty way that yellow flowers look when swaying in the summer breeze, or the feeling you get when your favourite chocolate melts down your throat after a hearty meal. They are instantly likeable, and warm, and comfortable in a way that is completely effortless and uncomplicated. Perhaps it was Suzanne's smile which radiated an abundant aura of sweetness. Or maybe it was the way Pierre spoke, whose tones were always thoughtful and full of heart. Whatever it was, I loved them immediately.

You couldn't meet two more kind and beautiful people, and when they told me they wanted their wedding to be really casual, laid back, and completely candid, I was smitten! My kind of wedding! There's nothing I love more than weddings that are simple in nature, and are more about enjoying the company of close family and friends than putting on a grand show. I love both kinds of weddings, but I have to admit, I have a very soft spot for the former :)

Suzanne and Pierre wed, one sunny and very windy afternoon in Sydney at St Thomas' Anglican Church (which is a GORGEOUS church by the way), and then relaxed the evening away at the idyllic Athol Hall at Taronga Zoo (which had lovely views of the harbour as the sun made its descent) with the people they loved most in their lives. They laughed, let the glasses click together, kissed, and let the love they had for each other trickle across the room in that instantly likeable, warm, and comfortable way, this time as one.

Thank you so much Suzanne and Pierre for the beautiful pleasure of having me at your wedding. You and your families were both wonderful...there was so much love, and kindness, it was a real honor to be part of it all. I hope you are both enjoying married life! :)

Here are some of my favourite images from the day. This wedding felt so classically 'b&w' in so many ways due to the candid nature of the day, I decided to play around a bit more with b&w tones :) Enjoy!






Did I mentioned that Suzanne has the sweetest smile?! :D


I LOVED this mirror. It was so fun to play with during the prep!






One of my favourite shots of the day.


I love photos where you can see several things going on! It brings back slight flashbacks of my love for the "Where's Wally" books.




I wasn't exaggerating when I said St Thomas' Anglican is a stunning church. Probably one of my favourite to shoot in, in Sydney.








Suzanne's mother, as she was coming down the isle.


These shots happen at every wedding, but this one was special to me because Suzanne came down the isle on her own. Her father couldn't be there.












You thought I was kidding when I said it was windy that afternoon? nuh-uh!! Look at this! I thought this shot was hilarious! :D


Pierre and Suzanne requested for no posed photos on the day, so we didn't really shoot much, but I managed to squeeze this in! :D


Cocktail hour.


Details at Athol Hall.


Suzanne and Pierre love cats, their cake is a testimony to it :)


We didn't stay for much of the reception, but while we did, I loved moments like this.


And here is that view I was talking about. Snapped it on the way out that evening :)


Alright, thats it from me for today. This past weekend I didn't sleep for almost 48 hours (yes, that meant I was at the Signature Photographer's workshop this past weekend with NO sleep. I think I looked horrid in the photos :( but the good news is, I stayed true to my promise to be completely myself when I gave my talk and as I result, I felt much better about it!), and when I finally did, I crashed. Like BIG time. I'm still recovering.

Needless to day, I'm working on getting my health back up to shape, so tonight, I'm going to the gym and spending 1 hour there to do cardio and light muscle training. Back soon! :)




8 comments:

Gina said...

Beautiful set, Jenny!!

geminie said...

I have a newfound respect and appreciate for photographers that can capture incredibly beautiful ceremony photos like you. It looks so easy but it's soo soo hard! Well for me right now at least. I just finished my first 2 weddings, the first was in the Dominican the second at a small dark church.

I was wondering where the photos taken in the church lit with natural light or did you use something else as well?

They're all stunning :D

geminie said...

argh.. I meant to say **appreciation**

She Escobar said...

Another set of gorgeous photos! Love em! You are SO SO SO good!

oneshotbeyond said...

fabulous job on these. I love the cake-never seen anything like that!

Agnes Sim said...

wow.. those pics are so nice. great job

Jackie Beale said...

hey there! I just clicked on your link that was posted on j* blog comments. I guess b/c you were the first to comment on her post today :) Your work is really amazing. I love your blue skies. How do you get them like that? I have TRA actions, both of them, but I can never get my skies that blue. Thanks so much!

Grace Tan said...

Great set of photos. I love the lighting and the expressions that you managed to capture. Keep on being the inspiration that you are to many out there.