Weddings Engagements Portraits Events Personal News Other Photography Photography Stuff Design Stuff Randoms!
My Website JSP Faqs World sunrise/ sunset times Time Zone converter World Clock Day/ Night world map




A big hi and hello to all of you out there! Thank you for stopping by Jenny Sun Photography's blog! This is my brand new blog space! So please make yourself at home, and have a good browse around. There is plenty more to come so check back often :) Just in case any of you are wondering who on earth I am, my name is Jenny Sun. I own a photography company that spans across Australia and Malaysia, particularly in the Sydney and Kuala Lumpur regions respectively. Though I'm not restricted to those areas! :) I love photographing just about anything under the sun, but my particular passion is for weddings and portraits - I seriously LOVE people, their stories, the beautiful relationships formed, and the tales that are told when that shutter goes off!

This blog is my personal and visual journey along this path of photography. Please hop on board the ride, comment along the way (I shamelessly love comments!), and lets see where the wind takes us :)




Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Cool Dance movies are the best!


Sadly, I am still sick, with my nose blocked on one side and runny on the other. This has meant I've been forced to stay at home until I recover, so I don't go and spread this nasty little virus around. And apparently it has been going around. Is it just me? Or has EVERYONE been getting sick lately? I've been reading the facebook statuses and its either coughing, sneezing, or some form of a cold/flu that has hit us!

Anyhow, I figured while I am waiting to get better, I'd share something I came across lately. On my latest plane trip, I had the utmost misfortune of watching "Revolutionary Road". Now, don't get me wrong or anything - the movie's plot is interesting and unique, and the acting is out of this world fantastic (come on!! Kate Winslet and Leo DiCaprio?? :) ), but it is nothing like their previous golden screen encounter. This movie was depressing... like pits of the earth depressing, and in a very scary and almost sadistic way. I finished the movie feeling sick, disgusted, depressed, and very afraid. It is a movie that paints a (sadly) real and broken view of relationships. So being a wedding photographer, and a romantic at heart at that (!!), this movie did unwelcome twists in my mind.

So what does one do, when their mind is being poisoned by a way too depressing movie? She goes out and shamelessly rents whatever happy, funny, romantic, movie she can find with not so great acting :) And boy, was I happy with what I found!

On top of the pack, was Center Stage: Turn it Up, the sequel to the first Center Stage. I have to admit, I found the first installment a little cheesy, and the acting not much better, but I picked up the sequel anyway because I always love movies that fuse together some modern dancing and ballet (errr, hello "Honey"! and "Step Up" which were totally awesome!!). The moves tend to really rock your world! :D

Here is one of my favourite scenes from Center Stage: Turn it Up. Its ever so cute, funky, and flirty. Plus its accommpanied by one of the coolest dance tracks I've heard in ages!! I love it when I see choreographed dances that look so unstaged and totally done on the fly! :)

Anyway, enjoy!! The cool little dance moves made ME want to go back to my dance classes!! :)




And for those who are curious which dance scenes made it to the top of my list, ever, they are from the Step Up movie. Here they are!! :) I'm no dance expert, so if you find my taste bad, sorry! But this is my blog, so I'll share whatever I feel like :P
The backlighting in the first clip, has a soft spot in my heart. Its so beautifully filmed in GREAT light! :)


I've never seen club grooving like this before. Or heard music so awesomely paired with it! :)


The grand finale. Awesome. Seriously. The changeover in the middle is incredible! :)


Alright, back to work and ticking off bits of my to-do-list today, while rubbing my nose endlessly with tissues!


4 comments:

Joel said...

all my favourite scenes. have them all on dvd.

not sure about the first one though.

trish said...

Can't believe Joel beat me to commenting on this post. For the record he has not seen Center Stage: Turn it up coz I only saw it on the couch of my friends apartment a fortnight ago :P

Awesome feelgood movies, also feelfat movies. And makes you wanna dance. Although not quite the same genre, Stick It makes for good entertainment too if you're stuck in bed!

Get better soon!

Amanda said...

Your a girl after my own heart LOL. I am always happy to find someone who loves dance movies as much as I. I am going to post a scene to your FB that I think is one of the best ever. Check it out.

Jenny Sun said...

@ Joel: yayyy! Another person who knows what I am raving about! The first clip is from "Center Stage: Turn It On" - my sister and I enjoyed it thoroughly!! The moves are pretty cool. Well, in my novice eyes, I thought so. I'm no expert :) Step Up's choreography still rocks my socks better than any other I've seen though! :)

ps: For those wondering, I am NOT a fan of "So You Think You Can Dance". Ironic eh? ;)