Weddings Engagements Portraits Events Personal News Other Photography Photography Stuff Design Stuff Randoms!
My Website JSP Faqs World sunrise/ sunset times Time Zone converter World Clock Day/ Night world map




A big hi and hello to all of you out there! Thank you for stopping by Jenny Sun Photography's blog! This is my brand new blog space! So please make yourself at home, and have a good browse around. There is plenty more to come so check back often :) Just in case any of you are wondering who on earth I am, my name is Jenny Sun. I own a photography company that spans across Australia and Malaysia, particularly in the Sydney and Kuala Lumpur regions respectively. Though I'm not restricted to those areas! :) I love photographing just about anything under the sun, but my particular passion is for weddings and portraits - I seriously LOVE people, their stories, the beautiful relationships formed, and the tales that are told when that shutter goes off!

This blog is my personal and visual journey along this path of photography. Please hop on board the ride, comment along the way (I shamelessly love comments!), and lets see where the wind takes us :)




Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Ear candy


One of my somewhat secret pleasures is music. I love it. No, seriously...when I have the time, I SCROLL through itunes to find the most hidden melodic gems. The ones that nobody really knows about. Those true pieces of ear candy that hit right at home with their vocal pleasantness (or greatness in some songs), the depth of their lyrics, and sometimes just a beautiful tune alone. I listen to ALOT of genres.... in fact, there is very little I wont listen to. From classical, to rock, to jazz, to pop, indie, and so on. But the paradox in all this, is that I am INCREDIBLY fussy at the same time. So when I hit the jackpot on itunes, it really sends my ears into a frenzy, and I can listen to the same track like 50 times over and over again, until I can memorize the words, the tilts in melodic changes, and the feeling... enough so I can sing it in the shower. Or take the piece to vocal class (when I do go :p haha!!) :)

Here are some tracks that have put a bright note in my week so far. Hope you enjoy them as much as I do! I promise you they are all worth the listen - and if they are not, I give you permission to say I have bad taste in music haha :p (let's hope it doesn't come to that! :p)

(1) Forever Love - Anna Nalick
This is just down to earth, moody, and beautiful, without being corny. I adore it.



(2) A Song For You - Christina Aguilera
Okay, FORGET about the dirty pop star image that this singer has in the music industry. This song is all about jazz, soul, and a hint of blues. I'm a huge fan of impeccable vocals, and this song just shines out as a perfect example. Think whatever you may of this lady, but she can really SING!



(3) We Fall Down - By Chris Tomlin
This is a live version of the very famous track by this AWESOME artist. The most beautiful thing that struck me about this version was the fact that this same song can be even more beautiful sounding in a totally different language. I was mesmerized by the song in the other language :) You may need to be a vocalist to understand what crazy mumbo jumbo I am rambling on about :p

We Fall Down - Chris Tomlin

(4) Embrace Hope - Melissa Polinar
Seriously, I cannot get enough of this woman. Her voice is sweet and full of this warm timbre that I just adore. Love this track from her - stripped, live, and just showcases what a talented singer song writer she is.


Til next time! :)


8 comments:

joshua k said...

I love the first one :) Thanks for sharing some nice songs!

Nicholas Leong said...

Nice songs :) And Christina Aguilera is definitely better than her rival, the Spears lady.

At least Christina can sing :P

TJ said...

Jenny,
Your viewfinder eye is only superseded by beauty of the words you weave.
Lucky for me, I enjoy both tremendously.

May Yee said...

Jenny, you've got excellent taste in music, as always! One of the things I look forward to when I visit your blog (aside from the photos, of course) is to discover new songs that you've unearthed.

Hey, I didn't know you take vocal lessons.... you should join the choir! I'm sure you'll have fun and it's a good way to relax. Lemme know if you're interested yeah? :)

triShie said...

excellent!! i'm in love with Anna Nalick and Melissa Polinar too!! simply great musicians!

Jenny Sun said...

may yee: yeah I have been taking vocal lessons! I've been in classes since 2004 in both Sydney and in KL :-) Me? Part of the choir? Wow, not sure if I live up to the calibre that you lot sing, but I'd LOVE to watch the group - I was really impressed at your wedding. Beautiful voices :)

Mei Yan said...

There's actually a slower version of A song for you by Michael Buble.

janss2 said...

i love the first one too...