Weddings Engagements Portraits Events Personal News Other Photography Photography Stuff Design Stuff Randoms!
My Website JSP Faqs World sunrise/ sunset times Time Zone converter World Clock Day/ Night world map




A big hi and hello to all of you out there! Thank you for stopping by Jenny Sun Photography's blog! This is my brand new blog space! So please make yourself at home, and have a good browse around. There is plenty more to come so check back often :) Just in case any of you are wondering who on earth I am, my name is Jenny Sun. I own a photography company that spans across Australia and Malaysia, particularly in the Sydney and Kuala Lumpur regions respectively. Though I'm not restricted to those areas! :) I love photographing just about anything under the sun, but my particular passion is for weddings and portraits - I seriously LOVE people, their stories, the beautiful relationships formed, and the tales that are told when that shutter goes off!

This blog is my personal and visual journey along this path of photography. Please hop on board the ride, comment along the way (I shamelessly love comments!), and lets see where the wind takes us :)




Tuesday, March 30, 2010

New York City - Film Shots


I had this really pretty wedding, all lined up to be blogged today, and then I realized I had left the images in my other office. Big DOHHHH! haha :) And since I am STILL on the road in between shoots, it will have to wait until I get back into JSP headquarters more permanently next week.

In the meantime, I hope it's ok to share some shots of New York City I shot on film :) If you've been following my blog, you'll know about my love affair for film :) I love how it looks so creamy, organic, and nostalgic.... and I especially love how good photos look straight out of camera on film. It never ceases to surprise me whenever I go and pick up each roll from the lab!! You are all probably wondering, how many more posts do we have to see of New York before we see photos from all the other cities we set out feet in - to be honest, Im not sure! New York was the city we spent the most time in, and I love it, so I hope you bear with me and all these posts in between the weddings and engagement sessions I'm blogging :D

Enjoy my favourite film snaps from our time in New York City. Everything is straight off the film (ie. no editing) except the black and white conversions :)


To start with, here are some shots of the New York apartment buildings done on my lomo camera! The 4th one in the bottom right hand corner was a total accident. I forgot to wind the film and accidentally shot another frame on top of the previous one - hence the trippy ghostly merge in the pic! :p


Lomo shots of central park on the only day we had sun in NYC.


Brooklyn bridge on a gloomy day. The spot we shot this, Empire of the Sun was actually shooting a video clip!!


Dusk was really pretty in NYC.


This photo completely represents how this city feels to the core.


New york just wouldn't be new york without all their awesome yellow cabs huh? :D


Or the masses of people.






More central park snaps. I swear this park was my favourite place in the whole city.






Amidst all the grey, I spotted some color! :)


This city, really is as Alicia Keys' anthem sings - Concrete Jungle.....


And who can forget that special wall dedicated to the 911 tragedy. Painted by the kids.


And lastly the snow. I love how you can spot all the little people. How many can you find? :D




Hope everyone's week has been going well so far!! :D

See you all next post!! :D

xox

13 comments:

Jen Lynne said...

Gorgeous Jenny! I love seeing the city through your eyes :)

. s h e r r y * said...

I really loved seeing NY through your eyes. AND on film <3

Valen said...

Jenny, i am so inspired to practise more on film shots after seeing your set of photos! :D LOVE them!!

As for the #1, the 4th one in the bottom right, don't you think this is the fun part playing with lomo?? Only lomo allows this feature! :D

Girish said...

Very nice shots of the city.

You always work with film cameras.

The 2 yellow cab shots looks like some movie shot.

Keep it up.

Tricia said...

Really beautiful stuff Jenny

Milan Teh said...

Geeez! I love love LOVEEEE the film color!!! :D

edwin tan said...

nice nice, wonder when can i tag u along again

Anna Kim Photography said...

I miss New York. And oddly enough, I miss the snow too. Great photos of NY, Jenny!

Evonne Wong said...

These are gorgeous, Jenny! If I can bare the winter in NYC, I would move there in a heartbeat! Thanks for sharing!

Rebecca said...

Love Love lovee the park pictures with snow! Esp the curved bend sidewalk one. So good!

kawaiii said...

awesome! im from KL, but im currently living in new york...
and i didnt know that new york is that pretty.
Especially when u step on the muddy dirty snow on the floor.. haha!

hope u can come new york more!
great lomo too! using holga or LCA+?

wedding photographer New York said...

Nice post. The photos brings the beauty of New York City. Great job!

runa said...

Nice post with beautiful photos.Thanks for sharing.