Weddings Engagements Portraits Events Personal News Other Photography Photography Stuff Design Stuff Randoms!
My Website JSP Faqs World sunrise/ sunset times Time Zone converter World Clock Day/ Night world map




A big hi and hello to all of you out there! Thank you for stopping by Jenny Sun Photography's blog! This is my brand new blog space! So please make yourself at home, and have a good browse around. There is plenty more to come so check back often :) Just in case any of you are wondering who on earth I am, my name is Jenny Sun. I own a photography company that spans across Australia and Malaysia, particularly in the Sydney and Kuala Lumpur regions respectively. Though I'm not restricted to those areas! :) I love photographing just about anything under the sun, but my particular passion is for weddings and portraits - I seriously LOVE people, their stories, the beautiful relationships formed, and the tales that are told when that shutter goes off!

This blog is my personal and visual journey along this path of photography. Please hop on board the ride, comment along the way (I shamelessly love comments!), and lets see where the wind takes us :)




Sunday, November 16, 2008

Enough


There are those things in life that are nice to have, but you can live without. And then there are those other things that are piercing necessities. Today, one of my nice-to-haves became a piercing necessity. I'm talking about those big comforting hugs at the end of a bad day.

In my case, a bad week. And bad would be an understatement. Horrible. Unlucky. Down right rotten. Whatever negative adjective that you would like to use, that would fit in the umbrella that has been my one week I wish I could just erase.

I've had the misfortune of suffering all kinds of blows and losses this week... all of which were unintentional, but still hurt in all the nooks and crannies that existed withinin my body and soul nonetheless. Yesterday, I had to just sit, and the overwhelming frustration of everything uncertain came to a screeching peak..and boiled to the tip... and I just burst into tears. You know, the burying-your-face-in-your-hands kind of crying, because you feel absolutely helpless... in that instant, all I could conjure was a less than glorifying plea to God to lift my sailing spirits. I wish I could have prayed for something more worthy like world peace, or solving poverty, but all I could muster was - help.

As most of you may have already realized, I don't normally blog about the less than pleasant things that happen in my day to day existence, in fact, there are a lot of entries that I have written, but never pressed the published button for fear of judgement or laughter at seeing the slightly more raw and less than perfect side of this girl behind the lens. But then I think, presenting a 100% happy and positive outpour of thoughts wouldn't be very real of me wouldn't it?... and being real is important. So here's to pressing the publish button this time.

So today, to cap off a 0/10 kind of week, God answered my prayers in the little and strangest of ways that He usually does, with a hug. The 'it's going to be okay, chin up' kind of hug from Ju. It may not solve war, or poverty, or give world peace, or erase the black spots that have marred my week, but it does make me smile. And sometimes, that is enough.

Enough to muster up the strength and grin an I AM soldiering-on grin to defeat. Enough to start the whole 7 day cycle again. And enough to be better at it this time around.

Happy post, with some happy engagement photos to come in the next day or two! (fingers crossed that life doesn't get in the way again!) If you can't wait, check them out on my facebook page (you will need to add me as a friend if you have not done so already to view, so the invitation is open) :)

---------------------

ps: It has come to my attention (thank you to a few clients who have persevered in trying to contact me) that some emails have not been received/sent, even though I know I HAVE sent them! - so if you have not heard from me for sometime, PLEASE drop me another email. I am tied up with appointments/shoots almost every day this week so if you cannot get my via phone, PLEASE sms me or email me at the very least. Thank you! :)

14 comments:

nattnee said...

hey jen...you ok? what on earth happened?
i know exactly how you feel...that kind of emotions...like we're done for and we wish there was something to be done but there ain't....but everything will pass...take care of yourself

Joelle said...

sorry to hear that you had a bad week, don't worry it happens to everybody. hope it gets better soon. :)

Daniella Marsden said...

Thanks for sharing with such a transparent heart. Although I don't know what you've gone through and although I can't understand or comprehend how you are actually feeling. I know that God can and that He will bring you through each day.
You are an awesome photographer! God has definitely gifted you!

Bert said...

awww Jen!
sending you my love!
look out for an email from me in the next day or so, I've had some nice feedback about the save the dates, I'm sure they'll cheer you up!!! =)
xxxx

Linda Truong said...

His grace is sufficient for us... And, in the scheme of things, remember that all good things happen to those who love Him. So even though life has thrown at you some really tough trials, know that in the end, all good will be brought about...

When we are afflicted... He too is also afflicted with us. Man.. So profound...

We're all in this together, sister.

Love you. And I will be praying for you.

Lynn said...

Jen, I don't know what it is but I'm sure u will get thru it. What doesn't kill will only makes u stronger. **hugz**

char said...

Hugs to Jenny !!!

joshua k said...

Jen, I will be keep praying for you, God always make a great & right way, Amen! Let's us sing together...

God will make a way,
Where there seems to be no way
He works in ways we cannot see
He will make a way for me
He will be my guide
Hold me closely to His side
With love and strength for each new day
He will make a way, He will make a way.
By a roadway in the wilderness, He'll lead me
And rivers in the desert will I see
Heaven and earth will fade
But His Word will still remain
He will do something new today.
God will make a way,
Where there seems to be no way
He works in ways we cannot see
He will make a way for me
He will be my guide
Hold me closely to His side
With love and strength for each new day
He will make a way, He will make a way

edwin tan said...

everyone hv their own up and down moments in their life, most important, treasure these moments and be strong~!

jk said...

look at the bright side jen,
up is the only way you can go when u've hit rock bottom... so cheer-up :)

astherlau said...

Hugs from me here! (Altho pls don mind the bulging tummy eh! :P)

Nicholas Leong said...

First time visiting the blog though I have definitely seen your pictures being published.

Weird to be commenting on such a personal post as my first comment but all I can say is, think happy thoughts.

After all, life is too short to be spent burying your face in your hands filled with tears. :)

Hope you have a terrific week ahead.

Fishy Ash said...

Hi Jenny, cheer up. Do take care. You know there's a whole bunch of people out there who love you very much. ;)

Beautiful Moments Photography said...

Oh Honey, I hear your loud and clear! I had one of those weeks last week and it left me in a dreary kind of funk for ages. But, after every storm comes a rainbow and I know your rainbow is just around the corner :)