Weddings Engagements Portraits Events Personal News Other Photography Photography Stuff Design Stuff Randoms!
My Website JSP Faqs World sunrise/ sunset times Time Zone converter World Clock Day/ Night world map




A big hi and hello to all of you out there! Thank you for stopping by Jenny Sun Photography's blog! This is my brand new blog space! So please make yourself at home, and have a good browse around. There is plenty more to come so check back often :) Just in case any of you are wondering who on earth I am, my name is Jenny Sun. I own a photography company that spans across Australia and Malaysia, particularly in the Sydney and Kuala Lumpur regions respectively. Though I'm not restricted to those areas! :) I love photographing just about anything under the sun, but my particular passion is for weddings and portraits - I seriously LOVE people, their stories, the beautiful relationships formed, and the tales that are told when that shutter goes off!

This blog is my personal and visual journey along this path of photography. Please hop on board the ride, comment along the way (I shamelessly love comments!), and lets see where the wind takes us :)




Friday, November 7, 2008

Darrel and Nydia: Engagement


There are moments, when the planets align and everything falls into its alloted meant to be place. Where perfection almost seems real. In my line of work, this usually equals perfect light, perfect location, and ultimately an awesometastic couple!

Darrel and Nydia fell into this category, and owned it 100 times over. No, really :) When Nydia stepped out of that white car that breezy afternoon, with her big sparkly smile, I knew we were in for fun. I had such a blast with them on our session together, it almost didn't feel like work!

The images speak for themselves. I'd love to take credit for these pictures, but when I look back at them, I realized that it was Darrel and Nydia themselves that made these photos so special. Why? Because I always tell my client to relax and just be themselves...just love, just enjoy each other's company in my frame and the photos will naturally happen. If I had to share a perfect example of what that means, I would say just look at their session :)

Thank you Darrel and Nydia for taking time to hang with me for a few hours. For putting so much thought into your clothes, makeup, hair, bearing the CRAZY wind (no kidding, Nydia, you are a real trooper!), the sand gusts, running through the water barefoot, and most importantly for loving each other and letting that shine through and through the frame. I hope these images find a special place in your heart.

I seriously can't wait til your wedding at the end of the year. It will be a lovely way to cap off 2008, I'm sure of it :) Will save your lovely story for your wedding images ;)

Here are my favourite from their session:




Watch these two laugh. They laugh ALL the time - I LOVE it :D






This is probably one of my faves from the session :) They are so natural with one another, its beautiful!




Mmmm... yummy flare!












Backlit goodness :)






Always need to have a good 'portrait' of the couple!










There's that trademark Nydia laugh :)


A rare wide-ish shot from me!


I love this one...


Did I tell you that Australian sun is FANTASTIC (when it comes out haha)??




I took SO many frames of these two playing in the water. You have to watch the slideshow to see how much fun they were having! This was my favourite... Not many people can run through the water and look like they are having so much fun like these two! :)


Saved the best for last. Absolutely love this one. The light is gorgeous, and I couldn't believe how sweet these two looked even while Darrel was carrying Nydia! You two are champs. No wonder I loved shooting you both so much :D


And just for you two, here is a slideshow with the rest of your images along with a song that I have just ADORED of late :) Thank you again to you both for rockin' my world that day :D

Enjoy!



15 comments:

Linda Truong said...

These are just so gorgeous, Jenny. Your work continues to blow me over... :D The lighting is delicious and it was all so naturale... :D

You definitely rocked it at La Perouse! :D

:D :D :D :D :D :D

Naomi Dear said...

Gorgeous Gorgeous Gorgeous!! Absolutely outstanding photography and super cute couple too. Great job Jenny!

trish said...

absolutely awesome. even though I've told you that already :P

struck gold here!

joshua k said...

These pictures are totally fabulous!

Nydia said...

U are such an amazing photographer! and we ADORE ur work (love the colours, love the lighting, love how u capture the candid moments) and most of all how make the whole experience so so much fun as well.

Btw it is amazing how from the pictures, u almost cannot tell how crazy the wind was :D

Thank you so so much again Jenny!! :)

andychin said...

Jenny, I hear 'em laughing in the photos!

Gorgeous!

Raymond said...

Hi, Jenny,

I am glad I have discovered your blog. Your work is really awesome :-)

rebecca-linh rodgers said...

what a darling couple- nydia has such a sweet face. you captured this couple brilliantly!

Lydia said...

The pics are so gorgeous, they made me cry! They look so amazing together! xx

missroum87 said...

Praise God for photographers like you! I've always admire your work of art and will never stop admire your work! Everything is so beautiful that even to look at the pictures almost made me cry. Awesome work Jenny. Continue that good work that God placed in you. :)

God bless!

Hwee Mei said...

Hey Jenny,

The photos look great.. and it's such a small world that Nydia is Elvin's cousin.. guess we'll probably see you at the wedding.

Hwee Mei

Beautiful Moments Photography said...

These are just stunning Jenny! The colour is beautiful :)

Mei Yan said...

Certainly great and sharp pictures there. :))

Josh said...

Great photos, Jenny!

Alison said...

Your photos are gorgeous. I'm not even engaged yet but already wanna book you for the wedding haheha
Ally