Weddings Engagements Portraits Events Personal News Other Photography Photography Stuff Design Stuff Randoms!
My Website JSP Faqs World sunrise/ sunset times Time Zone converter World Clock Day/ Night world map




A big hi and hello to all of you out there! Thank you for stopping by Jenny Sun Photography's blog! This is my brand new blog space! So please make yourself at home, and have a good browse around. There is plenty more to come so check back often :) Just in case any of you are wondering who on earth I am, my name is Jenny Sun. I own a photography company that spans across Australia and Malaysia, particularly in the Sydney and Kuala Lumpur regions respectively. Though I'm not restricted to those areas! :) I love photographing just about anything under the sun, but my particular passion is for weddings and portraits - I seriously LOVE people, their stories, the beautiful relationships formed, and the tales that are told when that shutter goes off!

This blog is my personal and visual journey along this path of photography. Please hop on board the ride, comment along the way (I shamelessly love comments!), and lets see where the wind takes us :)




Monday, November 24, 2008

Chi and Fernando: Engagement


The afternoon was painted with a glorious golden shade, that just flooded everything it touched with a warm beauty. I love it when the sky and the world brims with splendour, under it. Everything, and I mean everything, looks just beautiful beneath it. When I pulled up my car against the gravel path, and saw Chi and Fernando...there they stood, just as I expected under that magical light. Beautiful.

I couldn't wait to photograph them! We had a gorgeous location picked out, Chi was fantabulous and got her hair and make up done, Fernando was comical and full of energy, and the light was perfect. 2 hours later, and a TONNE of laughing amongst the 3 of us in between, here is what came about as a result:

I just LOVE backlit light... it's my one true addicton (apart from colours and laughter) in my shoots :p










I LOVED the flare that was pouring from everywhere that afternoon. This was probably my favourite frame from that day.


These two are so cute together. This photo below is a typical 'moment' between the two of them - cheeky but sweet. Very THEM :)






This was another fave from the session. I just ADORED the vines framing them. I can't pick which one I like more... this one, or the b&w one after it. Readers?
























You always need a 'portrait' of the couple ;)




Thank you SO much Chi and Fernando! LOVED working with the both of you. I hadn't laughed so much at a shoot for a very long time before our session together. Thank you for reminding me how much fun photography can be if we just let loose, hang out, and just be ourselves :) You guys were my rockstars that day! And like you said, I can't wait to have more rockstar moments with you at your wedding next month!! It's going to be so fun :D

Much love!
Jenny

ps: I'll be saving your super sweet song selection (its a fave song of mine too!) for your wedding photos next month ;)

5 comments:

nattnee said...

they're nearly ALL backlit...you truly are addicted =)
but i can see why...gives the photos such nice glow and warmth...quick dial backlit helpline =)

aaron fong said...

That green door and flare everywhere...really made this series so wonderful to look at...

joshua k said...

Love these photos and you really inspired me a lot, thanks jen!

Chi said...

Hi Jenny! Thanks very very much!!! Ferni and I had a wonderful time with you!!!! Let's do it again!!!!

Nicholas Leong said...

Pretty much prefer the colour version :)

The veins look way better in their natural green.