Weddings Engagements Portraits Events Personal News Other Photography Photography Stuff Design Stuff Randoms!
My Website JSP Faqs World sunrise/ sunset times Time Zone converter World Clock Day/ Night world map




A big hi and hello to all of you out there! Thank you for stopping by Jenny Sun Photography's blog! This is my brand new blog space! So please make yourself at home, and have a good browse around. There is plenty more to come so check back often :) Just in case any of you are wondering who on earth I am, my name is Jenny Sun. I own a photography company that spans across Australia and Malaysia, particularly in the Sydney and Kuala Lumpur regions respectively. Though I'm not restricted to those areas! :) I love photographing just about anything under the sun, but my particular passion is for weddings and portraits - I seriously LOVE people, their stories, the beautiful relationships formed, and the tales that are told when that shutter goes off!

This blog is my personal and visual journey along this path of photography. Please hop on board the ride, comment along the way (I shamelessly love comments!), and lets see where the wind takes us :)




Thursday, November 27, 2008

Facebook, and Surnames


The clock showcased an 11:30am face, my stomach was howling an aggressive growl that called for immediate attention. You know, the kind that tags itself with a red exclamation mark for highest priority of service... or else. Given the day and my 3 day to-do-list which I am attempting to complete in 1 day (Did I ever mention that I am quite the ambitious little bee? :p ), I knew that running out to wait in line at my favourite Pan Mee store would not be an option. Disappointed as my stomach was, it had to settle for McDonald's home delivery (Aussies reading this, you are totally missing out - while in the long run I think it bodes better for the health that you do not get 24 hour home delivery of such fatty delights, its awesome for workaholics like myself who occasionally forget to eat in the midst of the piles of work living around them).

So there I was, dialling the imfamous 1300 13 1300 numbers, and the lady asks to confirm my identity, as they usually do...making sure I was Jenny Tan, calling from 012XXXXXXX. I had to pause for one second. Jenny Tan? A split second later, I realized that's me!! "Oh yes yes, that's correct" I quickly mumbled to the lady on the phone.

While to the business and photography world I am still known as Jenny Sun, my personal and married life carries my new surname: Tan. While I've carried this surname for months already, to be called and addressed by it, was quite surreal. Funny in fact. I chuckled to myself, and repeated "I am Jenny Tan". And continued to wonder how long most women take to adjust to their new marital name, before it becomes as common as the leg of a sofa you've had for 15 years. Months? Years? Never?

Anyway, I love both surnames I have. And I carry both proudly :)

On another note, thank you to everyone who has added me on facebook! It's been SO wonderful to finally see the faces of those whom have been reading my blog! I feel incredibly honored that you would want to add little old me to your friend list. And its been even more fun 'chatting' with you via my status lines. While I love comments from faceless visitors, I love putting a face to the names even better. Anyhow, while it was a pretty informal invitation previously to add me if you wanted to, here's a formal - IT'S OK :) - invitation to add me on facebook! I'd love to see your faces there, whether I've met you at a wedding, or you are a friend of the bride/groom I've shot before, or even if I haven't met you but you have been reading my blog/seen my work. I'd love to meet you on facebook! You can find out what I'm getting up to there via my statuses and chat with me there if I happen to be around. I promise I am not crazy, and I do not bite :)

Click the picture below to be directed to my facebook page:




See you! Have a happy thursday everyone :-)

5 comments:

Nicholas Leong said...

As long as you don't bite :) 3-day to-do-list done in one-day? Of course you can. Just chuck it into the bin :)

triShie said...

actually, i am very shocked and honored that YOU would click "YES" to add strangers like me!!! :) enjoy reading ur statuses..keep 'em coming!

astherlauphotography said...

I don think I'll ever get use to carrying my husband's surname. So far, nobody's called me Asther Tan (yet) but Mrs Tan plenty (which I kinda like it a lot!);)

I wish I'm as young, as strong and as will-driven as you, girl! U GO GIRL but always remember to take a breather. Hehehe...

Mark Leo said...

I know some people who have no work would try to complete their 1 day to-do-list over 3 days instead ;)

Linda Truong said...

*chucks to self* Jenny Sun Tan! LOLOL! God really has a sense of humor! :D I love it!

Hello Mrs Tan! :D

I reacon it's hard to swallow Mrs... :| Rather than your husbands last name...