Weddings Engagements Portraits Events Personal News Other Photography Photography Stuff Design Stuff Randoms!
My Website JSP Faqs World sunrise/ sunset times Time Zone converter World Clock Day/ Night world map




A big hi and hello to all of you out there! Thank you for stopping by Jenny Sun Photography's blog! This is my brand new blog space! So please make yourself at home, and have a good browse around. There is plenty more to come so check back often :) Just in case any of you are wondering who on earth I am, my name is Jenny Sun. I own a photography company that spans across Australia and Malaysia, particularly in the Sydney and Kuala Lumpur regions respectively. Though I'm not restricted to those areas! :) I love photographing just about anything under the sun, but my particular passion is for weddings and portraits - I seriously LOVE people, their stories, the beautiful relationships formed, and the tales that are told when that shutter goes off!

This blog is my personal and visual journey along this path of photography. Please hop on board the ride, comment along the way (I shamelessly love comments!), and lets see where the wind takes us :)




Thursday, May 7, 2009

Daren and Peggy: Engagement


This post is a big one. It's to make up for the high possibility that I may not be able to get internet access or time on my computer for the next week or so.

WHAT?! I hear you say? No time on the computer!??

For a photographer, that's pretty extreme. Yes, life is that crazy. I really need to finish up this week, and just take time out from the outside world because I fear if I don't, I may just lose my sanity drop my drop. And with my health in shabby state (i know! Boo to this awful flu bug going around. I got it twice this month, which is more than my fair share! So not fair right??), I need desperately to preserve it for the shoots I have coming up, the editing that is on our to-do-list, and the emails I am going to TACKLE for good in the 24 to 48 hours :)

For now, enjoy this session that I shot recently :)

I was extremely nervous... like, pull-your-hair kind of nervous for this shoot, because I was going to have another PHOTOGRAPHER on the other end, with his better half. I just couldn't get my head around the fact that the person on the other side of my camera would actually understand and see all the little idiosyncrasies in the way I shoot, talk, see the light, and so on. It's like being put under a microscope, and then being poked.

Thankfully, Daren and Peggy were absolutely lovely, and were nothing like my silly little fears liked to paint in my mind. In fact, for a couple that have been together for a milestone and mention-worthy 10 years, the way they were with each other before the camera was just a touch of magic. I always respect couples who have been together for eons, because in this day and age where relationships don't last longer than the next television commercial, being in a committed relationship that stands the test of time is a remarkable and beautiful thing. But what astounds me even more is when I meet couples who fall in this category, yet interact with one another as if they had just started their love story together.

It really is magical.

Thank you Daren and Peggy for being so awesome. I loved having you both in front of my camera, and thank you for having so much confidence and belief in me. More than I had in myself. I hope these photos bring back beautiful memories in another 10 years time, and I hope by then you will only be more in love with each other than you are already :) I'll always remember you wedding anniversary because it shares the same date as my birthday!

Here are some of my favourites:

There's nothing lovelier than a bit of beautiful backlit light :)






Its moments like these on my shoots that are totally candid. I promise :)










Isn't Peggy gorgeous?? :)










Playing around just a little with her fairy like dress.








Okay, so you guys KNOW I don't shoot wide. In fact, its sometimes a little uncomfortable for me because its so different from my usual style. But I do like to venture and play a little when the eye yells at me to :)




I absolutely ADORE the colour in the next few photos. We came across some really fun corners that just begged to be shot, and I just couldn't help myself!




Then it was off to the streets to have a bit of casual fun :)




Okay, I KNOW the below photo is totally NOT in focus for the most part, so before you berate me for it, I put it here because I love the candid emotion in it. I love seeing my clients have fun, and to me, that kind of energy beats any posed piece of art in my books :)


Woohoo! More and more colour! And its dirty urban, which made it all the more fun! :)




I never really ever do these kind of shots, because I am not one of those photographers who just does certain shots for the sake of doing them. I really need the right backdrop for shots like this, and when we walked past this, I thought - how fun! It was hilarious to wait for all the buses, cars, and people zooming by to get a few clear frames. How funny are these two! :D


Then we ended the session in some casual gear. This session was all about colour, which I just LOVE!! :) What a way to end a day in true JSP style :)






Another rare wide-ish shot.










To see more photos, watch their slideshow below!! :D



And before I forget, Daren is a photographer as well! Check out his work here!

17 comments:

pamelyn said...

Love the creative and colourful shots. Take care Jenny and hope you'll regain good health from all the bug flu soon. Do have a wonderful birthday this weekend. I look forward to more when you are refreshed from a good rest.

Lauren Leffler said...

Wow! Absolutely amazing!

Linda Truong said...

I love this set, Jenny.. The colours, the intimacy oozes out of each image. Massive fan!

trish said...

Hot hot hot!! These are so fun and colourful and beautiful and you did an awesome job :) How lucky to have two whole countries to take photos in, Malaysia looks heaps fun I will have to jump in your suitcase and joing you there one day hehe!

jazzmint said...

love the photos...care to share where u shot in malaysia?

Peggy said...

:) ALL SMILE when we see the photos and we couldn't express how grateful to have you shooting for us and thank you so much for the effort that you have put in to make this happen. We just love all the photos so much and these beautiful memories will last for a lifetime (not just another 10 years :)

Happy birthday to you in advance and may you a wonderful celebration ahead. Cheers!

Tammy said...

jenny you outdid yourself again! :) I love this set, the light was amazing!! And yes, she IS gorgeous!
I'm totally amazed that the first setting is in KL?! Where!? Also, i enjoyed the Petaling St pics cos i was scared to take photos there last time (thought i'd get robbed hehe!)

natt said...

gorgeous photos jen =)
wide ones are equally as great as all your usual work =)

edwintan said...

yet, another inspiring shoots to me...ichiban!!!! ya wo. nvr hv chance to shoot prewedding photo with you.. envy envy

Daren Chong said...

beautiful, beautiful and beautiful! that's my first reaction when i saw the pics. couldn't ask for more when the outcome surpasses my expectation. you did a great job for both of us and leaving us a ever lasting memories behind. thank you so much! btw, happy birthday to you!

ohana photographers said...

beautiful couple!!! i can't get over the first pic and the one where you look like you took it out of a helicopter! lol!

senorita said...

hey jenny! nice work! i like how u did something different on this shot, very fresh and lively! and there so so many variation of shots, dimension & angles~ lovely~
cant wait for our shoot in nov!!! :)

Deyla Huss said...

Chica!! youve done it again girl! Love these! stunning, beautiful, fantabulous, gorgeous!!!

Amanda said...

I love them all but especially the ones with the red leaves below them. Did you climb a tree to get that. Those are the biggest leaves I've EVER SEEN. What kind of trees are those????

Johan Sopiee said...

i love this set! incredible and inspiring, Jenny!

astherlauphotography said...

Love the locations! Can share the details, ar? Especially love the jungle series! Where's that???

Can I ask your help to teach me how to capture flares with my lens? :P *blush*

By the way... did you get my email on Haley's baptism details?

labbit said...

hahah Jenny! how about i am asking u to shoot 2 photographers? me and my dear are photographers :D