Weddings Engagements Portraits Events Personal News Other Photography Photography Stuff Design Stuff Randoms!
My Website JSP Faqs World sunrise/ sunset times Time Zone converter World Clock Day/ Night world map




A big hi and hello to all of you out there! Thank you for stopping by Jenny Sun Photography's blog! This is my brand new blog space! So please make yourself at home, and have a good browse around. There is plenty more to come so check back often :) Just in case any of you are wondering who on earth I am, my name is Jenny Sun. I own a photography company that spans across Australia and Malaysia, particularly in the Sydney and Kuala Lumpur regions respectively. Though I'm not restricted to those areas! :) I love photographing just about anything under the sun, but my particular passion is for weddings and portraits - I seriously LOVE people, their stories, the beautiful relationships formed, and the tales that are told when that shutter goes off!

This blog is my personal and visual journey along this path of photography. Please hop on board the ride, comment along the way (I shamelessly love comments!), and lets see where the wind takes us :)




Thursday, November 20, 2008

Ling and Tak: Engagement


To those who left comments, and those who sent emails, and not to mention the messages on facebook, THANK YOU. Your warm words were really much appreciated. It was just as awesome (YAY to facebook for powerfully connecting so many of us on the web!) to finally see faces to the names of those who have been faithfully reading this corner of the web, as well as meeting for the first time those who have been following this blog but haven't as yet surfaced in the comments field :) Huge appreciation from me :)

And just to clear things up, I didn't write the last post with the motivation to attract attention or sympathy. My blog is and always will be a personal and pictorial documentation of my life, and sometimes in life we are thrown in the deep end - I'd rather be known as, and related to as a real person, with feelings, dreams, and disappointments just like the rest of you, than a perfectly always-happy photographer who takes pretty pictures :)

Anyway, onto the photos. This post, and the next will sadly be short on words and won't be playing a slideshow due to the extreme squeeze on time, life has pressed upon me these days. However I thought showing some photos is better than none right? :) I just know that if I had to blog the way I would love to blog each and every time, some of these photos might never make this face of cyberspace! And that would just make me sad.

So, without futher ado! Introducing Ling and Tak. This lovely couple spent a few hours scurrying around Sydney with me one recent afternoon getting their snaps done, and here are some of my favourites!

I have to admit, I'm a real sucker for shapes, and lines :)


I loved the backlighting that was pouring in, in this alley.






Mmmm...you know I can never pass up yummy flare if I see it!! :)












This was one of my favourites from the session. The lines, the colour of the sky, the light - just loved it! :D


Most of you know I hardly EVER take wide shots, but I just loved the lines that were part of this backdrop. I couldn't resist! :)


And here my favourite :) I will be the first to admit here that multiple layered shots are not a new idea, however it has been something I have been wanting to try for about a year after being inspired by the AWESOME kaisers! Finally found a backdrop that I thought was interesting enough to fit the idea :)


Thank you Linda who helped me out, and thank you to Tak and Ling for hanging out with me, bearing the cold, and doing all the crazy things your photographer asked you to do. Much love!

Okay, its 3am, I'm off to bed! I have to get up in about 4 hours!! :)

Another post with a shoot, in line for Friday! :D Til then!

12 comments:

nattnee said...

jen, i love that staircase shot...it's perfect

Linda Truong said...

I am rather fond of the staircase shot too! :D

Lines, lines, lines.. We love lines.. :D

rebecca-linh rodgers said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE the staircase image. really- just love the WHOLE SESSION!

triShie said...

it's equally exciting seeing you post pictures on facebook as it is seeing it on ur blog!! :)

Nicholas Leong said...

Who doesn't love lines? :)

Staircase shot was amazing. Looks like I might have found my wedding photographer :)

Hwee Mei said...

Jenny,

The shots look really amazing.. I also loved the staircase shot. Great stuff..

Anna said...

Love love the flare and backlit shots as well. OOooooo and the background for the multiplicity shot is indeed lovely!

Glad to also hear you're feeling better already :)

char said...

I like photo #8 - holding hands from below - that's definitely a new take :)

AND of course, staircase photo is a stand out !

Dave and Charlotte said...

Awesome images!!! New to your blog and just love it... a lot of inspiration there. Very cool work. Keep on rockin!

Bernard Goh said...

Very nice series :)

jazzmint said...

love the last shot ;)

Beautiful Moments Photography said...

Yes I know I'm being unoriginal, but I LOVE the staircase shot too, along with the last one :) They rock!