Weddings Engagements Portraits Events Personal News Other Photography Photography Stuff Design Stuff Randoms!
My Website JSP Faqs World sunrise/ sunset times Time Zone converter World Clock Day/ Night world map




A big hi and hello to all of you out there! Thank you for stopping by Jenny Sun Photography's blog! This is my brand new blog space! So please make yourself at home, and have a good browse around. There is plenty more to come so check back often :) Just in case any of you are wondering who on earth I am, my name is Jenny Sun. I own a photography company that spans across Australia and Malaysia, particularly in the Sydney and Kuala Lumpur regions respectively. Though I'm not restricted to those areas! :) I love photographing just about anything under the sun, but my particular passion is for weddings and portraits - I seriously LOVE people, their stories, the beautiful relationships formed, and the tales that are told when that shutter goes off!

This blog is my personal and visual journey along this path of photography. Please hop on board the ride, comment along the way (I shamelessly love comments!), and lets see where the wind takes us :)




Friday, May 15, 2009

Autumn and our Creator


I was walking in between locations on a shoot a few days ago, leading the bride and groom to the next spot to be photographed, when I stumbled upon this.



It reminded me why I love Autumn so much, and why it is my favourite season of the entire year). The light was just incredibly beautiful, and the colours so gorgeous. I stopped for a brief moment while snapping this, in awe, at God's marvelous creation... and thanked Him for allowing me to enjoy the seasons one by one. Month by month.

I know I am completely blessed to be allowed to shoot across two entirely different climates and cultures, which only proves to me that God's grace is incredible. Why He has given me such a privilege, is an utter mystery, but I praise and thank Him so much. I don't deserve any of it, which just emphasizes just how amazing our Creator is.

It's like those famous lyrics from Michael W. Smith's song (you have to hear it. Its goosebump worthy inspiring, no kidding) goes "Our God, is an Awesome God" He is an awesome God indeed.

Thank you for breathing life into our existence, and for giving us more than we deserve, for gracing us more than we deserve...and for ultimately loving us more than we deserve in Christ your Son. You are truly awesome. I only hope more people will see you the way I see you, and understand why. That is the ultimate privilege in life.

----

Next post will have photos from a shoot, promise :) I am in quite a lot of pain from my twisted neck, so holding my head up while editing and emailing is very very straining at the moment.


7 comments:

Joanna said...

autumn is my favourite too! I hate summer though :)

hmm... does this photo have a regency feel to it?

Jenny Sun said...

@Joanna: what is a 'regency feel'? Sorry if that was a really dumb question! :)

oneshotbeyond said...

autumn is one of the most beautiful times of year in most places. For me it's winter scenes that I love the most...probably b/c I get to enjoy so very few of them being in So Cal.

Your photo shows off nature's brilliance!

begineer said...

hi jenny, would you mind to share that what camera that u usually used. and which camera would you recommend to a beginner.

Jenny Sun said...

@beginner: The shot was taken with my canon 5D :) If you are a beginner and looking for a camera to start with, the canon 450D or Nikon D70/80 is probably ur best bet. Although it really depends on what you want to shoot and how seriously you want to pursue it. If you are a serious hobbyist and you want a camera that will take you the extra distance, then the canon 50D or the Nikon D300 is a good option :) Plus, invest in a good lens. I'd take a good lens over a good camera anyday. Hope that helps!

Joanna said...

hey jen! re: "regency"
the building in the background plus the tree made me think of the Regency period back in the ages... sort of Jane Austen (the building sort of reminded me of Pemberley in the Pride & Prejudice movie starring Keira Knightley)... and sort of the Lord something something, Duke something something :) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/English_Regency

krizalis said...

@beginner & @Jenny Sun: I'm a photographer hobbyist and I currently have a Sony DSLR Alpha-200.. I think Sony's Alpha ranges are good for beginners too :) Plus, Sony has very good photographic communities too :) they have workshops and stuff so beginners can get to learn a lot and experience a lot as well! But of course, the ultimate choice is up to you :) I agree with Jenny that getting a good lens over a good cam is always the right choice :P