Weddings Engagements Portraits Events Personal News Other Photography Photography Stuff Design Stuff Randoms!
My Website JSP Faqs World sunrise/ sunset times Time Zone converter World Clock Day/ Night world map




A big hi and hello to all of you out there! Thank you for stopping by Jenny Sun Photography's blog! This is my brand new blog space! So please make yourself at home, and have a good browse around. There is plenty more to come so check back often :) Just in case any of you are wondering who on earth I am, my name is Jenny Sun. I own a photography company that spans across Australia and Malaysia, particularly in the Sydney and Kuala Lumpur regions respectively. Though I'm not restricted to those areas! :) I love photographing just about anything under the sun, but my particular passion is for weddings and portraits - I seriously LOVE people, their stories, the beautiful relationships formed, and the tales that are told when that shutter goes off!

This blog is my personal and visual journey along this path of photography. Please hop on board the ride, comment along the way (I shamelessly love comments!), and lets see where the wind takes us :)




Thursday, March 4, 2010

Travel Destination: New York, USA - Day 2


It's been SUCH a crazy ride the past few weeks! I have a million pictures to share, and another 8 rolls sitting on film waiting to be developed. I'm currently perched here in my hotel room in Vegas prepping for a crazy intense week at WPPI, and at the same time nursing a cold that I seem to have adopted along my travels here in the states. Perhaps it is the chilling-to-the-bone kind of weather we've been experiencing first hand, or maybe it is the fact that we are doing and seeing so much and getting so excited by all the sight and sounds around us that we aren't sleeping as much as we should. Whatever it is, I'm wiping away my runny nose, making my own version of 'wonton balls' as I try to catch up on blog posts :)

I have a collection of journal entries where I penned my thoughts and reflections that I wrote during my trip, but I might save them for the next entry or so, once my brain is parked more in a functioning state :)

For now, I'm making up for my lack of updates with a larger than normal post of travel photos from NYC :D

Enjoy! I'm off to bed for an early start to Cliff Mautner's workshop tomorrow! :D So excited!! :D Take care my lovelies! And see you next post! :D

I think I've developed an unhealthy love for apartment blocks with retro fire escape stairs like these. They are everywhere in New York City. These were in the beautiful Greenwich Village :)






After wandering the cold streets of Greenwich Village, we finally made it to Bleeker Street to stop by the infamous Magnolia Bakery. The decor inside was so incredibly cute and homely! :D




Not to mention insanely packed and busy!! It was a challenge to even take this picture without rubbing shoulders with the next person!




I managed to eventually try the classic favourite flavour - Red Velvet which is basically a plain red cupcake with the most incredible vanilla cream top. It was lovely, but if I had to choose, my palette was a little biased to the below chocolate delights! :D


We were told Sarah Jessica Parker lived around this area - they apparently also filmed Sex and The City around here too. I can see why - the streets were just so pretty! Here is one such example! :D




Okay, so you already know I rarely EVER post personal pictures of the husband and I - we are a little shy :P But I couldn't help myself with these two shots - I think the red wall made us look nicer hehe ;)


I personally think I look like a burglar! haha!


I love love love anything vintage - this vintage clothing storefront was just delightful! :D


And then as we kept exploring, we came across an entire wall of tiles that were painted by school children, to honor the victims who had died in the 9/11 tragedy. I saw tile after tile that almost made me tear like the following. Although none was as sad as the one Ju captured (which you can't see here) that read in a faded red heartshape "Brandon Reed Brandhorst. Age 3. Flew into God's arms. UA flight 175, 9/11".






You can't stay in New York and not try the best hotdogs around - Gray's Papaya 's hotdogs made my tummy and tastebuds so happy! :D




Ground Zero. Its apparently stayed like this with no progress for 10 years due to politics :(


More winterscapes.


An intense observer on the Staten Island ferry.


A lady I caught using an old film camera. Its always a delight to see anyone who embraces the old way :)


The sky finally cleared up for a tiny period and we could see the Manhattan Skyline. Isn't she pretty? :)




And finally, a pretty sunset to end the day.


Just kidding, we ended our trip by buying some cheesy I 'heart' NY shirts - these stalls are all over the city!


Have a happy Friday everyone! :D




11 comments:

Trevor Dayley said...

Beautiful photos. Love, love, love them. Reminded me so much of my trip to NY last year. Thanks for sharing.

dorelies said...

You seem to love NY like me.

guynextdoor84 said...

really love the photos in this post!!!

HenRy LeE ® said...

i really enjoy looking at ur photos of NYC... good job and u really enjoy ur vacation ya!

Analy said...

Jenny, I would LOVE to meet you! I'll be at the WPPI also and really hope to see you there. I'm a big fan of your work.

Have a fabulous day!!!

analy

. s h e r r y * said...

Eep! I love travel photos! :) Especially from places I want to go to! :) Thanks for sharing, and have SO much fun at WPPI!!! (So sad I'll be missing it...)

youna said...

pretty girl ;)
i heard clothes in the US is super cheap! :P

ayienazri said...

hello jenny...i like ur pic...like the moment....nice sgt...

Loving Hearts Captured Photography said...

I wish I took awesome images such as these when I was in NYC!! Fantastic work!! I adore you!!

anda said...

LOVE magnolia bakery!! and these images!! i think i saw you at elizabeth messina at WPPI -- recognized you from j*'s blog -- but i wasn't sure, so i didn't say hi, lol.

Ruiling said...

Wonderful pictures, i love the way you capture life and its moments. Makes me wanna go backpacking again :)