Weddings Engagements Portraits Events Personal News Other Photography Photography Stuff Design Stuff Randoms!
My Website JSP Faqs World sunrise/ sunset times Time Zone converter World Clock Day/ Night world map




A big hi and hello to all of you out there! Thank you for stopping by Jenny Sun Photography's blog! This is my brand new blog space! So please make yourself at home, and have a good browse around. There is plenty more to come so check back often :) Just in case any of you are wondering who on earth I am, my name is Jenny Sun. I own a photography company that spans across Australia and Malaysia, particularly in the Sydney and Kuala Lumpur regions respectively. Though I'm not restricted to those areas! :) I love photographing just about anything under the sun, but my particular passion is for weddings and portraits - I seriously LOVE people, their stories, the beautiful relationships formed, and the tales that are told when that shutter goes off!

This blog is my personal and visual journey along this path of photography. Please hop on board the ride, comment along the way (I shamelessly love comments!), and lets see where the wind takes us :)




Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Adelaide DIY wedding: Joe and Vivian


I know wedding posts are TOTALLY overdue :) 2009 was a complete craze for us, and then we jet setted across the world. It left so little time to breathe, let alone blog! But I'm back to show some love to this space, and share with you all the beautiful couples that we have had the honor to cross paths with :) Starting with this amazing pair :)

------

The charcoal grey storm clouds swirled above in a warning fashion, painting the day in muted tones. However, not too far from where I stood on that oddly-windy summer day, I could hear giggles floating...and as I stepped into the door, the flurry of feet buzzed around in excited commotion. And there she was. The bride, gently but confidently powdering her face in preparation for the moments to come. Vivian knew it would be time soon. Yet even in those final moments when most brides would be madly waving their arms as the stress set in, Vivian remained calm...filled with adrenalin, but calm...and with a smile. Always with a smile. And I think that is what defines these two - Both completely down to earth, and personal. But individually, Vivian is the soothing, gentle spirit that is full of warmth and generosity. While Joe, her other half is the vivacious, excitable soul, laced with zealousy and playfullness. And I love that - when two people compliment, that is. She is his roots, while he is her air. A perfect yin and yang :)

I have to say it here, it makes me SO happy when I walk into the door of a wedding day, and I can see elements of the couple's personality sprinkled across all the elements of the day. Especially when the ingredients to the day are made with personal love, with their own hands, time, and creativity. It was so evident at Joe and Vivian's wedding, from the moment I received their invite in my mailbox (did I tell you how much I LOVE getting invites from my couples??? It makes me all warm and gooey on the inside to know that they would extend their hand of friendship in that gesture :D), I knew I was in for some gorgeous fun with these two! You'll see what I mean below :) All their gorgeous wedding details were personally sourced, made, and styled in true DIY form - and I just loved that! :D

Here are my favourites :)






Joe on his way out :)


Quiet moments before the ceremony.






The ceremony was filled to the brim with emotion....quiet and exuberant.




Joe was in tears at this point, just overwhelmed with the joy that they would actually be calling each other husband and wife from this point.


While these two were in a world of their own. I was trying to figure out what they were plotting! hehe :D




Some portraits before the storm clouds rolled in that day!








We stumbled upon this amazing little cottage by complete accident! I just love the texture and colours of the building - totally reminded me of my time in Paris, France and Europe in general! :D




And the fabulous wedding details :) The theme was carried through so beautifully!






Joe and Vivian, in their true personal style, organized candies for all their guests to take home - apparently these were the candies they loved eating as children! :D




Hilarious moments during the reception.


And then these two surprised everyone with a song. These two SERIOUSLY know how to sing!! I thought I was listening to two professionals! I have a video, but have no idea how to upload it as its 220mb HD so if you know, please tell me so I can share with you their amazing talent!




My favourite moment of every wedding reception - the first dance :)


Party!!




Thank you to Joe and Vivian for flying me all the way into Adelaide and sharing your lives with me. I truly felt like a friend at the wedding, and that meant the WORLD. I love you both!!!

xox


14 comments:

Nicholas Leong said...

Love the shots, love the presentation even more. Need to learn more from you!

trish said...

oooh la la! Love the invites, the cottage (WOW), the black and white processing, and the love...awesome work! Miss ya Jen! xx

felixalim said...

very nice as always Jenny!

. s h e r r y * said...

Gorgeous shots! Can't believe it was DIY! :) Looks so good!!

Rui Di said...

AWESOME AS USUAL! love it to the bit!

andychin said...

JOSEPH CHONG you so lengzai woh :D

beautiful photo there Jenny. :)

Girish said...

Wonderful as always. The detail shot looks great. Very nice candid's. Would love to accompany you for a shoot and learn from you..but of course am way to far !!

The b/w photos are too good.

Hannah said...

Gorgeous - I just discovered you and read your whole blog. Just amazing work!

This wedding is beautifully captured and your reception work is perfection - seriously awesome!

Anonymous said...

I love this album so much!!! Well done Jen!

Shino Barnes

Christopher Wren said...

Jenny - just upload it to youtube. It will take a while, but they can handle videos much larger than 220 mb. As long as it's not longer than 10 minutes, you'll be fine. Oh, and this photography is amazing, again!

Saw Kang Jong said...

amazing photo... love it

Asther said...

Oh soooo yummy!

Ooi Eric said...

Hey Jenny, you can convert the video to the FLV format using Adobe Media Encoder CS4 or a similar software. The file size will be much smaller after that :)

alen mcmilan said...

Wow Its a really cool wedding photography, I really impress on your awesome wedding shots. this wedding couple is looking really nice in all the shots mainly in the black & white shots.
adelaide photographers